Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post

Here you go

An Eye for an Eye chapter Two. Enjoy.
      Great chapter!!!!! *tries to green you*
      So cool you included
      Spoiler:
      Sora

I really hope you update soon I love stories with Kolya lol probably because he "threatens" the love..

*can sleep peacefully now*
      Night Sparkies!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by muffinnuffin View Post
        Is anyone else getting a really slow loading time from Gateworld and Forum? I thought it was just my internet, but apparently its happening all over the place...
        I was getting it earlier, too. Annoyed me, because I wanted to reply to some things here and GW was just too sloooooooowww... *headdesk*

I'm not really sure. Its just something my geeky little brain thought of one night when I couldn't sleep. (There are actually spoilers underneath here because I reference an as yet unseen episode)

Spoiler:
        It kinda needs some explaination though. There's a very famous series of books called The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. Its a triology (of five, but ssssh) and the events of the second book is later thought to be the kind of 'dreamlike' one where things go a bit crazy and one character is 'off the hook for a while'.

Now, in relation to Atlantis, I suppose its possible (to me it is anyway) to see the events of Season 4 as a kind of 'dream' where things went a bit pear-shaped. And from what we've heard about the S4 finale the timeline has gone a bit wrong - hmm?

Please ignore me if that sounds stupid. I srsly thought of it at about three in the morning when I couldn't sleep. It seemed like a nice idea at the time.
        Heehee!

Spoiler:
        Season 4 and beyond are definitely a dream. Or more like some whacked-out nightmare brought on by too many bean burritos at dinner...

Originally posted by Vixen View Post
        I agree. And I'm glad it wasn't Elizabeth in that scene in Conversion.
        It really left such a mark on Teyla that she even stopped sparring with John in the gym after that for the following season.
        Absolutely! Now whenever we see John in the gym, he's sparring with Ronon. (of course, I suppose that could always be because they're trying to get more women to watch the show by having two hot guys kicking each others *sses...)

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        Elizabeth has taught John how to be a leader. In canon terms - that's her legacy to him. He is now what he is thanx to her, she made him a better person.
        Yup. And in terms of my rose-colored shipping glasses, it's because of how Elizabeth has made her mark on John that now, anyone other than Elizabeth will always be second best in John's eyes.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        I've read them all--I can give you a Lizbeth summary under the tags. Best novels for Elizabeth and Sparky love are Exogenesis and Casualties of War, though there are a few good moments in the other novels as well.

Sweet! Thanks for the breakdown; I'll be looking for those bits and pieces as I make my way through the novels!

Spoiler:
        I understand there is perhaps one more story with an Elizabeth presence (pre-First Strike, I'm imagining?) coming up, plus the audio novel Torri reads, which is very Elizabeth heavy *YAY \o/*. But I don't know how much Elizabeth it'll actually have in it--it could be more Halcyon than Casualties of War.

And that, friends, is you synopsis summary for today.
        Spoiler:
        And there's always the possibility that there will be more novels with Elizabeth in the future. The FAQ on the Fandemonium website even addresses a question asking if there will be stories with characters who have died on the show, and they said that the authors are free to set their novels at any point during the series. I know that they've done SG-1 novels set before "Heroes, Part 2," allowing readers to see Janet Frasier still alive and well. In many ways, tie-ins have a lot more freedom to go back and explore the past than even the TV show.

SHE'S NOT DEAD!
        Spoiler:
        DID THEY SEE THE END OF BAMSR???

Canon-wise, the nice thing about Sci-Fi is even if TPTB decide to put a bullet directly through her head (which they can't since Torri's not coming back) nobody ever dies in sci-fi.

I have no idea what they're going to do to 'wrap up' BAMSR, but I don't know if TPTB will venture to bring up Elizabeth again and rehash her death. With as little reference as they've made of her lately, I don't see them wasting even a line re-stating she 'died' after "Lifeline". Doing so would force them to bring up those weird things called 'emotions' again for everyone and we all know they don't want to use those things again. *snark-monster today*

Without Torri, there's really no good way to 'morph' that storyline other than to bring up the remaining replicators without her, and perhaps shadow reference the character off-screen. Sheppard and the others don't know she reappeared, after all--would the rebel replicators bother to explain 'oh, she was alive (or her duplicate) and then she died again?' I don't seem them doing that.

My prediction of what they'll do (based on the actions of TPTB so far) is to chicken out (*MAJOR SNARK DAY*) and have her blown up as a double or something--without Atlantis even knowing. But that does not mean DEAD. Until Atlantis is over, she's not dead canon-wise, and in the world of non-canon, of course, she can live for eternity.
        I'm kind of wondering how they're going to handle this, myself.

Spoiler:
        They have written off characters before when the actor did not return, so it wouldn't surprise me to see it happen again. But the way they've set things up at the end of BAMSR, moving forward with the storyline now is going to look Grade-A Stupid without Torri, no matter how they try to do it.

I think the best we can hope for is that they might do some sort of CG-morph, to make it look like the Weir we saw in BAMSR was actually another Replicator that had simply taken on Weir's appearance (much like Repli!Keller and Repli!Lorne in "This Mortal Coil"). That would answer the question of what was going on at the end of BAMSR, yet still leave the door open to a possible return by Weir at some point in the future.

Looky, looky

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...eline_0360.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...eline_0361.jpg

John: 'jeez, she's beautiful even as a half-replicator.'

Lizabeth: 'wonder if our children would have his hair or repli-hair?'
        Hee! Repli!Sparky!babies are love.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        Okay smut lovers, here is it. Still unbetad and I can fix it/rewrite things. Please tell em how bad this sucks.

Castles of sand

Spoilers for Sunday
        RAWR! That was HAWT! *fans self*

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post

Here you go

An Eye for an Eye chapter Two. Enjoy.
        KOLYAAAA!!!!!!!!!

And yay!
        Spoiler:
        Sora! Now it's time for Teyla to put the thumbscrews to her "old friend" and get the wench to talk! Muahahaha!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Absolutely! Now whenever we see John in the gym, he's sparring with Ronon. (of course, I suppose that could always be because they're trying to get more women to watch the show by having two hot guys kicking each others *sses...)
          You mean they did that on purpose? Daymn...

Let me tell you, Ronan has gone up in my mind from Atlantis's version of Chewbacca to pretty damn cool (pretty being the operative word ) just from beating John with stick *whump!love*

I'm kind of wondering how they're going to handle this, myself.

Spoiler:
          They have written off characters before when the actor did not return, so it wouldn't surprise me to see it happen again. But the way they've set things up at the end of BAMSR, moving forward with the storyline now is going to look Grade-A Stupid without Torri, no matter how they try to do it.

I think the best we can hope for is that they might do some sort of CG-morph, to make it look like the Weir we saw in BAMSR was actually another Replicator that had simply taken on Weir's appearance (much like Repli!Keller and Repli!Lorne in "This Mortal Coil"). That would answer the question of what was going on at the end of BAMSR, yet still leave the door open to a possible return by Weir at some point in the future.
          Yeah, but...

Spoiler:
          How irritated are we going to be if that happens? BAMSR gave us the faint hope that Elizabeth will return in some way. If they go and morph her into Oberoth (which is vaugly acceptable, given that its the legend that is David Ogden Stiers and he's amazing*) or someone else I certainly won't be happy!

Neither will John, come to think of it... See?

*I'm a MASH fan, can you tell?
          The Geek shall inherit the earth

Proud Sparky Supporter
          Keeping the Heart and Soul of Atlantis Alive
          "They can take our Elizabeth, but they can ne'er take our SPARKY!"

Comment

*whistles*

I should be working on a 6 page Essay on Evolution...but Sparky keeps calling me back.

Any ideas to get my mind off Sparky and onto this Essay...at least till I get it done? =D
            sigpic

Comment

Paulrissa- I have absolutely none. As I avoid work with sparky. XD THe only advice I can say is, use sparky as a reward. If you can get X amount done you can read a fic or something to that extent!

Actually, I'm here to bring my last (planned) sparky contribution for the night before I go off to read scholarly articles for a paper. ;.; stoopid paper.

Ever wonder HOW John picked out "The Bowl"? Not very long...
              http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4095928/1/
              "Scientists say juggling is good for the brain....Or...was that...Jelllll-o?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulSpinder View Post
                Paulrissa- I have absolutely none. As I avoid work with sparky. XD THe only advice I can say is, use sparky as a reward. If you can get X amount done you can read a fic or something to that extent!

Actually, I'm here to bring my last (planned) sparky contribution for the night before I go off to read scholarly articles for a paper. ;.; stoopid paper.

Ever wonder HOW John picked out "The Bowl"? Not very long...
                http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4095928/1/

I tried your suggestion...it worked until I read something about a Elizabeth...No joke. I slowly came back to here. I've gotten about two paragraphs done.

I'm screwed.

Why is it so dead in here? No one's talking!!
                sigpic

Comment

You mean they did that on purpose? Daymn...

Let me tell you, Ronan has gone up in my mind from Atlantis's version of Chewbacca to pretty damn cool (pretty being the operative word ) just from beating John with stick *whump!love*
                  I love Shep!whump. It's delicious and nutritious. Especially when combined with some Lizzie!comfort...

Yeah, but...

Spoiler:
                  How irritated are we going to be if that happens? BAMSR gave us the faint hope that Elizabeth will return in some way. If they go and morph her into Oberoth (which is vaugly acceptable, given that its the legend that is David Ogden Stiers and he's amazing*) or someone else I certainly won't be happy!

Neither will John, come to think of it... See?

*I'm a MASH fan, can you tell?
                  Spoiler:
                  Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I wouldn't be too terribly disappointed if something like this happened. As I said before, such a scenario can still leave the door open to Elizabeth coming back in some other way later on. Remember, we don't know for certain that she's dead. We never saw her die on screen. Repli!Keller could've been deliberately lying to Clone!Weir in TMC, or Repli!Keller herself could've been lied to and was unknowingly passing on false information. As long as canon holds the possibility that the original Elizabeth is still out there, somewhere, and could come back... that's good enough for me.

Originally posted by PaulrissaRahany View Post
                  *whistles*

I should be working on a 6 page Essay on Evolution...but Sparky keeps calling me back.

Any ideas to get my mind off Sparky and onto this Essay...at least till I get it done? =D
                  Heh! Sorry, I'm afraid I can't help you... I have Sparky on the brain.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Heh! Sorry, I'm afraid I can't help you... I have Sparky on the brain.
                    Me either, that always happens to me too. I should be working on something now, but hey when Sparky calls.
                    Thanks to Spacemonkey Jackson for the signature!

Comment

Originally posted by Short Angel View Post
                      Me either, that always happens to me too. I should be working on something now, but hey when Sparky calls.
                      lol .. same here
                      i should be doing some work because i'm at work but .. all i can do is read what i missed out in this sparky thread

oh yeah.. good morning by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
                        lol .. same here
                        i should be doing some work because i'm at work but .. all i can do is read what i missed out in this sparky thread

oh yeah.. good morning by the way!
                        Morning to you too! Ive got to go out to school in 20 minutes...arg.
                        The Geek shall inherit the earth

Proud Sparky Supporter
                        Keeping the Heart and Soul of Atlantis Alive
                        "They can take our Elizabeth, but they can ne'er take our SPARKY!"

Comment

*sings*
                          Sparky is Cool
                          Sparky is Fun
                          Sparky shines liek the rays of teh sun

heheh Finding Nemo is having an affect on me
                          Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                          Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

looool

you know what a_b34 .. you're always online when i am that gets scary..

oh and you forgot: Sparky is LOVE

Comment

LOL. do u ever sleep torri?

Oh Oh Oh i'll do it again

Sparky is cool
                              Sparky is love
                              sparky shines like the rays of the sun

.. bah i wanna write the seconda part of my fic but i have no plot bunnie and my muse has left me for the night.. help anyone?
                              Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                              Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

well, i do sleep but right now its nearly 10 am so .. i'm at work

tell me what your fic is about and i give you an idea.. if you want me too *drity grin*

Comment

Working...
                                X