Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Like your sig says, while I breathe, I hope.

Let me say something. I'm glad this happened, I'm glad Torri turned them down. Why? Because we are le ft with one big door opened. Because TPTB don't get the chance to butcher the character of Weir even more. Because we are free of canon right now and we can take this awesome pairing wherever we want to. We can chose to completely ignore that pesky thing called canon and have a sparky canon of our own. Heck you guys, and I - for a year right now - are doing just that; we've been doing that and there is no reason we should stop.

When Elizabeth was written out I was pissed. I was pissed because one great potential was thrown away. But after I heard so much about this brand new and improved SGA - I think that Elizabeth and Sparky are lot safer in their fan's hands. The people who truly love and enjoy this love story will take care of it, and take care of the characters better than show writers.

We one the other hand aren't the losers here. We have 3 seasons of goodies and our imaginations and that's all that takes for this story to live on. Chin up sparky fans! I love you all.
    Well said and greening you!

I've been picking at a fic idea for the last few months, and I think, now that I'm starting to calm down from the insanity, I'm going to go ahead and do it.

Elizabeth is still out there. It's time to take back her and Sparky for ourselves and truly make them our own.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Ha, damn it woman, all of us here ARE hopeless romantics.

Let's bring her home, people, because we are damn well writers and artists here! Let's celebrate sparky! We need a new game - bring Elizabeth back home (and back into John's arms)!!!
      "You're a hopeless romantic, you know that?"
      "Well, you're just as hopeless. Otherwise you wouldn't have agreed."
      Don't forget, they are both hopeless romantics too.

*feels inspired to make a new video but doesn't really have time because is way way behind on her work*

Sparky on youtube

Comment

I'm just stopping back by to say how proud I am that you guys are keeping the faith. Anuna is absolutely right. I am also glad that she turned them down because I have been afraid for some time now that they were going down the wrong path with her. If she was going to return as evil, I'm glad I didn't have to watch it. If John was going to be shipped with someone else and she would have been there to act happy for them, I'm glad I won't have to watch it.

Here's what we have and will never lose no matter what they do. John was absolutely devastated to lose her. If you don't believe that, just watch Adrift, Lifeline and TMC again. He genuinely grieved for her. In Adrift
        Spoiler:
        Keller treated him like her next of kin, comforted him and expressed her sympathies for his lost. Sam also seemed genuinely sorry for his loss in I think it was Reunion.
        The writers chose to have him move on and really with all that has happened he hasn't had much time to grieve. But thanks to JF, we have seen the grief on his face all season. A lot of us will choose to stop watching at this point and just go back over the good times. That's fine if that works for you. Me, I am going to treat it like a completely new show and continue watching. I think I have gotten past my initial anger and will be able to accept whatever they do with John in the future.

Elizabeth will always be in his heart. I hope Torri goes on to great things, but no matter what happens they will never do another ship that reaches the level of our Sparky.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Like your sig says, while I breathe, I hope.

Let me say something. I'm glad this happened, I'm glad Torri turned them down. Why? Because we are le ft with one big door opened. Because TPTB don't get the chance to butcher the character of Weir even more. Because we are free of canon right now and we can take this awesome pairing wherever we want to. We can chose to completely ignore that pesky thing called canon and have a sparky canon of our own. Heck you guys, and I - for a year right now - are doing just that; we've been doing that and there is no reason we should stop.

When Elizabeth was written out I was pissed. I was pissed because one great potential was thrown away. But after I heard so much about this brand new and improved SGA - I think that Elizabeth and Sparky are lot safer in their fan's hands. The people who truly love and enjoy this love story will take care of it, and take care of the characters better than show writers.

We one the other hand aren't the losers here. We have 3 seasons of goodies and our imaginations and that's all that takes for this story to live on. Chin up sparky fans! I love you all.
          You are SO getting greens for this! Here here!!!
          The Geek shall inherit the earth

Proud Sparky Supporter
          Keeping the Heart and Soul of Atlantis Alive
          "They can take our Elizabeth, but they can ne'er take our SPARKY!"

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Well said and greening you!

I've been picking at a fic idea for the last few months, and I think, now that I'm starting to calm down from the insanity, I'm going to go ahead and do it.

Elizabeth is still out there. It's time to take back her and Sparky for ourselves and truly make them our own.
            Aw thank you for the green!!! You are absolutely right, it's time to take them and make them truly our own.

Originally posted by mcat View Post
            "You're a hopeless romantic, you know that?"
            "Well, you're just as hopeless. Otherwise you wouldn't have agreed."
            Don't forget, they are both hopeless romantics too.

*feels inspired to make a new video but doesn't really have time because is way way behind on her work*
            Don't neglect your work, but when you're done with it, by all means do that vid! We love them because they are a great, great, amazing romance, they are so amazing together. All of us find something in that relationship that we want or need in our own lives. They reached so many hearts and that's something that makes them amazing.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            I'm just stopping back by to say how proud I am that you guys are keeping the faith. Anuna is absolutely right. I am also glad that she turned them down because I have been afraid for some time now that they were going down the wrong path with her. If she was going to return as evil, I'm glad I didn't have to watch it. If John was going to be shipped with someone else and she would have been there to act happy for them, I'm glad I won't have to watch it.

Here's what we have and will never lose no matter what they do. John was absolutely devastated to lose her. If you don't believe that, just watch Adrift, Lifeline and TMC again. He genuinely grieved for her. In Adrift
            Spoiler:
            Keller treated him like her next of kin, comforted him and expressed her sympathies for his lost. Sam also seemed genuinely sorry for his loss in I think it was Reunion.
            The writers chose to have him move on and really with all that has happened he hasn't had much time to grieve. But thanks to JF, we have seen the grief on his face all season. A lot of us will choose to stop watching at this point and just go back over the good times. That's fine if that works for you. Me, I am going to treat it like a completely new show and continue watching. I think I have gotten past my initial anger and will be able to accept whatever they do with John in the future.

Elizabeth will always be in his heart. I hope Torri goes on to great things, but no matter what happens they will never do another ship that reaches the level of our Sparky.
            I'm glad to see you here. You know, you and me are different but I agree on something. This new season feels like a new show altogether. That is why I decided not to watch the new and improved SGA - without Elizabeth, without Sparky it's not the show I love, and it's not worthy of my time. Everything JF did and the way he acted did Elizabeth lot of justice; that for I am glad and grateful, but I won't accept anything they decide to do with John in the future. No ship will ever look and feel as true as sparky. The John we know and love would go out and eventually find her and bring her home - because that's the person that gave him much needed second chance. because she taught him how to be a true leader and a better man. That's something I'll keep in my own writing at least, that's a motive and ideal that inspires me and gives me hope for a better world - and that's what fiction ultimately is about. I had a fair share of harsh reality in my life - and I'm pretty young. I couldn't chose what life laid out for me. But with fiction I can chose and damn right I will. If I don't like a book I close it and find another one. Or I tell myself a story to my own liking.

Here's something I posted to my journal, after reading "goodbyes" to Elizabeth from few other people:

Spoiler:
            I wont hold a wake...

... and I won't be saying goodbye to Elizabeth. When she was written out I said goodbye to SGA. I had my time to grieve and I did grieve, and although it was about a fictional character - at the same time it wasn't just about a fictional character. It was about everything she stands for. A brave, smart, amazing woman. A role model for women all over the world. A hope for a better world and the victory of words over swords. A new chance for everybody. I was sad to see that strengths and qualities like that were deemed unimportant and unworthy of exploring.

I had my rants and my sorrow. I am done with them.

I won't hold a wake for Elizabeth, because by saying goodbye to SGA I kept her.

I won't hold a wake for something that's still with me.

I won't hold a wake for something that made my internal, imagined world so rich, so beautiful.

I won't hold a wake for ideals, because ideals are something we need in this harsh world that's loosing direction.

Instead I will celebrate, because of everything she inspired and still inspires, along with all amazing women of science fiction I learned to love.

Fulfill your destiny,
            Is there within the child,
            My storm will never end,
            My fate is on the wind,
            The king of hearts, the joker's wild,
            We don't say goodbye,
            We don't say goodbye,
            I'll make them all remember me

~ Celine Dion and Bee Gees; 'Immortality'

Originally posted by muffinnuffin View Post
            You are SO getting greens for this! Here here!!!
            Thank you for the green! Let's keep the sparky for ourselves!
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Aw thank you for the green!!! You are absolutely right, it's time to take them and make them truly our own.

Don't neglect your work, but when you're done with it, by all means do that vid! We love them because they are a great, great, amazing romance, they are so amazing together. All of us find something in that relationship that we want or need in our own lives. They reached so many hearts and that's something that makes them amazing.

I'm glad to see you here. You know, you and me are different but I agree on something. This new season feels like a new show altogether. That is why I decided not to watch the new and improved SGA - without Elizabeth, without Sparky it's not the show I love, and it's not worthy of my time. Everything JF did and the way he acted did Elizabeth lot of justice; that for I am glad and grateful, but I won't accept anything they decide to do with John in the future. No ship will ever look and feel as true as sparky. The John we know and love would go out and eventually find her and bring her home - because that's the person that gave him much needed second chance. because she taught him how to be a true leader and a better man. That's something I'll keep in my own writing at least, that's a motive and ideal that inspires me and gives me hope for a better world - and that's what fiction ultimately is about. I had a fair share of harsh reality in my life - and I'm pretty young. I couldn't chose what life laid out for me. But with fiction I can chose and damn right I will. If I don't like a book I close it and find another one. Or I tell myself a story to my own liking.

Here's something I posted to my journal, after reading "goodbyes" to Elizabeth from few other people:

Spoiler:
              I wont hold a wake...

... and I won't be saying goodbye to Elizabeth. When she was written out I said goodbye to SGA. I had my time to grieve and I did grieve, and although it was about a fictional character - at the same time it wasn't just about a fictional character. It was about everything she stands for. A brave, smart, amazing woman. A role model for women all over the world. A hope for a better world and the victory of words over swords. A new chance for everybody. I was sad to see that strengths and qualities like that were deemed unimportant and unworthy of exploring.

I had my rants and my sorrow. I am done with them.

I won't hold a wake for Elizabeth, because by saying goodbye to SGA I kept her.

I won't hold a wake for something that's still with me.

I won't hold a wake for something that made my internal, imagined world so rich, so beautiful.

I won't hold a wake for ideals, because ideals are something we need in this harsh world that's loosing direction.

Instead I will celebrate, because of everything she inspired and still inspires, along with all amazing women of science fiction I learned to love.

Fulfill your destiny,
              Is there within the child,
              My storm will never end,
              My fate is on the wind,
              The king of hearts, the joker's wild,
              We don't say goodbye,
              We don't say goodbye,
              I'll make them all remember me

~ Celine Dion and Bee Gees; 'Immortality'

Thank you for the green! Let's keep the sparky for ourselves!
              I can't green you, but ITA. That was beautiful. We each have to deal with this in our own way. Sparky was there for me over the last few years as I dealt with the horror of losing both my parents by degrees. Every day I was able to come here and feel better for a bit while ignoring the screaming inside my own head. That's over now and I don't need the distraction, but who knows when something new will come up. The people who belittle fandom and say "it's just a show" while telling us to shake it off must have really easy lives. I'm sorry for them because they will never know what it's like to belong to something that you believe so strongly in.

I have been looking at various forums and the support for Torri is universal. Those who hated her and her character will get no support if they gloat. Well maybe on a certain blog. We had a really special connection here and I'm willing to bet there will be Sparky fics written when SGA is a distant memory to the casual fans.

Oh and I'm here to announce that I am not "that doofus from Virginia" that JM talked about. I commented once or twice on his blog until I realized my ilk was not welcome. Now I would not lower myself to speak to him. *disdain oozes from every pore*
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Very true, SR. Thank you for the mental green. Few days ago I had a rant about everything SGA related and one person said it won't go down in sci fi history and some day, maybe five years ahead, people won't even remeber it.

Well I know what all of us here will remeber. Sparky. We might forget some details, like Irresistible or things like that, but Sparky will stay in our memories.

Now why is this starting to sound lkike a wrap up party? *shakes the thread* I want to have fun! Here I rec new sparky fic: A marshmallow world by Vixen!!!

Comment

New and cute sparky fic! Among the stars by 1 of 1. M rated. Very cute!

Comment

Ha, damn it woman, all of us here ARE hopeless romantics.

This is for Elizabeth.

On my way home - Enya

I have been given
                    one moment from heaven
                    as I am walking
                    surrounded by night,
                    Stars high above me
                    make a wish under moonlight.

On my way home
                    I remember
                    only good days.
                    On my way home
                    I remember
                    only best days.
                    On my way home
                    I can remember every new day.

I move in silence
                    with each step taken,
                    snow falling round me
                    like angels in flight,
                    Far in the distance
                    is my wish under moonlight.

On my way home
                    I remember
                    only good days
                    On my way home
                    I remember all
                    the best days
                    And on my way
                    home I can remember
                    every new day.

On my way Home
                    I remember all the good days

Let's bring her home, people, because we are damn well writers and artists here! Let's celebrate sparky! We need a new game - bring Elizabeth back home (and back into John's arms)!!!
                    *sobs* I heard
                    Spoiler:
                    that Torri left Atalantis for good.
                    So this is the end then I guess.
                    Spoiler:
                    We will never get Sparky.
                    i can't belive this, I'm actually crying....this is just so sad.

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                    I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                    Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Thanks for the uplifting post, Anuna!

I was the one who ventured on JM's blog (the Erika who commented) and while i'm disappointed we're not getting Weir back, I am glad we know the truth, and that it happened on Torri's terms.

I feel like there are a ton of things settled, and now I can play and have fun with the SGA I grew to love this year, and Sparky and such, and not have to worry or fret over the future. So cheers to Sparky; I won't have much to say in general discussion, but I"ll play in here a bit!
                      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Don't be sad, fellow Sparkies, it's not the end of Sparky...ever!

A lil' something I've been working on for the better part of today

Comment

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
                          *sobs* I heard
                          Spoiler:
                          that Torri left Atalantis for good.
                          So this is the end then I guess.
                          Spoiler:
                          We will never get Sparky.
                          i can't belive this, I'm actually crying....this is just so sad.
                          Okay it's time for me to be nasty.

WTF? Nobody died! People, it was kind of "over" when they told us Elizabeth will be recurring. But was it over? Did we stop having fun' No. Who are they to tell us it's the end?!

We won't get sparky on screen? So what? People, for the last year TPTB weren't very nice to "us". Yet we were still here, still discussing, still having fun... and that's what this thread is about. It's not about 'we are here because that's what we will get on the show'. We can't control the show unfortunately. But we CAN create stuff on our own.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                            Thanks for the uplifting post, Anuna!

I was the one who ventured on JM's blog (the Erika who commented) and while i'm disappointed we're not getting Weir back, I am glad we know the truth, and that it happened on Torri's terms.

I feel like there are a ton of things settled, and now I can play and have fun with the SGA I grew to love this year, and Sparky and such, and not have to worry or fret over the future. So cheers to Sparky; I won't have much to say in general discussion, but I"ll play in here a bit!
                            Well call me the motivator. I'm here to kick the thread in the butt when people start thinking "Oh we're dooomed!" We're not! Who are PTB to tell us what to do and how to have fun' Hey all those slash threads shouldn't exist, but they do and people who like them go there and have fun. The point - having fun!

Yes, cheers to Sparky and do stay and play with us.

Originally posted by dana View Post

Oh this really kills me in a good way. Love it!!! So tender and right!

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post

aww its wonderful Dana, really beautiful work!!

Comment

Well call me the motivator. I'm here to kick the thread in the butt when people start thinking "Oh we're dooomed!" We're not! Who are PTB to tell us what to do and how to have fun' Hey all those slash threads shouldn't exist, but they do and people who like them go there and have fun. The point - having fun!

Yes, cheers to Sparky and do stay and play with us.

Oh this really kills me in a good way. Love it!!! So tender and right!
                                Mental Green for uplifting our souls - Sparky shall never cease! In our minds it never will anyway

*offers cookies*
                                The Geek shall inherit the earth

Proud Sparky Supporter
                                Keeping the Heart and Soul of Atlantis Alive
                                "They can take our Elizabeth, but they can ne'er take our SPARKY!"

Comment

Working...
                                X