Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcat View Post
    Quiet in here. Everyone waiting for the announcement? Hmm.

Have a diversion.

(Warning: very silly.)
    OMG! Did you do that?! Wonderful wonderful wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing! Green for you!
    sig made by me

Comment

Not that I disagree with you, but how long did Carter stay at Lt. Colonel? For some reason I don't feel like it was very long. My memory could be off though, heaven knows.
      Approximately three years. (It's the minimum time in grade before being considered for promotion from Lt. Colonel to Colonel.) Carter was promoted to Lt. Colonel at the end of "New Order, Part 2" in Season 8, and promoted to Colonel sometime after "Unending" at the end of Season 10 but before "Ark of Truth."

However, the promotion process can be rather politically motivated in terms of an officer's evaluations and previous/current assignments, and given that Sheppard wasn't highly thought of by the brass (except for O'Neill of course) at the time that Weir pushed through his promotion to Lt. Colonel, I can see some higher-ups wanting to hold him back just a bit longer out of spite for the pre-Stargate black marks on his record and Weir going over their heads. Which would be stupid, considering how many times Sheppard's saved the galaxy, but there you go...

Ah, well. Not sure how I feel about this new character. I guess I'd be excited about a new female onboard if it weren't for their past record with other female characters.
      No kidding. And why couldn't we just have Cadman show up again instead of introducing yet another new character?
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Approximately three years. (It's the minimum time in grade before being considered for promotion from Lt. Colonel to Colonel.) Carter was promoted to Lt. Colonel at the end of "New Order, Part 2" in Season 8, and promoted to Colonel sometime after "Unending" at the end of Season 10 but before "Ark of Truth."

However, the promotion process can be rather politically motivated in terms of an officer's evaluations and previous/current assignments, and given that Sheppard wasn't highly thought of by the brass (except for O'Neill of course) at the time that Weir pushed through his promotion to Lt. Colonel, I can see some higher-ups wanting to hold him back just a bit longer out of spite for the pre-Stargate black marks on his record and Weir going over their heads. Which would be stupid, considering how many times Sheppard's saved the galaxy, but there you go...
        This is all very, very true.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        No kidding. And why couldn't we just have Cadman show up again instead of introducing yet another new character?
        I was seriously going to say this exact thing. Cadman was awesome and I would love to see her again.

Sparky on youtube

Comment

Hello,

I have been watching a lot of SHeppard/Weir Vids and reading a lot of Sheppard/Weir Fan fiction and I think they are cute together. I did like John/Teyla (I still do a little) but I think I like Shep/Weir more.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielleG View Post
            Hello,

I have been watching a lot of SHeppard/Weir Vids and reading a lot of Sheppard/Weir Fan fiction and I think they are cute together. I did like John/Teyla (I still do a little) but I think I like Shep/Weir more.
            YES!!!! Sparky has turned you, welcome to the dark side. Hehehe.

Wait so there was no announcement. lol. I just came in to check the sparky thread and forgot that there was supposed to be one. *iz going to sleep now*
            sigpic
            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by sofie View Post
              damn, just read that too...
              I'm also off to bed, looks like I'll be camping out here again tomorrow
              Won't we all.

Ah, well. Not sure how I feel about this new character. I guess I'd be excited about a new female onboard if it weren't for their past record with other female characters.
              I echo your sentiments, SGA female characters seem to suffer from the writers' strange habit of trying to kill them off, cut down screen time, not well written in certain areas, etc. To me what's sad is that SG1 for some time had the same amount of female characters as SGA, at some points in its run, and they were well written. So were the problems that led to getting rid of Lizzie always there with female characters or did it come out of the new show or what?

All they really need to do to make this fangirl happy is bring back Elizabeth, and therefore Sparky. Is that too hard to ask?
              Thanks to Spacemonkey Jackson for the signature!

Comment

Just added chapter 46 of Freeze - around 4 chapters left

And a little bit of fluff for you all - tagged under spoilers just to be on the safe side .
                Spoiler:
                No one was sure how it started; but everyone in the mess hall remembered how it ended.

A food fight had taken place, everyone had some kind of edible substance on them and half the people in the hall had tossed their dinner at a random person.

John being the messiest, as people took the opportunity to pin one on their CO. Determined to get his own back he took hold of the ketchup bottle and squeezed hard on it to get as much juice out as possible.

A mistake he wouldn’t forget. He had aimed at the nearest person, which happened to be Rodney who was standing in the doorway; un-predicated he had moved out the way and standing right behind him, was Dr. Elizabeth Weir. Her face was soon covered in red sauce and it wasn’t long before the fight had ended. Everyone looking as innocent as the first when they saw their boss had arrived.

John quickly hid the bottle behind his back and grabbed the nearest towel so Elizabeth could wipe her face.

She took the towel and did indeed wipe her face, and Sheppard stepped back when he could see the look of revenge written all over it.

She held out her hand an indication, which meant she wanted the other item John, was holding. Hesitantly he handed it to her and made a rudimentary comment. “At least the colour matches your t-shirt.”

Taking hold of the rim of his pants she opened them enough to fit the tip of the bottle in, Elizabeth then poured the remainder of the sauce down them.

Everyone was clapping and whistling in the room as she emptied the contents, with a grin covering her face.

Sheppard cringed at the coldness, not only from the surprise-ness of her actions but the sauce too.

She handed him the empty bottle. “Watch your aim next time and consider yourself grounded from off-world missions for two weeks.”
                BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Hello!!! I have to work today and I really want to find out about the announcement, I hope 1:30pm in California comes fast today!

I loved the Foodfight fic wormhole, that was cute!

Comment

Originally posted by DanielleG View Post
                    Hello!!! I have to work today and I really want to find out about the announcement, I hope 1:30pm in California comes fast today!

I loved the Foodfight fic wormhole, that was cute!
                    what announcement?

sorry, i barelly have time anymore to come online because at work i moved into another office and up here its a bit extreme busy
                    its like jail

so .. what annoucement?? something important?? something me, a pure sparky fan, shall know??

Comment

Originally posted by Torri View Post
                      what announcement?

sorry, i barelly have time anymore to come online because at work i moved into another office and up here its a bit extreme busy
                      its like jail

so .. what annoucement?? something important?? something me, a pure sparky fan, shall know??
                      The cast announcement for s5!
                      Just read what's posted on GW, and I'm honestly not liking it very much. There wasn't even a mention of Torri. And I always found Woolsey to be a very annoying little man...

Comment

Just read what's posted on GW, and I'm honestly not liking it very much. There wasn't even a mention of Torri. And I always found Woolsey to be a very annoying little man...
                        Eh, yeah... I'm disappointed. But not surprised.

And, I mean... Woolsey? Really?

Sparky on youtube

Comment

My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Caldwell would've made more sense.. Just glad it isn't another woman.. I fhtey wanted a woman to lead Atlantis they should've stayed with Elizabeth or Sam. So that was a bit of a relief

Comment

I am in shock.

Spoiler:
                              As much as Robert Picardo creates squeaks of reminisant joy in my head (AVID Voyager fan in my youth), I dont know how much Im going to like Woolsey being Expedition Leader. I can see it going all Health and Safety zarking bonkers when he arrives with no-one being allowed to do anything brave or stupid (So John's going to have fun...)

OHMYGOD

This means hes a regular, right?.

And damn it, no mention of Weir WHATSOEVER. This has resulted in sadface
                              The Geek shall inherit the earth

Proud Sparky Supporter
                              Keeping the Heart and Soul of Atlantis Alive
                              "They can take our Elizabeth, but they can ne'er take our SPARKY!"

Comment

Same here. But come on Woosley?? Now he seemed like he was too rules and regs. for Atlantis, and his character was just too annoying. Though I agree Caldwell would have made more sense.
                                Thanks to Spacemonkey Jackson for the signature!

Comment

Working...
                                X