No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, Easter Lily, you explained that very beautifully. (And now I ought to pick up The Scarlet Pimpernel and read it...) I actually wrote something along those lines in a fic a few months ago, but never managed to get it into non-fic form. You've done it wonderfully.
    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
    Last update: 14 April 2006
    Melyanna's Multimedia
    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

I think he didn't really respect her during the first half of last season, as if he was humoring her sometimes. She was struggling with leadership coping with a military situation with an officer who doesn't always follow the chain of command when she thought she would be leading a scientific expedition and handling more administrative type work. I get the impression Sheppard has spent his entire adult life in the military and probably doesn't entirely understand the civilian work world where a collaborative process is more highly valued.
      In that scene in his bedroom in Home, he sounded insincere and slightly patronizing. When she says "Regardless, I'm staying." and he replies insincerely, "Good. It wouldn't be the same without you." and Elizabeth gives a hmpff and a fake half-smile.
      In Hot Zone, again he thinks he knows better than her and unilaterally makes a decision. I think Elizabeth didn't come down harder on him at the end of the episode because she knew she needs his services for Atlantis to survive. She has tried to give him enough room for him to flourish, but get him to see the value of teamwork and collaborating with her in running Atlantis. He sees her growth as a leader. Sheppard also grows into his role and towards the end of the season, they are working closely together and I suspect he appreciates what she has done for him.
      In Letters from Pegasus, it's revealed he has no close family or friends that he would care to send a message to. I get the impression he is accustomed to not having emotionally intimate relationships. A very private person who longs for connection, but also very uncomfortable with it.
      I can't sleep. I'm rambling. This is such an enjoyable thread.

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
        Feli, because she is indeed a coup
        LOL, I've never been called that before!

Comment

Melyanna, thanks for the excellent review! Looks like I'm going to have to watch a few epiosdes again... ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by xkawaiix
            1) The 'I Will Not Ship For Atlantis' resistance,
            Check.
            2) The 'How-Come and Why The Sheyla Ship Did Not Work',
            Check.
            3) The 'OMG, I AM Gonna Ship For Atlantis',
            Check.
            4) The 'I Am Definately Gonna See That Hug Next Season',
            Check.
            5) And the lovely 'The Siege Did Me In Because Of The Look Passed Between John And Liz'
            Check.

Add the "Disgruntles Sam/Jack-Shipper" theme, and it's me.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
            it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
            It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
            And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

From Joe Mallozzi's blog of July 10:

". . .Siege III kicks things off on the Atlantis side with one of the biggest episodes we've done. There's this one incredible scene where...ah, I can't say too much without giving it away."

There were actually many incredible scenes, but I wonder what THAT was all about?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure

". . .Siege III kicks things off on the Atlantis side with one of the biggest episodes we've done. There's this one incredible scene where...ah, I can't say too much without giving it away."

There were actually many incredible scenes, but I wonder what THAT was all about?
                Actually, knowing Joe I'm assuming it had a lot more to do with explosions and stuff than with the hug.

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
                  Melyanna, thanks for the excellent review! Looks like I'm going to have to watch a few epiosdes again... ;-)
                  You're welcome! I wrote most of that a while ago, while trying to avoid schoolwork, I think, but it was fun to dig that up and see what my very early reaction to the season was.

FP, that quote could mean anything. I'm more inclined to think that it has to do with the visual effects, which were, after all, stunning.
                  Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                  Last update: 14 April 2006
                  Melyanna's Multimedia
                  Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure

Like everyone said, it's probably about the special Effects. But it again proves how the TPTB just loves messing with our minds.

Which I think is just plain evil!
                    ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                      Like everyone said, it's probably about the special Effects. But it again proves how the TPTB just loves messing with our minds.

Which I think is just plain evil!
                      Oh boy do they ever! Lol
                      "ALWAYS"

"You know love. It's a strange and mysterious... thing..." - Jack "Sacrifices"

SAM/JACK for sg1
                      and though i promised myself i wouldn't ship for atlantis.... PROUD SHWEIR SHIPPER

Comment

It's oh so cruel!

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerbud
                          snip- In that scene in his bedroom in Home, he sounded insincere and slightly patronizing. When she says "Regardless, I'm staying." and he replies insincerely, "Good. It wouldn't be the same without you." snip

This part I have to say bugged me about that scene. That line of his I just didn't like the tone.

Comment

I think he was just trying to come off as charming in that scene... God knows it worked on me, lol.

As for the music in Seige III someone asked about... it's not Beethoven's 5th. No doubt it's Joel Goldsmith's original scoring, and it matches quite nicely with some of the themes from Siege II.

Comment

Well, hello everybody !

There's something I wanted to show you.

I've found as many pictures of Sheppard and Weir I could find and I have made some wallpapers of their interaction in each episode. (there may be one or two episodes where they don't have any interaction together)

I hope you'll like them though I'm not very talented nor do I have a program on my computer that can help me but I think they are ok.

If they're not and you want to stop the massacre, just tell me !!

I'm beginning with Rising.

Snoopoony.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Save Dr Elizabeth Weir: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=39466 (spoiler for Atlantis season four)

~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Woah, that's pretty cool. Love how you have a pix of Shep and Weir in the 'Gate. Awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X