Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    It has never really driven us crazy that they were supposedly trying to make us guess who Shep would end up with. Most of us never saw the least bit of romantic chemistry between Shep and Teyla. We know the writers try to make us believe it, but even if they get married and live in a tent on New Athos, we still won't see it. *apologizes for speaking for everyone*
    I agree with this. They just don't click together. Ship is in the eye of the beholder I guess, but I honestly do not see a romantic chemistry between them. Some actors have it and some don't. For example: I thought Nicole Kidman and Jude Law had fantastic onscreen chemistry in Cold Mountain, and then there were Ioan Gruffudd and Jessica Alba in Fantastic Four 2 that absolutely made me cringe, there was no chemistry there at all.

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
    Love these Lyrics by Nickelback

Spoiler:

"Far Away"

This time, This place
    Misused, Mistakes
    Too long, Too late
    Who was I to make you wait
    Just one chance
    Just one breath
    Just in case there's just one left
    'Cause you know,
    you know, you know

[CHORUS]
    That I love you
    I have loved you all along
    And I miss you
    Been far away for far too long
    I keep dreaming you'll be with me
    and you'll never go
    Stop breathing if
    I don't see you anymore

On my knees, I'll ask
    Last chance for one last dance
    'Cause with you, I'd withstand
    All of hell to hold your hand
    I'd give it all
    I'd give for us
    Give anything but I won't give up
    'Cause you know,
    you know, you know

[CHORUS]

So far away
    So far away
    But you know, you know, you know

I wanted
    I wanted you to stay
    'Cause I needed
    I need to hear you say
    That I love you
    I have loved you all along
    And I forgive you
    For being away for far too long
    So keep breathing
    'Cause I'm not leaving you anymore
    Believe it
    Hold on to me and, never let me go
    Keep breathing
    'Cause I'm not leaving you anymore
    Believe it
    Keep breathing
    Keep breathing

From John to Elizabeth!
    Oh boy, that song must have been used for every possible ship video out there.

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
      Ok, I realized last night I didn't post the correct link ... but this particular video made my cry. I don't cry much.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FJNZoBxi4Ig&feature=related

Watch it if you have a 3 minutes, it's totally worth it. So much sparky! Spoilers for S4.
      aww, that was indeed very beautiful. Can't help it, but the song always makes me cry

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen View Post
        I agree with this. They just don't click together. Ship is in the eye of the beholder I guess, but I honestly do not see a romantic chemistry between them. Some actors have it and some don't. For example: I thought Nicole Kidman and Jude Law had fantastic onscreen chemistry in Cold Mountain, and then there were Ioan Gruffudd and Jessica Alba in Fantastic Four 2 that absolutely made me cringe, there was no chemistry there at all.
        i agree with both of you
        i wouldnt believe sheyla if they would put it on screen. well, i simply wouldnt accept it
        Vixen you're so right with the chemestry thing. i admitt, shep and teyla look cute together from the optical thing, but liz suits ways better to him. dont know why. maybe because she's a bit older.. more.. a real female i dont wanna say teyla is chidish, but i think she's too yough for him
        TH and JF act brilliant with each other on telly and thats what is making me so strongly believe that they do have a chance to learn each other to love
        and no matter what happens in the series .. how did john say? 'i will find her' i'm sure he will .. and he will try his best to bring her back

Comment

I don't know if you guys have heard it Bu theres a song Called "It means Nothing" and its by the stereophonics. I'm currently in the process of deciding to vid the song with sparky or MSR, but hey i spose i could do 2

anyways Pocus inspired me to psot lyrics when she posted her's for "Far Away" so here are the lyrics for 'It Means Nothing'. From Both POV's

Spoiler:
          'It Means Nothing

Did we lose ourselves again?
          Did we take in what's been said?
          Did we take the time to be,
          All the things we said we'd be?

So we bury hopes in sand
          And my future's in my hands

It means nothing
          It means nothing

You can find yourself apart
          But you leave in which one you want
          Coz they love you all the same
          They just go by different names
          Did ya fly your flag today?
          Are you proud or just ashamed?

It means nothing
          It means nothing
          It means nothing
          It means nothing
          It means nothing
          If I haven't got you

If I haven't got you
          If I haven't got you
          If I haven't got you

The sun sets in the sky
          You're the apple of my eye

If the bomb goes off again
          Blows my brain around the train
          And I hope that I'm with you
          Coz I wouldn't know what to do

It means nothing
          It means nothing
          It means nothing
          It means nothing
          It means nothing
          If I haven't got you
          If I haven't got you
          If I haven't got you
          If I haven't got you
          Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
          Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            Guys if you missed this fic, go read it ASAP!!!! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3905879/...Ears_and_Fangs It's hilarious!
            Adorable, and I don't even particularly like cats. But I imagine I could learn.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

John:.. and so, I named the waterfall after you.

Elizabeth *thinking*: I married a sweetheart.

Comment

Spoiler:

Afternoon all. Be with you once get I SEW site updated.

Just need to sort a slight problem with the alignment. Then I’m underway.
                BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Welcome to Sparky SatedanMDJ. We do have a lot of fun. Sparky is noticeable even when we're not paying attention, isn't it? Just goes to show you can't hide obvious.

Stay awhile, and play with us.
                  Thanks! I'm not sure just how much posting time I'll have due to RL being made of crazy, but I'm going to try.

Originally posted by Pocus View Post

and have some mints
                  Just be sure they aren't dusty!
                  LOL Thanks!

I second that. And bring your friends.

Want some cake?

Chocolate! You all sure do know how to welcome a girl.

So I was looking through screen caps this morning, and I noticed something. Just standing next to each other J & E mirror each other. I mean it's very obvious, not subtle. I know this observation is not new per se, but I was amazed at how often this happened.
                  I've noticed that as well, it makes for excellent Sparky fanart.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                  Hello SatedanMDJ! Welcome and stay with us! Yep this is the best thread around and I'm being completely objective of course.
                  Thank you!

Completely objective.

Have you seen the clip where he says "Elizabeth?" when he first sees her on screen? JF kills me w/ his subtle acting, he screams sparky w/ his acting.
                  I saw that one, Joe is amazing! *wibbles* Is it Friday yet?

I think you all must have been reading my mind last night with the Sparky vids. I was planning on asking today for vid recs since I'm sick of watching the same 3 over and over...and a bunch were already posted when I got here. *boggles* Sparky mind-meld!
                  Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.
                  LJ:mrsdrjackson

Comment

Check out this new MGM poll. I'm still trying to wrap my head around what they hope to achieve with this. Justification maybe. *grumps*

http://stargate.mgm.com/index.php
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hey sparks, I'm at work. I can see you're busy and chatty - keep it up 'till I'm home. Love you all! ((Sparky hugs for everyone))
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Check out this new MGM poll. I'm still trying to wrap my head around what they hope to achieve with this. Justification maybe. *grumps*

Now why McShep isn't there? It certainly has more chemistry than certain other Shep!ship.

That's justification allright. can we send them a letter and ask why the real love isn't there? In the meantime we can all vote McKay and Carter. I'm refusing to feel bad today!
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

what is that for a bloody poll?? they dont even give the thousands of sparky shippers the chance to vote for them. how unfair is that??

therefore i vote for ronon&keller *looking pissed*

EDIT:
                          Spoiler:

haha, you can vote more than once.. i'm spamming them now with carter/mckay and ronon/keller *evil grin*

Comment

What I think of it. .

Check out the old TMC trailer. If you ask me, looks like original Weir towards end
                            BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
                              What I think of it. .

Check out the old TMC trailer. If you ask me, looks like original Weir towards end
                              I think it is the real Elizabeth too.

As for the poll - well just because you put it on a poll doesn't make it real. If it doesn't come across on screen - no amount of force feeding will ever make it true. Isn't it funny how they have to do that, to get support for the other ship? What? You want sparky? That's not right -- *squish you*. ^-^

Sparky are confidants, friends & sounding board to each other, if you ask me, that's what a couple should be. Having great sexual chemistry on screen doesn't hurt it either.
                              sig made by me

Comment

Sparky are confidants, friends & sounding board to each other, if you ask me, that's what a couple should be. Having great sexual chemistry on screen doesn't hurt it either.
                                lol. i'm sure john and liz have sexual chemistry .. i can imainge that pretty well ... *reading a fanfic*

Comment

Working...
                                X