No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh tell me about people noticing Sparky. My fiancee is one of them. He thinks Elizabeth is beautiful, fanboys Shep and keeps asking when will they end up in a closet. (I gave him my fic to read. He re read one particular chapter several times).

She's the sun set shadows
    She's like Rembrandt's light
    She's the history that's made at night
    She's my lost companion
    She's my dreaming tree
    Together in this brief eternity
    Summer days, winter snows
    She's all things to behold

She's my kind of rain
    Like love from a drunken sky
    Confetti falling down all night
    She's my kind of rain
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      OMG, go read this one - but beware, HUUUGE hankie warning! But so worth it" Amazing and beautiful!!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3907470/1/
      Are you trying to kill me? I can't even see my monitor now. *sniff*

Originally posted by RoryJ View Post
      I just watched Tao, which is probably among my favorite episodes ever, and this scene just freaking cracks me up. John delivers the cutest line ("I'd turn into a bug.") and not only is Rodney's expression priceless, but Elizabeth's is too funny. She's not even phased by John's weird little comments anymore, lol. My mom totally noticed it too, and she refuses to ship anyone:

Mom: "Heh. Elizabeth just looks amused at John's antics now."

Me: "You are learning, my young padawan ..."

I love that scene too. I think she gave him the "Aww, sweetie, I know you turned into a bug. I'll kiss it later." look. But that's just me.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I think I'll be writing baby fics!
        Did I hear baby fic ! YAY ! I say there can never be too many baby fics out there; it would be a shame to waste such awesome genetic combo material !

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Are you trying to kill me? I can't even see my monitor now. *sniff*

I love that scene too. I think she gave him the "Aww, sweetie, I know you turned into a bug. I'll kiss it later." look. But that's just me.
          No I'm not trying to kill you I just want you to suffer along with me! Seriously that fic is the first fic that made me cry - now we need a smut rec! Anybody? Or shall I pimp my own fic?

"I'll kiss it later?" LOL!! Are you trying to kill me now??? I have to use that in a fic! May I? Pretty please!!!

Originally posted by claraon View Post
          Did I hear baby fic ! YAY ! I say there can never be too many baby fics out there; it would be a shame to waste such awesome genetic combo material !
          Oh yes a baby fic! I started it long time ago.... I never read any with that particular idea (blame it on my profession).

Anyway here's a teaser:

Spoiler:
          “Okay, spill it. What is wrong with you?”

John looked up from the report he was reading. Four faces stared at him, each and every one expecting an answer. He tried his well versed tactic of clueless look and arched eyebrow, but nobody seemed very impressed. Rodney folded his arms on his chest.

“Oh come on. We can see something is wrong,” he stated and John was about to protest but his brain got sidetracked when he saw Ronon take perfectly mirroring stance.

“And we are worried about you,” added the tall man and John suddenly felt cornered. Teyla and Carson failed to serve like failsafe exit from this mess. She acted as if she didn’t notice his puppy eyes expression and Carson dangerously frowned.

“Aye lad, I agree with them. We are concerned. What is wrong?”

The walls of Elizabeth’s office suddenly seemed too narrow. How was he going to tell them what bothered him? While he impersonated a goldfish, Rodney and Carson took a seat in front of him and his two alien friends blocked the way out of the office. Crap.

“Ahem….,” he eyed them all again. Ronon’s face was impassive, and Teyla arched her eyebrow. Gosh, she spent too much time with Elizabeth lately. Well he couldn’t blame her… women.

“Sheppard,” Ronon’s tone warned him not to test their friends patience. He sighed deeply and decided to give up. This was one big mess and he couldn’t find the way out.

“She keeps crying,” he exclaimed in frustration and his well hidden worry stormed out in those few words. Ronon frowned, Teyla got momentarily upset, Rodney was confused and by the look on his face this was the point where he would prefer to hit the road, and Carson switched to his good Doctor mode.

“Lily is crying all the time?” he asked and John sank with his face between his hands. He was tired. Exhausted. Frustrated. Deprived of sleep and constantly worried.

And his wife was crying without a reason every day. This morning as he walked out of the bathroom she was sitting on the bed, nursing their daughter. Only she wasn’t smiling at the girl like he always imagined Elizabeth would do. She stared into empty space and tears streamed down her face and he was downright terrified. He hugged her and she sobbed into his shoulder. He whispered into her hair and held their baby at the same time feeling overwhelmed.

He could face any number of hungry Wraith any time and not bat an eye, but this was too much for him. They were supposed to be happy.

At the moment both were positively miserable each morning, and he couldn’t find the way to help Elizabeth deal with this strange case of sadness.

And someone told him being a parent was a great experience.

I'm working on the rest

Comment

Okay people here is a question!

What are your favorite Sparky emotional moments - I mean, what are the moments where, in your opinion, the feelings for each other show?

Here is my pick!

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x.../bscap1589.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x.../bscap1590.jpg

The Real World, without a doubt.
            I can't believe no one mentioned my favorite slip of emotion

E= John Sheppard...are you defending my honor?

I do think my favorite part of that scene, besides her cute look to him, was his oops look after she said what she said.

Another cute look from that scene, just because

I'm back and still full from yesterday starting to recover. I wish you had all been here to help us eat all my good cookin'.

As for cake, I think Elizabeth's favorite cake would be a molten chocolate cake (also called a chocolate volcano cake)...sweet with that hot melted center. In fact that could be the official Sparky cake.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...enCake_010.jpg

As for the countdown, that little scale on celcool's posts could work. Can you rework it?
            Yum!!! I used to make those with Dove chocolate centers!!! John would have to feed one to Elizabeth just so she could lick the melted chocolate off his fingers...goes into dream mode!
            sigpic

Comment

Talk gutter to me, Pocus!!! You are giving me ideas!!!!

E: Cake, John?

J: *stunned speechless*

Comment

Talk gutter to me, Pocus!!! You are giving me ideas!!!!

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x.../bscap1520.jpg

E: Cake, John?

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x.../bscap1518.jpg

J: *stunned speechless*
                Every time I think of food and Sparky it is either mints or smut.

I haven't read/reread any of the recent recs, but was the one where Elizabeth was eating strawberries on the balcony in secret included in that list? I don't have the link or even remember the name.
                sigpic

Comment

*looks around* Nice to see this thread in such a wonderful mood.

An Unexpected Proposal

Shamelessly promoting my fluff fic here.

Comment

No I'm not trying to kill you I just want you to suffer along with me! Seriously that fic is the first fic that made me cry - now we need a smut rec! Anybody? Or shall I pimp my own fic?

"I'll kiss it later?" LOL!! Are you trying to kill me now??? I have to use that in a fic! May I? Pretty please!!!

Oh yes a baby fic! I started it long time ago.... I never read any with that particular idea (blame it on my profession).

Anyway here's a teaser:

Spoiler:
                    “Okay, spill it. What is wrong with you?”

John looked up from the report he was reading. Four faces stared at him, each and every one expecting an answer. He tried his well versed tactic of clueless look and arched eyebrow, but nobody seemed very impressed. Rodney folded his arms on his chest.

“Oh come on. We can see something is wrong,” he stated and John was about to protest but his brain got sidetracked when he saw Ronon take perfectly mirroring stance.

“And we are worried about you,” added the tall man and John suddenly felt cornered. Teyla and Carson failed to serve like failsafe exit from this mess. She acted as if she didn’t notice his puppy eyes expression and Carson dangerously frowned.

“Aye lad, I agree with them. We are concerned. What is wrong?”

The walls of Elizabeth’s office suddenly seemed too narrow. How was he going to tell them what bothered him? While he impersonated a goldfish, Rodney and Carson took a seat in front of him and his two alien friends blocked the way out of the office. Crap.

“Ahem….,” he eyed them all again. Ronon’s face was impassive, and Teyla arched her eyebrow. Gosh, she spent too much time with Elizabeth lately. Well he couldn’t blame her… women.

“Sheppard,” Ronon’s tone warned him not to test their friends patience. He sighed deeply and decided to give up. This was one big mess and he couldn’t find the way out.

“She keeps crying,” he exclaimed in frustration and his well hidden worry stormed out in those few words. Ronon frowned, Teyla got momentarily upset, Rodney was confused and by the look on his face this was the point where he would prefer to hit the road, and Carson switched to his good Doctor mode.

“Lily is crying all the time?” he asked and John sank with his face between his hands. He was tired. Exhausted. Frustrated. Deprived of sleep and constantly worried.

And his wife was crying without a reason every day. This morning as he walked out of the bathroom she was sitting on the bed, nursing their daughter. Only she wasn’t smiling at the girl like he always imagined Elizabeth would do. She stared into empty space and tears streamed down her face and he was downright terrified. He hugged her and she sobbed into his shoulder. He whispered into her hair and held their baby at the same time feeling overwhelmed.

He could face any number of hungry Wraith any time and not bat an eye, but this was too much for him. They were supposed to be happy.

At the moment both were positively miserable each morning, and he couldn’t find the way to help Elizabeth deal with this strange case of sadness.

And someone told him being a parent was a great experience.

I'm working on the rest
                    I didn't make that phrase up, it's all yours. Hee.

And postpartum depression fic. *flails* John is so helpless. I can just see this. *flails more*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen View Post
                      *looks around* Nice to see this thread in such a wonderful mood.

An Unexpected Proposal

Shamelessly promoting my fluff fic here.
                      I'm second pimping that fic. Really cute!!

I remeber this fic with strawberries: http://www.sheppardweir.com/fanfics/...ry.php?sid=220

And yep, SDparky + food = smut!!!!

Comment

I didn't make that phrase up, it's all yours. Hee.

And postpartum depression fic. *flails* John is so helpless. I can just see this. *flails more*
                        I aim to please. I'll do my best to finish it up over the weekend.

Comment

I aim to please. I'll do my best to finish it up over the weekend.
                          Maybe this will help.

'Lizbeth, please don't cry anymore. I don't know how to fix it.

And before you ask, it's a manip I did a looonnggg time ago.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm second pimping that fic. Really cute!!

I remeber this fic with strawberries: http://www.sheppardweir.com/fanfics/...ry.php?sid=220

And yep, SDparky + food = smut!!!!
                            That's not it, but it is a good one.
                            sigpic

Comment

@ SR - And I love it! They are sooo in parents mode!

how 'bout this one?

E: John, she looks like you!
                              J: But I bet she will be smart as you!

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                                That's not it, but it is a good one.
                                Yeah, not balcony... well if you manage to find it, post the link! There is never too much sparky (food) smut around!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X