Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Okay, take a look at his face once again. You know how it affects me? It's inspiration - to make vids and write and stuff like that! I think that is how Sparky begins - with inspiration. (I mean there you have desperate man, with desperate look in his eyes ready to do just anything for the woman he loves and he can't face losing her and.... okay you get the point I guess! )

I remeber when I first watched Common Ground. It was upsetting and torture scenes were like a punch in my chest and I wanted to smash something and kick Kolya and hug Elizbaeth and bring her to John (so she could hug him!) .... I needed to make something out of those scenes so some of those ended up in my vids - I think that my tango vid is the most emotional one, ant the torture scene is in it and it feels like a fist in stomach, but in my vid I gave that feeling some room to vent.

Enough ramble, here is my point: whatever S4 presents us, we are not without choice. We can make something else out of it. Those scenes will bring inspiration, and I'm willing to bet there will be some amazing rezults of that inspiration to see.

In case you're wondering, here is the tango vid: http://media.putfile.com/Sparkling-Tango Some time ago we discussed here which dance would be the perfect sparky dance. Here is my vision of their relationship in form of argentin tango.
    Hee hee I love that music!
    sig made by me

Comment

Morning my sparky fans!!
      Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
      Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
        Hee hee I love that music!

That's the best tango composition I know.

by the way - what do you think guys, which dance is THE Sparky dance?
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

That's the best tango composition I know.

by the way - what do you think guys, which dance is THE Sparky dance?
          I vote for waltz... can't you just imagine it? Gliding, close together --- soft light. *sigh*
          sig made by me

Comment

I can imagine it very well - and the dress and the fancy suit. And music too. Which song? I wote for 'Moon River'.

Comment

I can imagine it very well - and the dress and the fancy suit. And music too. Which song? I wote for 'Moon River'.
              Good choice. I got a couple

Try to remember by Des O'Conner

Lost in the darkness by David Wildhorn

had to add this one http://youtube.com/watch?v=fQtpcKAVzmw

This nearly was mine ...
              sig made by me

Comment

Adrift--
                Spoiler:
                Haven't seen it. Wish I hadn't spoiled myself. But since I have no self-control, here's my take on what I've read:

Totally sparky as we've always seen them. What did we always hold to? That they would put the safety of this expedition ahead of their own feelings. Sounds like he's doing that. And besides that, it just makes sense. Sounds like he's forcing himself to consider her dead because the only other option is something that not only he doesn't want, but he know she wouldn't really want either. I'm going to fall back on x-men here to try and explain. As I recall, Jean Gray was begging to be killed by the end because she didn't want to be what she had become. Wolverine did it, though it broke his heart. I think something similar is going on here. Originally I hated this idea but now I am almost hoping that we get something like this in This Mortal Coil. Since I'm assuming she'll go evil or something when manipulated by the Replicators (in lifeline maybe?) I want to see her break out of it, beg for John to end it, have him do it and then be heartbroken for the rest of his life. I mean, if we're going to write it out lets write it out big, right? and if it can't be happy then let's make it romantically tragic. Of course, sci-fi tv shows rarely wrap things up that clear cut, more likely she'll just be "out there." But anyway, sorry if I'm totally misreading it, but from what I have read (sighs again wishing I had the control to be spoiler free) this is what I'm getting out of it. I'm both pleased and horribly upset. *wishes for a tv show that could for once show a happy romance and leave me feeling warm and fuzzy*

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                  Good choice. I got a couple

Try to remember by Des O'Conner

Lost in the darkness by David Wildhorn

had to add this one http://youtube.com/watch?v=fQtpcKAVzmw

This nearly was mine ...
                  There is "Marble Halls" by Enya, "Strangers in the Night" by frank Sinatra and "Thanx for the Dance" by Anjani Thomas.

Or this one: "She" by Elvis Costello http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ry1pFqMEa8
                  Last edited by Anuna; 12 September 2007, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizabeth View Post
                    Adrift--
                    Spoiler:
                    Haven't seen it. Wish I hadn't spoiled myself. But since I have no self-control, here's my take on what I've read:

Totally sparky as we've always seen them. What did we always hold to? That they would put the safety of this expedition ahead of their own feelings. Sounds like he's doing that. And besides that, it just makes sense. Sounds like he's forcing himself to consider her dead because the only other option is something that not only he doesn't want, but he know she wouldn't really want either. I'm going to fall back on x-men here to try and explain. As I recall, Jean Gray was begging to be killed by the end because she didn't want to be what she had become. Wolverine did it, though it broke his heart. I think something similar is going on here. Originally I hated this idea but now I am almost hoping that we get something like this in This Mortal Coil. Since I'm assuming she'll go evil or something when manipulated by the Replicators (in lifeline maybe?) I want to see her break out of it, beg for John to end it, have him do it and then be heartbroken for the rest of his life. I mean, if we're going to write it out lets write it out big, right? and if it can't be happy then let's make it romantically tragic. Of course, sci-fi tv shows rarely wrap things up that clear cut, more likely she'll just be "out there." But anyway, sorry if I'm totally misreading it, but from what I have read (sighs again wishing I had the control to be spoiler free) this is what I'm getting out of it. I'm both pleased and horribly upset. *wishes for a tv show that could for once show a happy romance and leave me feeling warm and fuzzy*
                    OMG I have been saying that all the time Glad someone thinks the same as me. After reading the spoilers for the first couple of episodes, it definitely sounds very simular.
                    Spoiler:
                    I've read about the scene between John and Elizabeth in the infirmary where she's telling him that he might have to kill her. That is very simular to a scene from X-Men:The Last Stand (except minus the almost-smut).
                    That scene at the end of X-Men is one of the best love scenes ever. It's so tragic and just absolutely beautiful.
                    And the best part is that Jean Grey never actually really dies in the Phoenix Saga. So, ya know.

And I'm actually writing a fic for This Mortal Coil right now that is based around that idea

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
                    ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

Originally posted by SazZat View Post
                      OMG I have been saying that all the time Glad someone thinks the same as me. After reading the spoilers for the first couple of episodes, it definitely sounds very simular.
                      Spoiler:
                      I've read about the scene between John and Elizabeth in the infirmary where she's telling him that he might have to kill her. That is very simular to a scene from X-Men:The Last Stand (except minus the almost-smut).
                      That scene at the end of X-Men is one of the best love scenes ever. It's so tragic and just absolutely beautiful.
                      And the best part is that Jean Grey never actually really dies in the Phoenix Saga. So, ya know.

And I'm actually writing a fic for This Mortal Coil right now that is based around that idea

You're probably who I heard the idea from first, and I hated you would even suggest such a thing, and now I agree with you. Go figure.

Comment

Just a quick pic:

Spoiler:

Comment

I put this under spoiler cuts not really because it's spoiler at this point but for all those hanging onto their Zen, I don't want to bring them down again. Still, I feel the need to vent:
                          Spoiler:
                          I noticed the link that says new Season 4 promo pics are available. Normally I jump on that but I can't. I thought I'd reached the point of resignation and caring little what happens past a few episodes in season 4 but now I realize the Sparky fan in me is really getting scared. Like you can see the car crash coming and you want to turn into superman to stop it but you can't and that just makes the horror if it all the worse. It's been a long time since I was really sad about a way a show had turned out but I am in this one. I keep going back to the same thing, I probably wouldn't be as upset by it all if someone other than AT were taking Lizzie's place. I don't have anything against AT. I really, really don't. I just think someone unconnected with Stargate the show at all to come in would have been less painful, at least for me. I guess I feel like if that were the case that I'd be able to deny TH's leaving more easily. Plus it truly annoys that of all the Stargate SG-1 people shouldn't it be DANIEL that comes to Atlantis? First Sam then Tealq (oh my gosh I totally forgot how to spell it) but Daniel only if they get a season 5? How does THAT make any sense? It was just too much drastic change too fast. I just feel like the fans have been messed over by TPTB and it can only get worse. I hope I'm wrong. I hope for all those who stick around that it turns out well but I get the feeling I'll be watching two epi's of S4 and that's it. Who knows though.

Ugh. I feel depressed now. I'm going to go bask in things that still make me happy.

AL

Comment

the only thing to complete my fav day in the year is to ave sparky love!

Comment

Originally posted by SazZat View Post
                              Spoiler:

Originally posted by Lizabeth View Post
                              You're probably who I heard the idea from first, and I hated you would even suggest such a thing, and now I agree with you. Go figure.
                              Erm. I'm glad you like this idea guys, I'm just gonna put few random thoughts here. Why is that most of the people think tragedy is romantic? Why is Romeo and Juliet so romantic? I mean I understand love against all odds, but tragic ending part is what I don't get.

It actually shows the way most of the people see the world around us (and I wonder if anybody is going to understand my point here.). The art in general, and not only TV shows, but painting and literature, and music is so filled with unhappy, tragic lovers who are not loved back or get to see their loved dieing. Thikn Moulin Rouge. Or Thorn Birds. Or Doctor Who. It seems to me that we believe that true love and happiness don't mesh. Or that it's only for several lucky people, but not us. Or in most simple words I can phrase, that love can't be simple and enjoyable.

And since we live exactly what we believe, these beliefs turn into self fulfilling prophecies. Well guess what. I'm the black sheep here. (beeeeeh!) I think love can and should be simple, and warm, and deep and happy. I know that there is struggle in life, but I believe in good outcomes, especially if you are brave enough to stand with your head high through hardship.

Originally posted by A.L. View Post
                              I put this under spoiler cuts not really because it's spoiler at this point but for all those hanging onto their Zen, I don't want to bring them down again. Still, I feel the need to vent:
                              Spoiler:
                              I noticed the link that says new Season 4 promo pics are available. Normally I jump on that but I can't. I thought I'd reached the point of resignation and caring little what happens past a few episodes in season 4 but now I realize the Sparky fan in me is really getting scared. Like you can see the car crash coming and you want to turn into superman to stop it but you can't and that just makes the horror if it all the worse. It's been a long time since I was really sad about a way a show had turned out but I am in this one. I keep going back to the same thing, I probably wouldn't be as upset by it all if someone other than AT were taking Lizzie's place. I don't have anything against AT. I really, really don't. I just think someone unconnected with Stargate the show at all to come in would have been less painful, at least for me. I guess I feel like if that were the case that I'd be able to deny TH's leaving more easily. Plus it truly annoys that of all the Stargate SG-1 people shouldn't it be DANIEL that comes to Atlantis? First Sam then Tealq (oh my gosh I totally forgot how to spell it) but Daniel only if they get a season 5? How does THAT make any sense? It was just too much drastic change too fast. I just feel like the fans have been messed over by TPTB and it can only get worse. I hope I'm wrong. I hope for all those who stick around that it turns out well but I get the feeling I'll be watching two epi's of S4 and that's it. Who knows though.

Ugh. I feel depressed now. I'm going to go bask in things that still make me happy.

AL
                              Here is my response in spoiler tabs:

Spoiler:
                              I know the feeling. I've been feeling like that. Sometimes it still catches me off guard - that feeling of car crash coming. But I think I prepared myself and decided I simply won't care where S4 takes these characters I love, especially Elizabeth. So far it seems my speculation was right. What they did to her is like turning Harry Potter into a death eater in my eyes. I think she deserved better.

I also think that the reasons for this are not within the story but behind the cameras, with big wigs who make decisions that in the end turn out to influence the story more than fans wishes. I know lot of people who aren't shippers yet they think J/E should have been more explored and acknowledged. And mind those people are male, who usually don't see something unless you slap them across the face with it.

What I settle for is my interest in Sparky, that hasn't diminished and the inspiration it provides. And I'm not talking about show only, but about fandom and fan creations as well. As long as fans are around Sparky will be also, no matter how S4 turns. We expect the worst, but I hope it won't be that bad, because people usually expect too much and overreact. Now you may call me not - true Atlantis fan, okay. I settle for what i like

I hope this helped a bit.

Okay, so we have 95 moments and two episodes of Siege to discuss! Tell me when you're ready to get your hands on Siege 1, or do you want to discuss The Gift more?

Comment

Thanks for the green and b'day wishes Anuna

Comment

Working...
                                X