sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Will certainly do it, BG!!

Just finished a smut fic!
      *waits anxiously for a link*

Comment

*waves hello to the thread*
        Hi there everybody. I've been away for soooooooo long. I don't suppose someone would like to sumarise the last few months of posts would they?

Just looking over the last couple of pages:
        ~Congrats on the engagement Anuna!~ That's such lovely news *big cheesey grin*

~ Pocus (I think it was), that's got to be one of the nicest proposals I've heard. It sounded so genuine and sweet, and simple. I can honestly imagine a scenario where say the Atlantis expedition was being disbanded and scattered, and hearing John saying saying something like that to Elizabeth.

~ There have been such lovely thought provoking questions. I'll try and answer a couple of them in the next couple of days if I can.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post
          You guys should watch McKay and Mrs Miller ( 3x08 ) bc there are two cute J/E scenes I can't believe I missed before.
          Spoiler:
          You'll see, it's in the scene where Jeanie and Rodney arrive in Atlantis ( they're beame down to the control room ) Take a look at Weir by the end of that scene trust me.
          How did I miss that particular one!! I remembered the second one, but that one was mighty cute.
          sig made by me

Comment

Fic link for me too please!

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
            I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
            Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Okay! Here it is, you smut fans!! I want feedback!!!

http://www.sheppardweir.com/fanfics/...y.php?sid=1069

Blame SR for the shirt. *cough* That is all her fault.
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Always look forward to reading,(cough) sensual stories.

Comment

#1: When (and where, in wich situations) do we notice Elizabeth's (special) weakness for John? (I mean in terms of extra worry, tolerance and stuff like that - little things that reveal that he is somehow special to her)?

#2: Does John remind you at some other action/adventure/sci fi character?

About question #1.
                  Besides the obvious Conversion and Common Ground and the fact that they are almost always in the came scene, side by side, she is giving him special attention many times, and I guess it's not only because he's the military commander.
                  OK, so, let me remember some occasions that were not mentioned:

Spoiler:

- in 'Epiphany', John, Teyla and Ronon after fighting the beast are down on the ground. Elizabeth immediatly goes to John to see how he is. He was farther away from her, but she goes to him and doesn't even look around to the others until after she sees he's ok. Ok, they were all worried about him, so maybe that's it.

- as I mentioned in a previous post, in 'The Game', at the end she comes to check how the 'boys' are and she goes near John rather than Rodeny.
                  Here's the first picture. she comes to their table.

And then she is near John.

I don't think she had any intention to face Rodney. I may be wrong, of course, but then she looks at John like this.

Isn't that expressive?

Do you know what I make of that look? I think she learnt something about him in this episode and she likes what she saw.
                  During this brief conversation, he doesn't look at her, much. Is he embarassed for what he did? Rodney isn't but he's Rodney. Or is he just focused on the next move? I don't know, but I felt like there was some tension between them

-in 'Echoes', when John and Rodney are in the submerged jumper, she hears about Rodney bleeding and she immediatly calls the medical team to be ready in the jumper bay, standard procedure. But when John doesn't respond she calls him so desperate.
                  I know that because he was piloting the jumper, both of him and McKay were in danger not just only him, but he only had, what?, 1 second to answer before she went crazy.

- in 'Conversion' besides the obvious concern that takes her to his quarters so often and makes her go in alone !. In the beginning when Carson tells him that the retrovirus is not braking down in his system, only Elizabeth is there with them. Not Ronon, nor Teyla, who, IMO have less things to do than Elizabeth, (McKay may be busy, we can't blame him and we know he cares for John). But she is there with him, the only one.

- not to mention that she doesn't mind his feet on her desk. I really don't think she would let Rodney do that. Hell, I wouldn't! maybe because Rodney is so arrogant and John is not, so letting him do that wouldn't make him think too highly of himself.

And also there is another thing. I think she sees how he really is; she's a smart woman, I am sure she does see beneath the surface, and maybe she thinks that encouraging him and giving him more space to take decisions will be best for all of them.
                  Also she's the kind of leader that listens first, not to John especially in the beginning, but I think that in time she learnt to trust him a lot, because he was right many times.
                  But, still, after I bring these new reasons, which sees plausible from a leader's POV, it's more than that I see. She really does have an eye especially for him.

#2, hmmm, I think he does remind me of Indiana Jones, but only when he behaves like a kid. I don't know, maybe it's because I don't see Indy as a profound character, (that's mainly because the type of the movie not because he's not, he actually is somehow) and John also tries to hide that side of his personality. And because he comes up with smart ideas, when in need, like he did in 'Echoes' and 'The Intruder' and.... many other occasions.
                  John is also a responsible person and cares a lot about the people around him. The 'we don't leave people behind' concept he adheres to so strong makes me think of Cmdr. William Riker, from StarTrek TNG. And the fact that he's good with women makes me think of the same ST character, too.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna
                    Yup it was! But I wonder did you notice that watch in The Storm?

Three Sparky episodes - well two of them heavy Sparky episodes - have the watch in it.
                    I just hope that it doesn't mean they're running out of time!!

I see you've finished I'm sorry that I was suddenly gone yesterday, but our router decided to kick me out of the internet again and after that we had thunder and lightning...

Hey folks, look at my sig *Hugs Vixen*

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Ooooh I love your sig, Fionnait! Bravo Vixen!!! She made me a siggy too, I must show it off too. Right after I finish this post.

@peterl - sensual you say? Glad you think that way. *cough*

@Fionnait - I might write one for the third reason too. I actually have a good idea how to do it.

I like your observations, Alexandra. I totally forgot about "Epiphany" - I did analyze it once, from John's POV and tried to explain John's beard. It was few months ago. My key hypothesis was that John kept the beard - neglected his appereance - because he was depressed. He thought that for some reason Atlantis abandoned him, and that is the story of his life, it seems - sooner or later the community he learns to love and protect turns its back on him. he was absolutely terrified of history repeating, and he refused to accept his new "home" and it's customes. He didn't like the beard but he left it. And when the team plus Carson and Elizbeth showed up finally, first he yelled at them (or more precisely at Elizabeth - he expected of her to take care and make sure somebody goes to find him and bring him home). I think he is aware that he is Elizabeth's weak spot. he expects her to care about him, he counts on that and he truts her a lot.

Comment

*Hugs Fionnait and Anuna*

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post
                        You guys should watch McKay and Mrs Miller ( 3x08 ) bc there are two cute J/E scenes I can't believe I missed before.
                        Spoiler:
                        You'll see, it's in the scene where Jeanie and Rodney arrive in Atlantis ( they're beame down to the control room ) Take a look at Weir by the end of that scene trust me.
                        That's cute! Good catch.
                        Spoiler:
                        And it's repeated later when they observe the conversations between the McKays, but this time from both sides.

Originally posted by Alexandra View Post
                        About question #1.
                        Besides the obvious Conversion and Common Ground and the fact that they are almost always in the came scene, side by side, she is giving him special attention many times, and I guess it's not only because he's the military commander.
                        OK, so, let me remember some occasions that were not mentioned:

Spoiler:

- in 'Epiphany', John, Teyla and Ronon after fighting the beast are down on the ground. Elizabeth immediatly goes to John to see how he is. He was farther away from her, but she goes to him and doesn't even look around to the others until after she sees he's ok. Ok, they were all worried about him, so maybe that's it.
                        http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...nap-210854.png

- as I mentioned in a previous post, in 'The Game', at the end she comes to check how the 'boys' are and she goes near John rather than Rodeny.
                        Here's the first picture. she comes to their table.
                        http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...snap-27195.png

And then she is near John.
                        http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...snap-26620.png
                        I don't think she had any intention to face Rodney. I may be wrong, of course, but then she looks at John like this.
                        http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...snap-26764.png
                        Isn't that expressive?

Do you know what I make of that look? I think she learnt something about him in this episode and she likes what she saw.
                        During this brief conversation, he doesn't look at her, much. Is he embarassed for what he did? Rodney isn't but he's Rodney. Or is he just focused on the next move? I don't know, but I felt like there was some tension between them

-in 'Echoes', when John and Rodney are in the submerged jumper, she hears about Rodney bleeding and she immediatly calls the medical team to be ready in the jumper bay, standard procedure. But when John doesn't respond she calls him so desperate.
                        I know that because he was piloting the jumper, both of him and McKay were in danger not just only him, but he only had, what?, 1 second to answer before she went crazy.

- in 'Conversion' besides the obvious concern that takes her to his quarters so often and makes her go in alone !. In the beginning when Carson tells him that the retrovirus is not braking down in his system, only Elizabeth is there with them. Not Ronon, nor Teyla, who, IMO have less things to do than Elizabeth, (McKay may be busy, we can't blame him and we know he cares for John). But she is there with him, the only one.

- not to mention that she doesn't mind his feet on her desk. I really don't think she would let Rodney do that. Hell, I wouldn't! maybe because Rodney is so arrogant and John is not, so letting him do that wouldn't make him think too highly of himself.

And also there is another thing. I think she sees how he really is; she's a smart woman, I am sure she does see beneath the surface, and maybe she thinks that encouraging him and giving him more space to take decisions will be best for all of them.
                        Also she's the kind of leader that listens first, not to John especially in the beginning, but I think that in time she learnt to trust him a lot, because he was right many times.
                        But, still, after I bring these new reasons, which sees plausible from a leader's POV, it's more than that I see. She really does have an eye especially for him.
                        I can't seem to green you. bah!

Not only can I picture them discussing books (something I would still love to see), but also playing chess, and even enjoying playing golf together.....

Comment

I can imagine him giving her a golf lesson. It would include a hug!

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen View Post

I can't seem to green you. bah!

Not only can I picture them discussing books (something I would still love to see), but also playing chess, and even enjoying playing golf together.....
                            I would like to see them together as much as possible doing and discussing all kinds of things, too.

Was it something that you didn't agree in my observations? Not that I expect to be greened, I don't care about that, but maybe I wasn't clear enough.
                            I was just saying that even if I can find some realistic reasons why she would behave like that towards John, there is more than that. Simply put: a look is not a simple look, because it is more intense when it is directed towards him, and that, I think, is more than a 100 words.
                            sigpic

Comment

And you can't miss the fact that she looks at him more often than the others. When they return from a dangerous mission, she is happiest to see him. It's like she gravitates towards him.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandra View Post
                                I would like to see them together as much as possible doing and discussing all kinds of things, too.

Was it something that you didn't agree in my observations? Not that I expect to be greened, I don't care about that, but maybe I wasn't clear enough.
                                I was just saying that even if I can find some realistic reasons why she would behave like that towards John, there is more than that. Simply put: a look is not a simple look, because it is more intense when it is directed towards him, and that, I think, is more than a 100 words.
                                No, no, I wanted to green you (because I liked your observations) but it wouldn't let me.

Originally posted by Anuna
                                When they return from a dangerous mission, she is happiest to see him. It's like she gravitates towards him.
                                *nods* He keeps having a growing part in her life (and more than she would like to admit).

Oh and welcome back Reaceania! *waves*

Comment

Working...
                                X