No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night after a repeat of Hide and Seek on cable they had this great little segment of behind the scenes called front row. Torri was interviewed about Elizabeth. She is so great, such a bubbly and friendly personaility. She talked about how she agrees in many ways with Elizabeth's ideals, it was only short but it was great to see her. She seemed so focused on her character like she was planning for it to last for a long time. SGA will just not be the show it should be without her there, she is the heart and soul of Atlantis.

Comment

Just watched Intruder again. Something about the ep made me think Elizabeth is more family oriented than at first it seems. When Simon told her there was someone else, I got the idea that she seemed less heartbroken and more frustrated, like "why can't happily ever after ever work out for me?" And at the end when they were back and she's like "Let's get back to work." Especially because it was right after Teyla talking about reuniting with loved ones, it struck me as the attitude of a workaholic who (even though I do believe she truly enjoys her work) throws herself overboard into it to try and fill the hole that is missing elsewhere in her life (namely, that of love and family).

ETA:Anybody know when stargate_ren is putting up another story? And why is no one talking on here? Do I drive people away?! But seriously, every time I come to GW it seems like Shep/Teyla thread is on top or close to it, nothing against them, but shouldn't we be up there too? Hmmm......maybe everyone else lives in a different time zone than me.
      Last edited by Lizabeth; 14 August 2007, 07:07 PM.

Comment

*pops in* Congrats on your engagement Anuna! And to keep this on topic, long live Sparky!! *pops out*
        Thanks to Spacemonkey Jackson for the signature!

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
          Celcool asked me to make a few sparky family smilies. I thought that you might like them, too.

Enjoy.
          *gasps* Ah! Kawaiiiiiiiiiiiii! Oh they are so cute!

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
          I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
          Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

@Lizabeth - uummmm we are one lazyshipper group! There you go! It's not like we have nothing to talk about!
            Now where is that "you could be a little more chatty"? comment' Sounds great but I fail to remember where it was.

I can't wait to see your vid, SR. I'm working on a marriage - I'll be there for you no matter what - sorta thing vid. Let's see how it turns out.

Guys I think we need another question to discuss. Let's see....

I have two questions! (the morivator kicks in again)

#1: When (and where, in wich situations) do we notice Elizabeth's (speacial) weakness for John? (I mean in terms of extra worry, tolerance and stuff like that - little things that reveal that he is somehow special to her)?

#2: Does John remind you at some other action/adventure/sci fi character?

There you go Sparkys! Throw yourself into discussion! I'm especially interested in what do you have to say for question #2.
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I want to answer 2 before I go to sleep, will have to come back to #1 tomorrow, that is if people haven't already listed the episodes. Common Ground, anyone.

John reminds me of Jack Carter in Eureka or what maybe John could have been if tptb you know actually cared about character development.
              sigpic
              My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

I had a pretty hard Indiana Jones fix this summer (blame it on my fiancee - how I like that word! Heeee!). That guy has knack for trouble, which reminds me of Shep... but it's more than that. Indy attracts women (and likes them); he can be very smartassed and in some moments I was wondering if JF was actually imitating Harrison Ford's facial expressions.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                  I want to answer 2 before I go to sleep, will have to come back to #1 tomorrow, that is if people haven't already listed the episodes. Common Ground, anyone.
                  That one first came to mind. Sure, other team members reacted to seeing John being attacked by the Wraith too but those can be explained. Ronon is always angry at the Wraith for what they did to him plus John is his friend, Rodney showed concern on his face, John is his friend, Teyla showed nothing, as always, stoic, remember, but Elizabeth, wow, that really touched me, her face, tears filling her eyes watching John, she was suffering with him, she was feeling his pain and couldn't take it - her looking away. Yet she wanted to respect his wish of not giving into the blackmail, now if that doesn't show her deep feelings for him, that he's special for her than nothing does. Those are still one of my favorite Sparky scenes, just looking at Elizabeth's face. Really, CG and TRW made me see Sparky, those were the first eps I watched.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                  I had a pretty hard Indiana Jones fix this summer (blame it on my fiancee - how I like that word! Heeee!). That guy has knack for trouble, which reminds me of Shep... but it's more than that. Indy attracts women (and likes them); he can be very smartassed and in some moments I was wondering if JF was actually imitating Harrison Ford's facial expressions.
                  Now that you mention it, I do see that resemblance.

"Lazy shippers" LOL
                  Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                  at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Yup, lazy shippers! *pokes thread again* I'm gonna poke and ask questions till you guys buck up and start posting again! This thread was my happy place most of the time, I like to see more fun going on here. Yeah, it's not perfect ATM, but we DO have things to discuss.

Okay, CG is so obvious. I want more subtle moments. Like Elizabeth grabbing the railing in "Sanctuary" after John is gone with jumper through the gate. Or 38 minutes. C'mon!

Comment

I want more subtle moments. Like Elizabeth grabbing the railing in "Sanctuary" after John is gone with jumper through the gate. Or 38 minutes. C'mon!
                      I love that one! She was thinking, why going after that girl, I'm here!!!! LoL
                      Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                      at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

I'd say she was thinking something like: that man is such a trouble. He'll put everyone's safety before his own and it will hurt like hell because I care so much!

Comment

Progeny

Spoiler:
                          You know that scene where John activates the self-destruct for Atlantis? Since we know that the Asurians created the settings and wanted to see how he would react and how he would think the others would react to such a gloomy scenario, it's interesting to note Elizabeth's reaction (from John's thoughts). When John offers to activate the self-destruct, you have Elizabeth offering another possible solution with the Wraith (as another way of saying: You shouldn't do this!), and then Rodney joins in to convince John not to go through with it.
                          I like that even when Elizabeth goes down to the gate, you have her look around, still searching for him, maybe hoping that he would make it in time, wanting to see him run down those stairs and towards the gate. And only when he tells her, does she leave. And remember that all this is happening in John's head, these are his thoughts. What does that tell you?

Comment

@Lizabeth - uummmm we are one lazyshipper group! There you go! It's not like we have nothing to talk about!
                            Now where is that "you could be a little more chatty"? comment' Sounds great but I fail to remember where it was.

I can't wait to see your vid, SR. I'm working on a marriage - I'll be there for you no matter what - sorta thing vid. Let's see how it turns out.

Guys I think we need another question to discuss. Let's see....

I have two questions! (the morivator kicks in again)

#1: When (and where, in wich situations) do we notice Elizabeth's (speacial) weakness for John? (I mean in terms of extra worry, tolerance and stuff like that - little things that reveal that he is somehow special to her)?

#2: Does John remind you at some other action/adventure/sci fi character?

There you go Sparkys! Throw yourself into discussion! I'm especially interested in what do you have to say for question #2.
                            Hey, gimme a break. Some of us here in North America actually sleep at night.

The "little more chatty" comment is from Allies I think.

Question #1: My answer is The Hive. Spoiler just in case.
                            Spoiler:
                            First when Rodney comes back alone and she just runs right past him looking for John. And then of course when she thinks he's dead and can't make herself say so on the recorder. And lastly, when she thinks he's dead for real and turns away almost in tears. You can see Chuck suffering for her here also.

Question #2: Han Solo. Irreverant, willing to shoot bad guys without much discussion, killer grin.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*melts*

I can't believe I didn't brought this up, because I'm using that scene in like... every vid I make.

It's what i always say about him - he is selfless, puts the others before himself and tries everything to save people he cares about.
                              Now let me put my shippy glasses on *takes glasses and puts them on Adama style* *cough* - okay, i'd say he wants to make sure she'll be okay... and she is the last thing he wants to see and keep in his memory before he dies. There! it's LOOOOOVEEEEEEE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Hey, gimme a break. Some of us here in North America actually sleep at night.

The "little more chatty" comment is from Allies I think.

Question #1: My answer is The Hive. Spoiler just in case.
                                Spoiler:
                                First when Rodney comes back alone and she just runs right past him looking for John. And then of course when she thinks he's dead and can't make herself say so on the recorder. And lastly, when she thinks he's dead for real and turns away almost in tears. You can see Chuck suffering for her here also.

Question #2: Han Solo. Irreverant, willing to shoot bad guys without much discussion, killer grin.
                                First bolded part - it's 2 PM in Croatia. And I'm NOT asleep You gotta love the timezones, riiight?

Great comment about The Hive -her worry and fear gradually grow, and you made me see it now!

And

Spoiler:
                                when he comes through the gate, alive and well, I bet she'd give him a hug only if she could, but there are witnesses... so she can't do it like in Siege.

*melts*

Han Solo is a good choice, and may I add, played by same actor like Indy. (Would that make Elizabeth his Princess Leia?)

Comment

Working...
                                X