• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Olivia001 View Post
    I Love it Atlantis

I'm Back!!
    yay!

Originally posted by belanna30 View Post
    OK, I had an idea for another discussion question:

What is your favorite type of Shep/Weir fanfic?

Possible answers:
    Everything
    Babies
    Established/Adventure
    On Atlantis
    On Earth
    Fillers to existing episodes
    Just friends
    flirting
    fighting
    Elizabeth and SGA off world

etc., etc., etc.

I find my favorites are some rare AUs, just friends (with slight hints), episode fillers, and Elizabeth goes on a mission

So, anyone? What do you like reading the most?
    Au's def, baby!fic (who doesnt), mission fics, everything basically
    Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
    Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Wha?!

Spoiler:
      I really need to keep watching more often. I haven't seen "Sunday" so spill the beans!

"Woman who catch fly with chopstick accomplish anything." --- My friend, Elizabeth, about me.

Comment

Well our beloved fly boy

Spoiler:
        really used to be married, and that marriage probbably was a dizaster; which makes his character much more interesting in my oppinion.

I like: flirting, atlantis based, AUs, off world, drunken and baby fic!! Yay!!!

Another discussion idea - Sunday spoilers:

Spoiler:
        now that we "officially" know that Shep was married, I'd like to hear your thoutghts. How did that work? How old could he have been then? Why was he "not so good at it"? how did that experience shape his current relationships with women / or lack of that? How can this affect his relationship with Elizabeth? Can Elizabeth change anything/any part of his experience?
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Spoiler:
          i rekon that it was like a "just-after-highschool-thing" and that it didnt last cus, i mean its shepp, he deserves someone better like 'Lizabeth

Comment

Possible answers:
            Everything
            Babies
            Established/Adventure
            On Atlantis
            On Earth
            Just friends
            flirting
            fighting

etc., etc., etc.

I find my favorites are some rare AUs, just friends (with slight hints), episode fillers, and Elizabeth goes on a mission

Hmm, everything. No, really. Not too keen on established but as Olivia said, there are some good ones. I love angst to death. Also death fic (makes good angst ), fluff, babyfic, Sparky stranded offworld (or locked in a room accidentally), fighting (both verbal and physical ) etc.

TRW pic:
            Spoiler:

I just love how he looks at her here. Kind of like 'I'm so glad I have you back' way.

Comment

i rekon hes got a tear in his eye in that photo

Comment

BG: Nice vid!I love the song!

I have been reading a lot of FANFICS, all of them are inspired!
                I love reading this tales I have imagination and I can see the scene in mi mind.

My english is really bad so I can´t do it, but I think there will be a nice idea to do a fanfic about John and Elizabeth after the storm with their clothes wet, and a lot of thinks to talk about...

Comment

Spoiler:
                  now that we "officially" know that Shep was married, I'd like to hear your thoutghts. How did that work? How old could he have been then? Why was he "not so good at it"? how did that experience shape his current relationships with women / or lack of that? How can this affect his relationship with Elizabeth? Can Elizabeth change anything/any part of his experience?
                  Good questions, good questions!

Spoiler:
                  I find this pretty interesting because it explains why Sheppard doesn't seem to like committing to women. I'm guessing the split up was mostly due to his wife’s actions, which caused him to not get too involved with women because maybe he didn't trust them as much after that?

Ah, maybe I'm lollipoping here, but to me it's the perfect explanation as to why Shep prefers quickie relationships rather than long, meaningful ones.
                  Make it spin!

Comment

Originally posted by Meg-Ann View Post
                    Good questions, good questions!

Spoiler:
                    I find this pretty interesting because it explains why Sheppard doesn't seem to like committing to women. I'm guessing the split up was mostly due to his wife’s actions, which caused him to not get too involved with women because maybe he didn't trust them as much after that?

Ah, maybe I'm lollipoping here, but to me it's the perfect explanation as to why Shep prefers quickie relationships rather than long, meaningful ones.
                    My theory:
                    Spoiler:
                    His wife cheated on him with his best friend/had a baby with him. Therefore yes, he doesn't trust women in the relationship thing, he's afraid he'd be screwed over like that again. MHO, of course.

Comment

Yeah, that's along the lines of what I was thinking of.
                      Spoiler:

So, was anyone else bothered by the Sheyla stuff in Sunday? Or was that just me being ship protective?
                      Make it spin!

Comment

Can't really comment of

Spoiler:
                        Sheyla stuff in Sunday cause I didn't watch it. Seriously was there any of thats tuff? I was more under the impression everybody could interpret that ep the way he or she wanted it, because most of the things were left kinda hangin' in the air? I do know lot of what was said and done in Sunday, saw few clips too; if you're talking about the conversation between Teyla and John in infirmary I think it was more friendship, and can't really be compared to relationship John shares with Elizabeth.
                        My theory on John's marriage: lack of experience, his trouble with showing and expressing emotions, plus his work made the marriage grow cold. The wife wanted out of it, because he was too distant and too far away, both physically and mentally; and he was left with a bitter experience of letting down people he cares most about. He doesn't consider himself to be a good relationship/marriage material, plus, he fears to be hurt again.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                          Can't really comment of

Spoiler:
                          Sheyla stuff in Sunday cause I didn't watch it. Seriously was there any of thats tuff? I was more under the impression everybody could interpret that ep the way he or she wanted it, because most of the things were left kinda hangin' in the air? I do know lot of what was said and done in Sunday, saw few clips too; if you're talking about the conversation between Teyla and John in infirmary I think it was more friendship, and can't really be compared to relationship John shares with Elizabeth.
                          My theory on John's marriage: lack of experience, his trouble with showing and expressing emotions, plus his work made the marriage grow cold. The wife wanted out of it, because he was too distant and too far away, both physically and mentally; and he was left with a bitter experience of letting down people he cares most about. He doesn't consider himself to be a good relationship/marriage material, plus, he fears to be hurt again.
                          Originally posted by Meg-Ann View Post
                          Yeah, that's along the lines of what I was thinking of.
                          Spoiler:

So, was anyone else bothered by the Sheyla stuff in Sunday? Or was that just me being ship protective?
                          Personally, I:

Spoiler:
                          Didn't see any Sheyla. I saw friendship and being there for each other like friends when they lost their mutual friend (still I think it was Carson, who Teyla was talking about at the beginning). But that's just me. I never saw any Sheyla ship in Rising so..........

Comment

Possible answers:
                            Everything
                            Babies
                            Established/Adventure
                            On Atlantis
                            On Earth
                            Just friends
                            flirting
                            fighting

etc., etc., etc.

OK well to start with my least favourite is established relationship fics. It's also rare that I will read fluff...but sometimes I do like it.

My favourites, it all depends on my mood. Actually, my outright favourite catagories are 'angst' and 'hurt/comfort'. I love those. I also love 'character death' (although fanfic is exactly where that belongs and should stay)

Also like 'episode fillers'...particularly when combined with 'angst'. Post-argument/disagreement fics are good as well...but that's just another branch of angst.

I also like any which have a big plot that just happens to feature Sparky...like the brilliantly written 'Unexpected' by Oparu http://www.sheppardweir.com/fanfics/...ry.php?sid=846

Originally posted by dana View Post
                            Personally, I:

Spoiler:
                            Didn't see any Sheyla. I saw friendship and being there for each other like friends when they lost their mutual friend (still I think it was Carson, who Teyla was talking about at the beginning). But that's just me. I never saw any Sheyla ship in Rising so..........
                            Thank goodness I'm not the only one who saw Carson/Teyla. (OT from Sparky, sorry)
                            Spoiler:
                            I could totally see it being Carson who she was talking about. Plus, it would actually be a normal can totally happen ship.
                            The way she reached out for his hand while on the stretcher, and also how upset (beyond what I'd expect from Teyla) she came across about it when talking to Shep in the infirmiry.
                            Basically I didn't find that the Shep and Teyla scene in the infirmiry scene bothered me. If I had seen it as shippy then I would have been bothered. It was a lovely little scene though. I loved Teyla's emotion and I do actually believe it was because she did have stronger feelings for Carson and so it made it all so much more hard to cope with. That's the only reason I can see Teyla being so openly effected by it as she was.
                            I think that sort of friendship and support was just realistic. If I saw anything romantic then I'd say so. Just think, if it was switched and Ronon had been the one talking to her then everyone would be shouting Ronon/Teyla. It will always be shippy to the shippers of whatever pairing it is. All the non-shippers prob didn't even see it as anything.
                            Pure and simple: I saw it as a friendship moment and it was a really nice scene to watch. It didn't bother me at all. Actually, nice to watch a scene when I don't have to cringe over tptb forcing Sheyla, as I sometimes do. They made a good job of it in my opinion.

Sunday stuff for Sparky
                            Spoiler:
                            It's like I see the moment, where John looks at Elizabeth after she stands back in line after giving her memorial speech, as shippy for Sparky. Not shipping in the totally 'OMG I love you' sort of ship, but in the sense that he was thinking of her and was worried about how she was coping with it all.

Sunday as a whole goes to show just how much they all care for each other and how something as tragic as Carson's death can shake things up. It was a friendship and family episode...Probably the first to show us how much of a close knit group they've all become. I just loved seeing how they do all really care and worry about each other. There was even the nice little moment between Rodney and Ronon near the end. Every ship/friendship (however you want to see it) got it's little obvious part. For Sparky we got that intense look at the end to show that.

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
                            ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

I usually say "Sunday" is one big Rorschach test. It means, everybody sees
                              Spoiler:
                              what he/she wants to see, and I agree with Saz.

For me best moments were:

Elizabeth's speech and John on the verge of tears (totally worth seeing)
                              Lorne painting! (OMG!!!)
                              but what really made my heart break was Rodney packing Carson's things. I know all about great personal loss. It's the hardest part when you have to "clear" that room (in your house and sometimes in your heart - or at least it feels that way, that you have to clear it and remove all that is left) where someone very dear and loved used to be.

Okay, please give me some other theme, because I'll start crying!! *sobs*

EDIT: just watched the ep. I need chocholate.

Comment

I'm still not curageous enough to watch Sunday just yet. I don't do well when things don't go the way I'd like and they can't be easily fixed. Even if they can be easily fixed I've seen the finale epi's of S3 and from what I know and saw, there wasn't enough to offset what I may percieve while watching Sunday. So I'm on hold on that epi for now. Maybe my sis can make it better for me but for now, nope. It's all right. I've got other things to distract me for now. Plenty to look forward to including Season 4.

AL

Comment

Working...
                                X