No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing that makes me wonder... those are the SAME people that produced SG-1 so well for many years and started off well with SGA... WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED? Are there brain slugs involved? (Futurama references FTW)

And you're completely right, Atlantis needs MORE Elizabeth, not less. ): Gaaaaaah. I actually finished that Sparky/MSR comparison some hours ago, but I'm in no mood to post it. T_T Maybe tomorrow. Or maybe... after Sunday. So I still have something to cheer me up make me feel less depressed.
    sigpic

Comment

LoL, love the sig Lizabeth. Brilliant use of Rodney's quote.

Sure, they've done well with SG1 and so far, Atlantis, but if the fans didn't watch, they'd have no show. And to be honest, after all these changes, it looks like they're making a BIG mistake. But then I might be wrong.
      Last edited by Cailliath; 18 January 2007, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cailliath View Post
        Thanks, I told my sis I thought it would make a good sig and she made it for me. First time I've had a sig, seems like a good reason for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cailliath View Post

I think the main problem with these same folk that produced the SG1 and started Atlantis off is the obvious ego and arrogance they've developed. I find it pretty hard to watch interviews with Brad Wright and/or Rob Cooper these days. They ooze arrogance. Sure, they've done well with SG1 and so far, Atlantis, but if the fans didn't watch, they'd have no show. And to be honest, after all these changes, it looks like they're making a BIG mistake.
          Reading that made me think of George Lucas and a little series of movies called "Star Wars". How many hopping mad fans were there after the prequels were made?

Sadly, I have this feeling that "Sunday" might not cheer people up since
          Spoiler:
          it's been said it is the episode where Carson dies. It's the beginning of the end of SGA as we know it!

I might be able to accept Elizabeth as a recurring character if she had gone back to Earth carrying John's love child... No not really, I'd still be very annoyed. Elizabeth is my favorite character. I want to see more of her not less.
          ~Athena

Comment

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED?
            Crack.

Lizabeth loved the sig also! LOL
            livejournal * fanfiction

i do not support the cast changes. No x-over. Yes Elizabeth & Carson.

Comment

Originally posted by i found forever View Post
              Crack.
              *spits out her juice*

That actually managed to make me laugh. *giggles more*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt View Post
                Reading that made me think of George Lucas and a little series of movies called "Star Wars". How many hopping mad fans were there after the prequels were made?
                Oh you're dead right there. It's very similar now that you mention it.

Spoiler:
                I agree also that Sunday probably isn't going to boost moods at all. *hopes to be proven totally wrong*
                Last edited by Cailliath; 18 January 2007, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by i found forever View Post
                  Crack.

Lizabeth loved the sig also! LOL
                  Crack in their collective skull, y0.
                  I just have to reach the Zen point. =_= I'm almost there, since the headache can't get worse, anyway. *lol*
                  With the logic of TPTB... could "recurring" mean that she gets MORE scenes? *lol* I mean, Carson got less when he was made a regular from recurring. Heh. Then again, we'd enjoy that, and TPTB don't enjoy us enjoying the show.
                  sigpic

Comment

originally posted by i found forever

Crack
                    LMAO.....Roryj spit out juice and I spit out my yummy chai tea. If I have to replace my keyboard, I'm sending you the bill

Happy Posting
                    Faithstars
                    It doesn't matter what you believe in, just believe in something. I believe in myself, in others, in Love, in peace and Health and well-being for ALL.....

Comment

Originally posted by leelakin View Post
                      Crack in their collective skull, y0.
                      I just have to reach the Zen point. =_= I'm almost there, since the headache can't get worse, anyway. *lol*
                      With the logic of TPTB... could "recurring" mean that she gets MORE scenes? *lol* I mean, Carson got less when he was made a regular from recurring. Heh. Then again, we'd enjoy that, and TPTB don't enjoy us enjoying the show.
                      I don't know, even if she DID end up in more scenes... it just seems like such an insult. To the character, to Torri, and to her legion of fans. Elizabeth doesn't belong in the background.

I'm so disheartened...

Leela, I'm with you. I'm going to try to have something to (hopefully) cheer us up a bit Monday or Tuesday. After "Sunday" airs, when we'll probably all need it.

*thinks happy thoughts*
                      *SparkySparkySparkySparkySparkySparkySparkySparkySparkySparky...* Thanks for the mantra, Anjirika.

Sparky on youtube

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                        The best thing that could possibly happen is that someone who respects their cast, the way Joss Whedon does, gets their hands on the show. We know that's not going to happen, but hearing him talk about the Firefly cast, and how he wanted to do the movie because his actors deserved to be the stars they were capable of being -- that's someone who you have to respect. That's someone who understands how rare a good cast is.
                        OMG i so Agree get Joss Wheldon in here.. i Think if that happened we would notice major changes. More so in the way that TPTB are holding the actors back in a character development. Joss Wheldon would be like "hey What the Heck go for it". i think we would find that if that happened we would have more and better ratings. actually have more character development and have the TPTB stop jerking everyone around.

ok ive had my little rant

Spoiler:
                        Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                        Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by mcat View Post
                          Leela, I'm with you. I'm going to try to have something to (hopefully) cheer us up a bit Monday or Tuesday. After "Sunday" airs, when we'll probably all need it.

*thinks happy thoughts*
                          *SparkySparkySparkySparkySparkySparkySparkySparkySparkySparky...* Thanks for the mantra, Anjirika.
                          Hohoho, don't even get me started on "Sunday".
                          Through David Hewlett's interview we already know for SURE
                          Spoiler:
                          that Carson will actually DIE, not "disappear".

I'm gonna raise hell in that episode thread. D: *shakes fist*
                          sigpic

Comment

my god what are tptb doing?!
                            Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                            Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Leelakin post your sparky/msr essay. I need happy, because right now I'm sad.
                              sigpic
                              My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by leelakin View Post
                                Hohoho, don't even get me started on "Sunday".
                                Through David Hewlett's interview we already know for SURE
                                Spoiler:
                                that Carson will actually DIE, not "disappear".

I'm gonna raise hell in that episode thread. D: *shakes fist*
                                Spoiler:
                                Thereby contradicting everything they've been trying to tell us. Right. Of course.

I guess I'll be sending dear Carson over to my preferred AU, where Peter still mans the control room, and Kolya still plots villainous things... and Carson takes care of everyone... and Lizzie and John have pretty babies... *cough*

Sparky on youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X