No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Bladefanatic, am loving the fics! Are you Ronon's cuz or something, seem to like knives? I'm glad this thread is chockablock full of really talented writers and video-makers.

Since it's quiet Sparky discussion-wise, thought I throw out something I read in another thread. They were talking about politics in Atlantis and just how much the expedition is affected by Earth politics. One poster (non-shipper, I think) made a comment that Weir "protects" Sheppard from all the politics so he can just focus on accomplishing his missions. I thought "wow, never thought of it that way!" We always talk about John being physically protective of Elizabeth but not the other way round. I like this give and take business. They really do look after each other because Elizabeth is a very powerful figure in her own right. She hand-picked an International expedition, has the US president's ear, called the shots with generals and Goa'ulds and is gifted in the arts of diplomacy and linguistics. What do you think? Do you think that's true?

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

I like that idea too. They both have their strengths in different areas, it would be a logical conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnikins
        Hey Bladefanatic, am loving the fics! Are you Ronon's cuz or something, seem to like knives? I'm glad this thread is chockablock full of really talented writers and video-makers.

Since it's quiet Sparky discussion-wise, thought I throw out something I read in another thread. They were talking about politics in Atlantis and just how much the expedition is affected by Earth politics. One poster (non-shipper, I think) made a comment that Weir "protects" Sheppard from all the politics so he can just focus on accomplishing his missions. I thought "wow, never thought of it that way!" We always talk about John being physically protective of Elizabeth but not the other way round. I like this give and take business. They really do look after each other because Elizabeth is a very powerful figure in her own right. She hand-picked an International expedition, has the US president's ear, called the shots with generals and Goa'ulds and is gifted in the arts of diplomacy and linguistics. What do you think? Do you think that's true?
        LOL Actually my name came because I first entered a message board for the love of the show Witchblade...and...wahla.. Bladefanatic.

I never really thought about how Elizabeth protects John from the politics...but that makes so much sense. She is the one having to make the hard choices. Just like she was the one who sent all the families news of their loved ones death in Letters from Pegasus. They really do have a give and take relationship. They both look out for each other. Elizabeth is what keeps Atlantis going....sure she nees everyones help, but if she was not there, the whole thing would crumble. I could say the same thing for John, they need each other!

Ok, it is 0400 and I need to get into bed, I have to go to work at the hospital tomorrow ack! Today! LOL
        Love Lorne | Sparky! | Open_Com

Comment

Just a quick post to say Welcome to all newbies, and Happy Birthday to those who have them (within the last couple of days, that is!)

Comment

That's the thing about Shep/Weir. The pairing has brought out a lot of writers. I'm sure the vids are good, too, but my computer is too old and too slow for me to really get into them!

Comment

I like this idea, but I'd phrase it differently. Instead of protection, I'd characterize it as fighting each other's battles. Elizabeth fought for him where he couldn't in Intruder, and he fights her battles when they require military strength. But yeah, interesting points here. I like how they're wiling to use each other's differing strengths now, as I don't think they really trusted each other enough for that in the very beginning. But now, she'll follow his lead in military action, and he'll let her do the political wrangling when it's needed.
              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
              Last update: 14 April 2006
              Melyanna's Multimedia
              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                That's the thing about Shep/Weir. The pairing has brought out a lot of writers. I'm sure the vids are good, too, but my computer is too old and too slow for me to really get into them!
                Yeah, I've been involved in a few different fandoms and ships before, some of them quite large, and I've never seen one that drew such a large percentage of high-calibre writers and artists. Just another thing I love about Shep/Weir.
                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                Last update: 14 April 2006
                Melyanna's Multimedia
                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Bladefanatic, I've just caught up with your fic. I love it! Great job!

On another topic, where is Bama?? I haven't seen her around for ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                    I like this idea, but I'd phrase it differently. Instead of protection, I'd characterize it as fighting each other's battles. Elizabeth fought for him where he couldn't in Intruder, and he fights her battles when they require military strength. But yeah, interesting points here. I like how they're wiling to use each other's differing strengths now, as I don't think they really trusted each other enough for that in the very beginning. But now, she'll follow his lead in military action, and he'll let her do the political wrangling when it's needed.

That part I bolded is something I really like about these two. The fact that they had to work up to that trust. I love to watch relationships that have to work a little to get to a certain place. I don't always like that instant connection or instant trust. It's more satisfying to me when two people in any kind of relationship have to work to get somewhere in there relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB
                      That part I bolded is something I really like about these two. The fact that they had to work up to that trust. I love to watch relationships that have to work a little to get to a certain place. I don't always like that instant connection or instant trust. It's more satisfying to me when two people in any kind of relationship have to work to get somewhere in there relationship.
                      I must admit that even as i saw the potential for this ship since the Rising, and as much as i liked what they could get to be, even in my wildest dreams i didn't imagine that by the end of the second season they'd already be this close. Hell, even the way they behaved with eachother on the Intruder exceeded my expectations.
                      In the beginning they might not have been on the same page, but i think they saw something in eachother that showed them that it was worth it to try to get past that which 'caused those few first clashes.
                      I think by now they've understood (at least on a subconcious level) that that which makes them different also completes them and makes them stronger as a team, so they are no longer asking themselves "what the hell is wrong with him/her", but "what is he/she trying to tell me and how can we work on/with that?". They've not only accepted, but also welcomed and embraced those differences.

Comment

Originally posted by HelenT
                        Bladefanatic, I've just caught up with your fic. I love it! Great job!

On another topic, where is Bama?? I haven't seen her around for ages.
                        Thanks so much HelenT! Your stories are great as well.
                        Love Lorne | Sparky! | Open_Com

Comment

Ronnikins:

I picture John and Elizabeth as the couple similar to the one in the movie "Mr. and Mrs. Smith," towards the end. If anyone has seen it, recall the part where they have all their turbo guns and super-duper bullet-proof vests on, and after they have been fighting each other for the majority of the film, they come out and kick eveyone's butts. But how, you ask? By fighting back to back, each fighting on their own front and in their own style.

That's how I see John and Elizabeth taking on any battles for Atlantis, each fighting his or her own front, in their own style. They realize that they can take everyone on at once, if they work together. They have come to know the other well enough now, that they know who can take on what, and how. Even if that involves some petty and amusing fighting in the beginning.
                          My Myspace (doesn't that seem redundant?)

Sig courtesy of Whistler84, R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                            Yeah it's like they finally realized that turning to the other when something falls outside their expertise isn't showing weakness, it's more using the strength of their combined leadership as a whole. I think that by realizing that they do have weaknesses where the other has strengths is beneficial to the city and to their relationship. The trust and just knowing you can count on the other person when you need their help, takes time, and it's nice that they've reached this point.

Also got a fic rec for you. PegIM written by me . It's NC-17, so keep the kiddies away please.

Comment

Originally posted by firedust22
                              Ronnikins:

That's how I see John and Elizabeth taking on any battles for Atlantis, each fighting his or her own front, in their own style. They realize that they can take everyone on at once, if they work together. They have come to know the other well enough now, that they know who can take on what, and how. Even if that involves some petty and amusing fighting in the beginning.
                              I like this analogy and what Mel said, "fighting each other's battles".
                              Better than Weir being "protective" of Sheppard - it smacks of mother hen and Elizabeth is no mother hen to John, that's for sure.

Thought you may be interested in this preview to Sg1 and SGA. Thanks to XJamesX. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=30346
                              It seems
                              Spoiler:
                              the whole SG1 team will be on Atlantis. Some great caps there. I like the look Elizabeth gives Daniel (my sekrit cross-over pair) I'm looking forward to the new seasons now. Am also curious to see Cam and Liz side by side since BB was considered for the role of Shep at one stage. Will there be chemistry?

GateByte! New fic? True to your word, will go to read now. Thanks.

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

I like this analogy and what Mel said, "fighting each other's battles".
                                Better than Weir being "protective" of Sheppard - it smacks of mother hen and Elizabeth is no mother hen to John, that's for sure.

Thought you may be interested in this preview to Sg1 and SGA. Thanks to XJamesX. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=30346
                                It seems
                                Spoiler:
                                the whole SG1 team will be on Atlantis. Some great caps there. I like the look Elizabeth gives Daniel (my sekrit cross-over pair) I'm looking forward to the new seasons now. Am also curious to see Cam and Liz side by side since BB was considered for the role of Shep at one stage. Will there be chemistry?

GateByte! New fic? True to your word, will go to read now. Thanks.
                                Son of a , i think i'm gonna go pay a visit to the rage thread .

Comment

Working...
                                X