Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call him off! QUICK!

Comment

Haven't had caps for a while, so here's one of my favorites.

Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
      Last update: 14 April 2006
      Melyanna's Multimedia
      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

great pic! Great episode! I think I will go watch it again, I really have nothing better to do.

I think what I liked most about that episode was how, even though it was ancient!elizabeth John and Rodney sticked around through the whole thing. Really showed how close the characters had become.
        Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
          Hah, I'm usually that fountain of useless knowledge myself
          Me, too. I can also associate almost anything someone says with something in Stargate. Someone's talking to me and I'm like "Yeah, you know that reminds me of this one episode where bla bla bla..." And they're like, "Where did that come from?" Im seriously getting better though.
          Stargate Addicts - a podcast for the obsessive Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis fan
          My new podcast with Merala Anewan, come check it out. It'll make us happy.

Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.

Lovely sig by Blue Banrigh, thanks again. As for Atlantis X-Treme, that came from my own loopy mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
            Interesting. Got a link to that article, perhaps?

Being a big brother mysellf, I really liked the relationship Simon and River had. I loved what it said about how important family is, and what lengths to go for it.

I am a treasure trove of useless information. Good point about setting the possibilty up on SG-1 last season.

grrr...I was fine, I felt I could would patiently for the new season. Now these pictures start dropping, and I can't wait!!!!!1!1!11!one! (where's an angry smiley when you need one?)

Nice glasses Ford's got there.
            I conclude that spoiler pictures are both good and bad. Good that they make you squee and all fuzzy inside...Bad when you realize you stil have to wait 3 more months for the episode to air. *headwall*
            ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by La'rosh
              Me, too. I can also associate almost anything someone says with something in Stargate. Someone's talking to me and I'm like "Yeah, you know that reminds me of this one episode where bla bla bla..." And they're like, "Where did that come from?" Im seriously getting better though.
              Not the only one... Stargate is mentioned on a daily basis for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                Not the only one... Stargate is mentioned on a daily basis for me.
                Hehe. I think I'd go crazy if I didn't mention Stargate on a daily basis. Or there'd just be three less fries in my happy meal. I just had to say that. But, since I don't eat happy meals, it doesn't really appy. But who cares? Anything for Stargate.
                Stargate Addicts - a podcast for the obsessive Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis fan
                My new podcast with Merala Anewan, come check it out. It'll make us happy.

Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.

Lovely sig by Blue Banrigh, thanks again. As for Atlantis X-Treme, that came from my own loopy mind.

Comment

I've been reading 'Finding Serenity: Anti-heroes, Lost Shepards and Space Hookers in Joss Whedon's Firefly'. And two of the essays touch upon some recent topics in this thread, adults in relationships and the lack of platonic relationships on television. (There is a point to this post other than a shameless plug for Firefly)

This quote struck me:
                  By showing real people in tough situations, but offering both their joy and their anger, he's [Joss] is highlighting imperfections. He's stating, clearly, that there are no perfect people. Without perfect people, there is no such thing as perfect love. Instead, there are flawed, imperfect people - and in Wash and Zoe, the flaws mesh, rather than clash.
                  Do Sheppard's and Weir's flaws mesh or clash?

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12
                    Call him off! QUICK!
                    Oh great, I forget to put Jor back in his kennel, didn't I? I hope he didn't cause too much damage.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                      I've been reading 'Finding Serenity: Anti-heroes, Lost Shepards and Space Hookers in Joss Whedon's Firefly'. And two of the essays touch upon some recent topics in this thread, adults in relationships and the lack of platonic relationships on television. (There is a point to this post other than a shameless plug for Firefly)

This quote struck me:

Do Sheppard's and Weir's flaws mesh or clash?
                      I think they mesh. I think that they sometimes clash, as in HZ, but for the most part their flaws compliment each other. We never got to see how Wash and Zoe got together in Firefly but we saw that in the beginning that Zoe said she didn't like Wash. I think they probably clashed at first and then they began to mesh. I think good relationships are founded on two people whose strengths and weaknesses balance each other. With Sheppard and Weir in the beginning her strengths lead her to see his strengths and she put her faith in him. In HZ their weaknesses made them clash with one another but his strength helped saved the day and her strength was in the way she chose to deal with the clash they had. That is why I think they mesh. Other people, like Sumner, Bates and possibly this new guy Caldwell are going to clash with Sheppard because their flaw is their rigidness and that clashes directly with Sheppard's 'flaw' of taking matters into his own hands. In fact I don't necessarily think it is always a 'flaw' with Sheppard, sometimes it can be a strength. That's where the meshing comes in again. With Weir, Sheppard's 'flaws' can actually translate into strengths because Weir is able to be flexible enough to ultimately handle them. Weir's flaws in HZ were about her indecision and hesitancy in taking action and that's where in a sense Sheppard's 'flaws' actually came into play in a postive way because he was able to force the decisons and take the action she wasn't capable of. Weir helps Sheppard to pause and think when he needs to and Sheppard helps Weir to act when she needs to. The sign of a good partnership is where each individual is improved by their relationship with the other. Sheppard and Weir have grown over the course of season 1, although this is partly due to the situations they have had to deal with, it is also due to the impact they have had on each other.
                      ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
                      FBI - Body Preservation Division

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                        Cut off or not (which may or may not be the case come next season), the regulations apply differently to the Atlantis expedition, because the military is really just a contingent in it. But Sheppard/Teyla has the same problem as Sam/Jack: a relationship between a civilian and an officer in command over him or her is still prohibited.

Of course, what appeals to a lot of us with Sheppard/Weir is that the reverse is not true. There's no regulation prohibiting a relationship between an airman and his civilian commander. There's a question of ethics and professionalism, of course, but there wouldn't be a court-martial specifically because of the relationship.

(Wow, I sound like I swallowed the Uniform Code.)
                        Really?

*Oma's getting excited - (chants) no regs no regs no regs no regs *

Sorry - got a little overwhelmed there for a moment

Feel free to swallow the handbook anytime
                        sigpic

Comment

Smallgirl. . .I was going to post something similar. . .but you said it better!

Both Shep and Weir have their flaws. . but not the same flaws. One's flaw is another's strength. Good compliment for each other's leadership style.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Shameless plugging time — I'll probably respond to Blue Banrigh's awesome prompt later.

Marimba, who's posted here a few times, has been gracious enough to host my vids. I've got two Atlantis vids up here if anyone's interested.
                            Last edited by Melyanna; 20 April 2005, 08:16 AM.
                            Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                            Last update: 14 April 2006
                            Melyanna's Multimedia
                            Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Blue Banrigh ~ I absolutely *LUV* your ever changing sig pics. Nice. Very nice.
                              "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
                              "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
                              Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
                              Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
                              "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
                              Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
                              Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
                              (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Originally posted by MartinGero
                                1. Although they have a lot of trust and respect for each other, the burden of leadership has and will continue to cause occasional strife between Sheppard and Weir.
                                I was catching up on the Martin Gero thread and I was amused by the possilbe continue clashing between the two. I thought I'd share.
                                ~Athena

Comment

Working...
                                X