No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the heads-up, Bama! I'm looking forward to the new enemies more and more. And dang, Torri looks gorgeous with the longer hair!

EDIT: And who is that older guy? For half a second I thought it was David Ogden Stiers, but surely not...
    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
    Last update: 14 April 2006
    Melyanna's Multimedia
    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
      Helen, honey you don't need much plot. Whew *wipes brow*. I don't read a lot of fic and I'd never read yours but if this is only your second one, you have to keep writing. I'm going to rec this one here and now. It made me want to write smutfic again (and is it really even that between these two?) and that's saying something since I've sworn off writing anything temporarily. I loved, loved your 'John' voice!!

Fic: Mature readers only

http://helent.livejournal.com/59959.html

And, a belated WELCOME to this wonderful Ship and fandom! These two will make you fall in love with them and never let you go!
      Hi Bama (see I could hug you all over again)

I replied to the comments you left on my LJ. Thanks so much for leaving them and making my day.

*loves sparky and sparky shippers*

Actually, I really mean that. This is not my first fandom, but is by far my favourite and not just because of the searingly hot chemistry between John and Liz. You guys are just the greatest. Even before the fic came into it, I’ve had such a lovely warm welcome, I hardly know what to do with myself.

If I had cake to offer, it’d be on the table. Wine, beer, coffee, croissants?

Originally posted by mirafemina
      All this talk of S1 is reminding how much i LOVE The Storm/The Eye. So much sparky goodness as well as other wonderful moments (brave McKay steps in front of genii for Lizzie, beckett flies the jumper up and over the storm, cute McKay/Zelenka banter... the list goes on). I think this is where the series really started to become a must-see for me. Especially as there are some really dark moments here too (rampageShep, Kolyaaaaaaa).
      I had to quote this because (and I've said it before) these two episodes turned me from an entertained viewer to a fully-fledged fan and devoted shipper. I re-watch them both as often as I can. John’s reaction after being told Liz is dead just grabs me by the throat and makes me want to weep and cheer while he does indeed go on a rampage.

Joe did an outstanding job (in just a few seconds) of showing John’s grief and rage while standing in the rain and trying to get control of his emotions so he can go kill ‘em all.

Sorry, my blood thirsty side just slipped out. *G*

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
        Thanks for the heads-up, Bama! I'm looking forward to the new enemies more and more. And dang, Torri looks gorgeous with the longer hair!

EDIT: And who is that older guy? For half a second I thought it was David Ogden Stiers, but surely not...
        That's his name. I was trying to remember his name when I saw the pics. and came up blank. Why wouldn't it be David Ogden Stiers? I'm pretty sure that's him.

Hee! My brother (who loves to irritate me, as brothers are wont to do) and I once had a conversation that went something like this:

Mel!Bro: You know, I'm all for Sheppard getting all the hot girls he wants–
        Mel: *grumbles*
        Mel!Bro: But we all know he wants Weir.

My sister's visiting in a few days and she's read my Atlantis fic, but hasn't seen the show yet. SHe said she'd watch some eps. with me when she's here.

Comment

You know, it's funny how many people in this thread either came into the show midway or started watching having seen none of the early publicity. They're always surprised to find out that Shep/Weir wasn't planned from day one. Hmm.

Hee! My brother (who loves to irritate me, as brothers are wont to do) and I once had a conversation that went something like this:

Mel!Bro: You know, I'm all for Sheppard getting all the hot girls he wants–
          Mel: *grumbles*
          Mel!Bro: But we all know he wants Weir.

I don't remember Atlantis being publicised at all in Australia before it went to air, except for some advertising on tv. There were no articles that I can recall. My initial take on it was that they obviously wanted us to like Shep/Teyla, but I just couldn't see it. Shep/Weir seemed to make a lot more sense to me.

Hmmm. This is my first post in about 100 years... I've shocked myself...

Comment

I have to agree. I've been around quite a few fandoms, and this particular subgroup of the fandom has some of the most talented writers I've ever come across. I don't know what it is, but this ship has attracted quite a lot of talent in several areas.

(Though I must confess a secret attachment to Weir/Lorne, too, though I'd have to detach myself from the completely impossible ship I've written for him in my West Wing/Stargate crossover. I kind of fell in love with my own creation. But I'm writing Weir/Lorne friendship stuff in the next installment of WW/SG. They're a lot of fun.)
            Melyanna if you ever give into your secret attachment to Weir/Lorne and write a small little fic about it...I would love to read it. ***Ok back to my regular Sparky ship.

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
            That's basically what I'm doing with my latest fic. I'm working on the sequel to my Phoebus/Thalan fic and there's basically just a minor plot to get them together.
            Gwen what was the link for your first story again? I was trying to find it and can't. WhooHoooo!!!! Get busy on the sequel.

Ho! Ho! Ho! And I ain't talkin about me!

It's gifty time!

New pics from Progeny for us to dissect and mutilate!

http://sg-atlantis.emedian.net/s305.html

Edit for WOW:

Spoiler:
            LOOK AT THE LENGTH OF ELIZABETH's HAIR! OMG!!! *pets the gorgeous pics*
            Thanks for the pics Bama!

Welcome HelenT

Love your fics! I will comment on your LJ (I am world_of_blade)
            Love Lorne | Sparky! | Open_Com

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB
              That's his name. I was trying to remember his name when I saw the pics. and came up blank. Why wouldn't it be David Ogden Stiers? I'm pretty sure that's him.
              It really does look like him... but I would have thought we'd have heard about a major guest star like that by now...
              "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
              My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Ho! Ho! Ho! And I ain't talkin about me!

It's gifty time!

New pics from Progeny for us to dissect and mutilate!

http://sg-atlantis.emedian.net/s305.html

Edit for WOW:

Spoiler:
                LOOK AT THE LENGTH OF ELIZABETH's HAIR! OMG!!! *pets the gorgeous pics*

Thanks for the link, Bama! I love her hair like that. Very girly!

Comment

Originally posted by Bladefanatic
                  Gwen what was the link for your first story again? I was trying to find it and can't. WhooHoooo!!!! Get busy on the sequel.
                  Here it is: Transformation

A few warnings: It is NC-17 and Phoebus/Thalan. It is waht I think of as their backstory. Therefore, it contains major spoilers for The Long Godbye.

And don't worry, I sent the first chapter of the sequel to my beta two days ago!

BTW: Can I friend you at LJ?

Spoiler:
                  Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Here it is: Transformation

A few warnings: It is NC-17 and Phoebus/Thalan. It is waht I think of as their backstory. Therefore, it contains major spoilers for The Long Godbye.

And don't worry, I sent the first chapter of the sequel to my beta two days ago!

BTW: Can I friend you at LJ?

Cool. A fic rec! Who are you on LJ??

BTW, does anyone brave Wraithbait and look through all the slash for new Sparky stories? I haven't been in for a while, because the Sparky ones don't seem to be in an order that puts new ones in a prominent place. And I'm not keen on searching through all the Shep/McKay stories!!

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                      BTW, does anyone brave Wraithbait and look through all the slash for new Sparky stories? I haven't been in for a while, because the Sparky ones don't seem to be in an order that puts new ones in a prominent place. And I'm not keen on searching through all the Shep/McKay stories!!
                      *snort* Is that the same 'Wraitbait' site that refused to post my Caldwell angle Sparky story because they felt Caldwell was too "out of character"? LOL Er...Ok...have fun. Great to see you Alyssa!!!!

Comment

Aww! Thanks for the welcome, Bladefanatic!

Also thanks to Bama (and Melyanna on LJ- I’m assuming the poster here is the same as there) for the link to the pics. God! Everyone looks to pretty and I can’t wait for new episodes. What I love about this one so much is…

Spoiler:

How Liz is with Sheppard’s team and working with them to get out of trouble. She so need to get out of the darned office more. *hopes*

Comment

Cool. A fic rec! Who are you on LJ??

I'm gwenhwyfar1984 on LJ. My fics are posted there too but I'm Earllyn on Command Dynamics and FF.net. Confusing I know...

I brave Wraithbait about once a week. It takes a long time but I have found a few good ones.

Spoiler:

Comment

I'm gwenhwyfar1984 on LJ. My fics are posted there too but I'm Earllyn on Command Dynamics and FF.net. Confusing I know...

I brave Wraithbait about once a week. It takes a long time but I have found a few good ones.

Really?? Any links to the good fics?

Comment

*snort* Is that the same 'Wraitbait' site that refused to post my Caldwell angle Sparky story because they felt Caldwell was too "out of character"? LOL Er...Ok...have fun. Great to see you Alyssa!!!!

Yeah, that always amused me. Obviously they think it's not nice to be mean to Caldwell, but it's okay to have two straight characters going at it like... well.... you know...

Comment

Really?? Any links to the good fics?
                                None that I didn't also see later on Command Dynamics or ff.net...sorry.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X