Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First things first: Happy Birthday SGLAB

Great promo. Could this mean promo pics coming soon?

Great vid atlantis_babe34.

Originally posted by lissa1000
    What relationship related thing would make you stop watching sga? I'd be tempted to stop watching if they threw in shippy moments for both Sparky and Sheyla. At this point, I think they need to choose a ship and stick with it. Shippy moments in the Stargates tend to be meaningless anyway and that would make it that much worse.
    I saw a thread to this effect on the Sony board. The replies are hilarious. Some people think Sparky is too in your face. Ha. What are they watching? But interestingly enough, my son who is like his dad and wants more action, says he doesn't understand what I am concerned about. It's just so obvious, Mom. Thanks kid. Oh, and nothing would make me stop watching. Well, maybe genuine slash. I'd just gag and cover my eyes if necessary.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Happy Birthday SGLAB!

FP, where's the mint cake?

xfkirsten, thanks for the promo vid! Eee! I want new episodes NOW!
      ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
      The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Oh God not the Mnt!... g'night guys
        Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
        Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Happy Birthday SG_LAB!!!!!

Kirsten, you ROCK!!!! (Mwhaha, I greenified Kirsten )

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
            I'm still feeling a bit silly that we got a promo where the clips are mostly focused on these two. I'm going to interpret at will.
            They are Atlantis' power couple after all (in case there was any doubt ), i find it encouraging that they're using images of Lizzie on the promotions, and are not ignoring her like happened with season 2. I hope promo pics follow this pattern, maybe they've finally realised that there are in fact quite a few people out there who are fans of Weir.
            Originally posted by gambit
            Spoiler:
            Did anyone notice Shep's hair looked a little "flat" in the clip with Koyla? I think it is actually a little longer
            Thanks xfkirsten for the video, and @gambit, yeah
            Spoiler:
            I notice that too, teh hair looks flat .

I think those shots

Season 3
            Spoiler:
            with the door are from TRW, i found them creepy, when i was capping them they creeped me out, Lizzie looks scary.

Comment

Here are a few quick caps from the promo. A lot of them come out blurry and dark.
              Spoiler:

]

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                I can't view the promo. Only listen to it. Is anybody going to have caps soon? *is very hopeful*
                I can't get it either - might be firewall thingy at work. Will have to check at home tonight.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SG LAB!!!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                  Do you have the latest Divx codec? The video is encoded in Divx 6.0.
                  I had the same trouble as gwen. I don't know about Divx codec. I'm not very computer savvy.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                    Some people think Sparky is too in your face. Ha. What are they watching?
                    That's pretty funny because they haven't had any really shippy scenes except for TLG and that was alien influenced. If anything, Sheyla has been in your face.

I wouldn't mind if they went with Sheyla if they made it more natural. It looks more like forced chemistry to me. Sparky seems more natural to me. I don't blame the lack of chemistry between Sheppard and Teyla on the actors, though. I just don't think tptb are planning it well. It's like a sloppy addition. Kind of like the romance in Epiphany. It's just thrown in there.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                      I can't get it either - might be firewall thingy at work. Will have to check at home tonight.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65...1/mintcake.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SG LAB!!!

OMG, I've never been offered mints before. And mint cake on top of that. I really feel like part of the group now.

Thank you for the happy birthdays.

I saw a thread to this effect on the Sony board. The replies are hilarious. Some people think Sparky is too in your face. Ha. What are they watching? But interestingly enough, my son who is like his dad and wants more action, says he doesn't understand what I am concerned about. It's just so obvious, Mom. Thanks kid. Oh, and nothing would make me stop watching. Well, maybe genuine slash. I'd just gag and cover my eyes if necessary.
                      I've seen shippers and anti-shippers point to scenes in shows where a man and woman saying hello to each other is shippy. The shipper is squeeing and the anti-shipper is gagging over the "shippiness". There's extremism in all groups.

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB
                        I've seen shippers and anti-shippers point to scenes in shows where a man and woman saying hello to each other is shippy. The shipper is squeeing and the anti-shipper is gagging over the "shippiness". There's extremism in all groups.
                        We can't help it, it doesn't matter if Sheppard and Weir are just standing beside eachother, the chemistry between the actors makes every scene no matter how small very enjoyable.
                        I'v some anti-shippers telling me that sparky is too in your face too, those eye-sex scenes, the ending scenes with just the two of them, the music.
                        I remember one anti-ship once begging to put and end to those nasty ending scenes with Sheppard and Weir.
                        I think the moments between S/T, which let's face it aren't much, seem too out of place 'cause you can't have two people having barely two seconds of interaction for episodes in a row, and acting like they couldn't care less about eachother, only to put one odd scene in and try to make it look like "oh, he cares so much".

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                          We can't help it, it doesn't matter if Sheppard and Weir are just standing beside eachother, the chemistry between the actors makes every scene no matter how small very enjoyable.
                          Well, of course when John and Liz say hello to each other it is of course squeeable. I'm using a bit of hypebole I realize, but I've seen comments of moments saying something was shippy when as far as I could see the characters never seemed to even notice each other about 99.99% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                            I'v some anti-shippers telling me that sparky is too in your face too, those eye-sex scenes, the ending scenes with just the two of them, the music.
                            I remember one anti-ship once begging to put and end to those nasty ending scenes with Sheppard and Weir.
                            It's funny how some people see this connection and love it, some hate it, and many just don't see it at all. Makes one wonder if TPTB have intentionally struck a balance or something.

a time to mourn

Comment

Here are a few quick caps from the promo. A lot of them come out blurry and dark.
                              Spoiler:

What's that metal thing on Sheppard's back and leg?
                              Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34
                                hey guys i made a music video a while ago and decided to post it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1KWxpenSzQ

let me know what u think
                                Love the Vid.

and Happy B-Day SGLAB!

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                                About the new promo.

Spoiler:
                                Too much to hope that it's Elizabeth that Sheppard is caught with by the Genii?
                                Probably, but I had a fic idea after watching it that might help. I'll try to finish asap. Been so long since I posted a fic.

The caps are faboo! I so can't wait for the new season. *slaps alarm clock to get the days moving* work, you. WORK!

AL
                                Last edited by A.L.; 23 May 2006, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X