• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luz
    Superheroes *giggles* .

Spoiler:
    *giggles madly* That's so good!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky
      Yeah that and the fact that nobody's perfect and people will always make mistakes. I prefer characters with their failure to perfect but boring people. Even superheroes have their failure so why not ordinary people like Elizabeth and John?
      I think they're just looking for an excuse to fuel their campaign. They've got nothing solid so they just use the pettiest things as reasons.
      hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Anyway, I like to think that he still has family on Earth but that they just aren't in contact anymore. Maybe it has something to do with MENSA. His parents might not have liked the fact he didn't choose to join MENSA and instead went into the Air Force.
        That I doubt. I know more than one person who took the Mensa test out of curiosity and qualified, but didn't join because they just didn't want to. I really don't think that's secret insight into a character, just a nice bit of trivia.

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
        John and Liz BOTH need their hands slapped for some of their actions in season 2, but some fans are really getting into very harsh punishments. Sheesh, if you didn't have conflict and mistakes in judgement it would sure be a boring show.
        Agreed. I typically start rolling my eyes whenever someone suggests demotion or worse, killing off a character. I love these two characters, and a lot of it is because they're very human. It's a bit like loving the main character in The Godfather. He turns out to be a horrible person, but the writing that gets him to that point is incredible.

Being a fan of a character doesn't mean you don't find fault, but I think it does mean that you're willing to look for reasons (not excuses) for those faults. Good characterization is not built upon standing around and looking pretty and never screwing up. It's built upon being human.
        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
        Last update: 14 April 2006
        Melyanna's Multimedia
        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Moomin
          I think they're just looking for an excuse to fuel their campaign. They've got nothing solid so they just use the pettiest things as reasons.
          I think the escenario of their dreams would be that Weir is sent to earth, so that Sheppard (or even better, Teyla) can be put in charge of Atlantis ('cause we know on SGC they'd so do that, right?), and so sheyla can play house together, and 'uncle' Ronon would take care of the beautiful sheyla babies, lol.

Some sparky ('cause i feel like i have a sign stuck on my back begging for strawberry jello, so i better shut up... for now ).

Spoiler:
          Eye-sex of doom and gloom.

Comment

Ah, I feel 10 pounds lighter. I just went over to the "unpopular opinions" thread here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...45#post5296345 and expressed, well...my unpopular opinions. You should try it. They're pretty non-judgmental over there, but I thought I deserved to be represented. As does everyone. Now, some Sparky to round out my good mood.

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Yeah that and the fact that nobody's perfect and people will always make mistakes. I prefer characters with their failure to perfect but boring people. Even superheroes have their failure so why not ordinary people like Elizabeth and John?
              No one wants perfect characters but both John and Elizabeth are in positions of power and many lives depend on them. What was being discussed had nothing to do with shipping or Teyla but to the questionable decisions both Weir and Sheppard have made during the course of season 2. I had issues with some of Weirs decisions and defended her on others. This has NOTHING to do with any pairing and as far as I could see there was nothing said that would lead anyone to believe that.

I don't know why there needs to be name calling and placing posters into the "Sheyla" or "the other side" category. Everyone has their own favourite characters but may have issues with other characters.

Weir is the one making the decisions so she will automatically get blamed for them if they are seen to be questionable or if things go wrong. She has been set to a high standard BECAUSE she is such a position of power. I do expect a lot from her - she doesn't have the luxury of letting her feelings get in the way of doing her job because lives depend on her. She is a trained diplomat and negotiater and should be impartial when dealing with the people under her command this is not always the case.

I don't feel that Sheppard needs to be demoted at all or that Weir needs to be court martialled and I think the majority of posters in both those threads voted that they didn't think so either but some valid points were raised about some of Elizabeths and Johns decisons.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                I think the escenario of their dreams would be that Weir is sent to earth, so that Sheppard (or even better, Teyla) can be put in charge of Atlantis ('cause we know on SGC they'd so do that, right?), and so sheyla can play house together, and 'uncle' Ronon would take care of the beautiful sheyla babies, lol.

Some sparky ('cause i feel like i have a sign stuck on my back begging for strawberry jello, so i better shut up... for now ).

Spoiler:
                Eye-sex of doom and gloom.

i can totally see what you mean by this and i see it to the eyes say it all
                the best formular
                (+)x(+)=
                proud member of ship ship hooray special Ops team

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                  Ah, I feel 10 pounds lighter. I just went over to the "unpopular opinions" thread here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...45#post5296345 and expressed, well...my unpopular opinions. You should try it. They're pretty non-judgmental over there, but I thought I deserved to be represented. As does everyone.
                  You know, I'd post in some of these other threads that are being discussed, but I think it might tax my fandom zen. Knowing me, I'd say something under the influence of antihistamines that I'll regret later.

Also, let's be careful about statements about other fans who might disagree with us. I don't think anything's been said in here that was really out of line, but reminders can't hurt.

And just to lighten the mood...

Continues to be one of my favorites.
                  Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                  Last update: 14 April 2006
                  Melyanna's Multimedia
                  Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                    You know, I'd post in some of these other threads that are being discussed, but I think it might tax my fandom zen. Knowing me, I'd say something under the influence of antihistamines that I'll regret later.

Also, let's be careful about statements about other fans who might disagree with us. I don't think anything's been said in here that was really out of line, but reminders can't hurt.
                    As an objective, non-sparky fan, I gotta say, I didn't see anything wrong with many of the statements here. Everybody's entitled to their opinions, and people just have to learn to "agree to disagree."
                    Last edited by emotionallydisturbed; 17 May 2006, 03:51 PM.
                    Sig by Whistler84, RIP.
                    You believed in me when it seemed only I could. You stood by me when no one else would.
                    Even though we are two friends who did tragically part, I know your loving memory will forever survive in my heart

Poem by Rachel Cooper.

Comment

I kind of like the Unpopular Opinion thread. I'm not very good at debate or having to defend my opinion and I can state what I like and don't like once and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mann One
                        Let the pettiness commence !!!!!!
                        only joking (i think thats suppost to be the smilie weir i can't be too sure though)

It's amazing how terratorial and petty some shippers can be.

This reminds me of an AU season one fic idea i had not too long ago where Sumner takes over as leader, Weir is forced to join sheppards team, they meet Ronon sooner and Teyla returns to the main land to be with her people.
                        And this went no further than an idea?? I wouldn't mind checking it out. *poke poke*

I still like Teyla, very much. Just not with Shep. LONG LIVE SPARKY AND SPANKY!!

AL
                        + = OTP!!
                        + = OTP!!

Comment

Fandom Zen, from now on i'm just going to put all those people on ignore and move on, no need to get myself worked up over petty grievances, if they want to hit the poor thing until it's a grease spot whatever .

Now Sparky, i love that piccy, Lizzie's dark eyeliner phase, and look! mirrorring expressions and all .

EDIT: The unpopular opinions thread is great, it's like therapy, same goes for the rage thread on the off world section .
                          Last edited by Luz; 17 May 2006, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                            Ah, I feel 10 pounds lighter. I just went over to the "unpopular opinions" thread here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...45#post5296345 and expressed, well...my unpopular opinions. You should try it. They're pretty non-judgmental over there, but I thought I deserved to be represented. As does everyone. Now, some Sparky to round out my good mood.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...d/17311d58.jpg
                            You're right! I just did that and I feel a lot better. It was better then the long rant I was planning to write in my LJ.

Sparky pics anyone?

Spoiler:
                            Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Melyanna: Adore that pic. Her hair is so wildly curly in it!

Comment

Actually I don't think it would matter what you posted on the unpopular thread. People have said lots of potentially inflammatory things and very little discussion has come up. Everyone is playing nice like we all should. And if we don't state our opinions outside this thread, they'll never get known.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X