Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emotionallydisturbed
    Thanks for the condolences, but don't feel bad!

Today is a day to celebrate. Whistler's looking down on us right now and CELEBRATING THE NEWS!
    Thanks for letting us know. That is wonderful news indeed. Welcome baby Sana.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by GateByte
      Oh that is absolutely wonderful news. Whistler would be so happy!

And a bit of self-promotion here, latest chapter of my fic is up. Sorry for the long delay, exams kinda got in the way. But I'm on summer break now, so chapters should be up in a more timely matter from here on out. Enjoy!

'Falling' For You: Chapter 4

Links for the other chapters are in there as well, in case anyone wants to catch up .
      Great and cute chapter GateByte. My fic seems to be stuck somewhere in my head at the moment. Chapter 3 just doesn't want to be completed, mainly because of the action scenes and I sucked writing a little bit of action in chapter 2. But while I'm stuck in chapter 3, I already wrote chapters 4 and 5 and am begining 6 tomorrow. I really need some light to finally finish chapter 3. I've got 10 scenes left yet. The good thing is when it is finally over, I'll post up to chapter 6 in a roll.

Great news about the baby emotionallydisturbed. I really hope that such a joyfull occurrance has made Sana's family happier. I'm happy for them too. Pass along the word and paraphrasing Star Trek vulcan mitology "Live long and prosper" to little Sana.
      Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

I became a member on this thread after Whistler/Sana passed away.....I'm truly sorry for eveyone's loss. Good news about the baby! They say that when one door closes, God will open a window.....

I love the looks between Sheppard and Weir most of all, they say more than words usually do...........

Happy Posting
        It doesn't matter what you believe in, just believe in something. I believe in myself, in others, in Love, in peace and Health and well-being for ALL.....

Comment

I'll just sit here in a quiet little corner and try to act rational, the urge to misbehave can be so bad sometimes, lol.

ITA FS, the gazing is one of the things i cherish the most about sparky, it's really enjoyable. That and the zero personal space thing .
          Last edited by Luz; 19 April 2006, 06:17 PM.

Comment

i'm of the opinion thats the subtle way sheppard is telling weir that he's interested

Comment

*Sigh* The way his eyes sparkle a certain way when he's looking at her (and only her), and the tone of his voice reserved only for his Lizzie . I sound corny even to myself, must be the lack of coffee, gotta go to the store .

Comment

Luz- Zero personal space.......Yeah, that can be nice too

Major Zoidberg- I agree.....Sheppard doesn't have a problem being a Ladies Man with other women but, when it comes to Elizabeth.....he's sweeter, a little shy and more subtle. I think that is a sign of deeper feelings.

Happy Posting
                It doesn't matter what you believe in, just believe in something. I believe in myself, in others, in Love, in peace and Health and well-being for ALL.....

Comment

i think sheppard has trust insecurity issues when it comes to deep feelings for women, i think elizabeth scares him

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean_Fan
                    Great and cute chapter GateByte.
                    Yeah I figured I'd angsted (is that a word?) it to death for now, so I thought cute squee-worthy scenes was a good way to go.

My fic seems to be stuck somewhere in my head at the moment. Chapter 3 just doesn't want to be completed, mainly because of the action scenes and I sucked writing a little bit of action in chapter 2. But while I'm stuck in chapter 3, I already wrote chapters 4 and 5 and am begining 6 tomorrow. I really need some light to finally finish chapter 3. I've got 10 scenes left yet. The good thing is when it is finally over, I'll post up to chapter 6 in a roll.
                    Well then we'll all have quite a bit of reading to keep us busy then! Good luck finishing chapter 3, look forward to reading it.

Comment

Posted by Major Zoidberg

I think Elizabeth scares him
                      I totally agree ....why (do you think) he is so scared?

Comment

Originally posted by FaithStars
                        I agree.....Sheppard doesn't have a problem being a Ladies Man with other women but, when it comes to Elizabeth.....he's sweeter, a little shy and more subtle. I think that is a sign of deeper feelings.
                        There's certainly something to be said for how John treats Elizabeth, in contrast with every other woman he comes in contact with. There's the occasional flirting (and whatever else you want to extrapolate) with women off-world, whom he's probably never going to see again after he goes back to Atlantis and thus have absolutely no long-term complications to think about, and his subordinates. Admittedly, we haven't seen many of the latter, but there have been a few. He treats Cadman with a great deal of professionalism and respect for her abilities, the way he treats pretty much any man he deals with. And most of the time, he treats Teyla this way, though occasionally he seems unaware of her existence and sometimes treats her more like a subordinate than usual. (Of course, sometimes she's needed it, just as Ronon has needed to hear an order, but that's another thread.)

But he treats Elizabeth differently. There's a very personal connection between them, with an intimacy tinged with a tiny bit of caution. Their working relationship is almost flawlessly smooth these days, but their personal realtionship has just a tiny bit of tension. It's a beautiful thing to watch, and on this show, it's unique. To John, Elizabeth is in her own category.
                        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                        Last update: 14 April 2006
                        Melyanna's Multimedia
                        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Wow, Melyanna......I couldn't agree more!

Happy Posting

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                            I'll just sit here in a quiet little corner and try to act rational, the urge to misbehave can be so bad sometimes, lol.
                            I know what you mean! Have to slap my itchy little fingers away from the keyboard sometimes before I type something I may regret later on. Luckily, I'm a mature lady who exercises a lot of restraint.
                            *Did I hear somebody choke with disbelief just then? Looks around suspiciously*

Wonderful news regarding Baby Sana. Congratulations! I joined after Whistler's passing but lurked for a time before that. Her warmth and humanity really showed through her posts.

Originally posted by Melyanna
                            But he treats Elizabeth differently. There's a very personal connection between them, with an intimacy tinged with a tiny bit of caution. Their working relationship is almost flawlessly smooth these days, but their personal realtionship has just a tiny bit of tension. It's a beautiful thing to watch, and on this show, it's unique. To John, Elizabeth is in her own category.
                            Agreed with every word. Tried to green you for it but have to spread the love around.

Since John met Elizabeth under unique circumstances, he really has no previous experience on how to treat a woman like her. Somehow or rather I like to think she has gotten under his skin when he wasn't looking. His defence mechanisms weren't brought up and so now he's taking baby steps in his personal relationship with her, hence the caution. There's no denying their professional relationship has more or less been smoothed out, it's the personal one that is the great unknown. It may be two steps forward, one step backward as they become more aware of each other on a more personal level, but hey, as long as they are moving forward then I can be patient.

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna

Great points. Their relationship is and has always been unique. As Bama often notes, there is something quite domestic and comfortable about their exchanges--even early on. In "Suspicion" before Shep and co. head through the gate:
                              Spoiler:

SHEPPARD: Would you like us to bring back anything special?

WEIR: Uh, no thanks.

SHEPPARD: Groceries? New outfit? Flatware?

WEIR: Hmm. No -- just yourselves in one piece, please. (She calls up the Control Room.) Dial it up. (As the Gate starts to dial, she turns back to Sheppard and the others.) Be safe.

*courtesy of GW's transcript http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1...ipts/105.shtml

The comment was light, but it was very cute and definitely not somethign John would ask of a Hammond type figure.

Later,
                              Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Major Zoidberg
                                I could have sworn he was gawping in Coup But then who wouldn't LOL

Did i imagine the rumor about johns feelings for teyla would be confirmed in season 3 cos i've never seen anything between those 2 not even sly gawping

Uhhhhh....I'm sorry, there's a rumor about that?

Did I miss something?

“Le monde a tellement de regrets
                                Tellement de choses qu'on promet.
                                Une seule pour laquelle je suis fait
                                Je t'aimais, je t'aime et je t'aimerai...”

~ Francis Cabrel

Comment

Working...
                                X