No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For reasons unknown I poked my head in the Sheppard/Teyla thread. They're talking about Season 3
    Spoiler:

we'll find out where John's feelings lie? Some ship will be resolved?? what are they talking about and where did they get the info? No one posts links to their sources.
    I put the "M" in stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by stubadingdong
      For reasons unknown I poked my head in the Sheppard/Teyla thread. They're talking about Season 3
      During the season breaks lots of these sorts of rumors come out, usually without attribution, and they are almost always without much meat. I wouldn't put too much stock in the idea of any ship being resolved because resolved sexual tension isn't something that is known for driving ratings.

My advise to you is to stay out of the Sheyla thread, let them enjoy what they see and we can enjoy what we see. Cross posting and getting too bothered by what is said in either thread is just a recipe for unpleasentness.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
        During the season breaks lots of these sorts of rumors come out, usually without attribution, and they are almost always without much meat. I wouldn't put too much stock in the idea of any ship being resolved because resolved sexual tension isn't something that is known for driving ratings.
        I was just curious where it came from, not that I bought it by any means. Nor would I put much stock in any statement regarding shippage, regardless of the source. I haven't much faith in any PTB from any show in that department.

My advise to you is to stay out of the Sheyla thread, let them enjoy what they see and we can enjoy what we see. Cross posting and getting too bothered by what is said in either thread is just a recipe for unpleasentness.
        I usually don't go in there, but sometimes I like to see what others see. I've never posted in there, don't plan to, nor would I ruin their fun. I didn't mean to come off as bothered, since I'm not at all. I was just curious. I've been around shipper wars for years and know full well how to handle them. I would never troll in another thread. To each their own, man. I just thought there was something posted somewhere where I could read for myself and infer my own interpretations of what they were reading.

In no way was my post meant to stir up trouble.
        I put the "M" in stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by stubadingdong
          Spoiler:

we'll find out where John's feelings lie? Some ship will be resolved?? what are they talking about and where did they get the info? No one posts links to their sources.
          MF's right, just leave it alone. I've seen where that claim comes from and, well, it wasn't a very credible site when it comes to spoilers. Lots of random spoilers pop up during hiatus.

Someone posted a quote on a group I belong to a couple days ago that was from Rachel Luttrell – she said that the producers would probably rather not have her say this, but that they do pay attention to what the fans want, and that sometimes things "mysteriously" happen that fans have been talking about. I think we can probably attribute a lot of things from Season 2 to the way fans reacted to the first season. (Like Teyla getting to pull her hair back occasionally! )
          Last edited by Melyanna; 08 April 2006, 10:22 AM.
          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
          Last update: 14 April 2006
          Melyanna's Multimedia
          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
            MF's right, just leave it alone. I've seen where that claim comes from and, well, it wasn't a very credible site when it comes to spoilers.
            Jeez, I only wanted to see the source. That's it. Gah, sorry to have brought it up. I'm not a teenager and really don't need to be told how to handle another ship. It really has nothing to do with it. I just like reading things on my own and drawing my own conclusions.

My apologies.
            I put the "M" in stupid.

Comment

I wasn't meaning to be rude. Sorry for coming off that way. I've edited my post because I hit the post button before I was actually finished. (It's Saturday, so I reserve the right to be a bit of an idiot. )
              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
              Last update: 14 April 2006
              Melyanna's Multimedia
              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                I wasn't meaning to be rude. Sorry for coming off that way. I've edited my post because I hit the post button before I was actually finished. (It's Saturday, so I reserve the right to be a bit of an idiot. )
                No problem. Thank you for clearing it up and answering my original question.

I understand the whole shipper war can be touchy business, but not everything is a battle. At least not for me. As a newbie, I understand no one around here knows that about me so I'm putting it out there now. I ship my ship, respect the other ships, don't get at all the other ships ( ) but c'est la vie. Let all the ships sail peacefully, I say.
                I put the "M" in stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer

Ah the power of hiatus... rumors come from all sides and makes our brains turn in to mush from trying to sort them out. And don't forgot April Fools was a couple of days ago. So I'm sure a bunch of "April Fools" jokes are still floating around and wrecking havoc in some shippers minds.
                  ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
                    No! Mine! *clings*

Shep can borrow her if we can work out some kind of arrangement... but she's mine!
                    Spoiler:

*GASP*

*OMG* John, the crazy fangirls are getting out of control again.

Yeah, i was afraid this was going to happen, sooner or later, it's gotta be the hiatus.

Don't worry baby, i won't let them touch a hair of your pretty curly head.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                      Spoiler:

*GASP*

Yeah, i was afraid this was going to happen, sooner or later, it's gotta be the hiatus.

*falls off chair laughing* Luz, you're evil.

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB
                        I like the little group of Lorne, Ellie, Cadman and Kate. I loved the scene in your previous fic when Ellie first arrives and Cadman tells Lorne to do something and Ellie looks at him and says "Don't you out rank her by like a lot?" and he says. "Most of the time." Just found it inordinantly amusing.

They make for an interesting perspective of Sparky too. How was that for turn things back on topic?
                        Are these Lorne/Ellie/Cadman/Kate fics part of Spygate? Sorry for all the questions, I am still trying to catch up on all of Melyanna's great fics. If they are not part of Spygate, what is the link to them?
                        Love Lorne | Sparky! | Open_Com

Comment

Lizzie: John I'm worride. The shippers are geting restless. They are now talking about locking me up...with them!
                          John: I know 'Lizabeth. But it's between seasons time. You know how they get!
                          Beckett: I have an idea. You distract them.
                          Lizzie: How?
                          Beckett: Well...

Spoiler:

Lizzie and John thinking: Carson has the best ideas!

Spoiler:
                          Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

*can't get back off the floor for laughing, so pulls her keyboard down there*

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                              THIS pic?

I wondered about that as well.
                              I saw from the beginning that he seemed to be more drawn to Elizabeth. I personally think it was because she was the one who wanted him there. John knew that Sumner wanted no part of him, and he also knew that alot of these people had been together some time in Antartica. So in other words he was the "new guy" and he was keeping close to the one person who was somewhat known to him.

I think that alot of their deep friendship came from the fact that she never even brought up his "black mark" (at least not to him) when asking him to come to Atlantis. In some sense she showed faith in his ability to be a good part of her group. (It kind of like when you first started college and you cling to the person who invited you to sit with them at lunch.)

Originally posted by Luz
                              Spoiler:

*GASP*

OMG I am now dead on the floor from laughing!
                              Love Lorne | Sparky! | Open_Com

Comment

Originally posted by Bladefanatic
                                Are these Lorne/Ellie/Cadman/Kate fics part of Spygate? Sorry for all the questions, I am still trying to catch up on all of Melyanna's great fics. If they are not part of Spygate, what is the link to them?
                                They are part of the West Gate AU, West Wing/Stargate Crossover. There are two novel length fics that focus on the Atlantis characters on earth, and the second subset are stories about Bartlet's middle daughter Ellie on Atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                                X