Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr_Fantastic
    I think that in S3, there will be a grand gesture about the status of their relationship. All the small lead ups, as enumerated above, indicate that they are nearing a breaking point of unspoken signs and gestures. Something more substantial, if only a passing remark in Weir's office is needed.
    What kind of passing remark? Not an I Love You I hope. I think it is too soon for that. I'm kinda hoping for maybe a kiss. Nothing big, a quick one on the cheek maybe, after a particulaly bad mission or somehing.

Spoiler:
    Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fantastic
      I think that in S3, there will be a grand gesture about the status of their relationship. All the small lead ups, as enumerated above, indicate that they are nearing a breaking point of unspoken signs and gestures. Something more substantial, if only a passing remark in Weir's office is needed.
      . . .with a nice hand squeeze.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
        What kind of passing remark? Not an I Love You I hope. I think it is too soon for that. I'm kinda hoping for maybe a kiss. Nothing big, a quick one on the cheek maybe, after a particulaly bad mission or somehing.
        Oh i'll join you there, no 'I love you's please, it's much too soon, and i don't think the characters are quite there yet. I wouldn't want to see the characters being forced into doing something or saying somethng they don't mean. And i know they're just characters on t.v show and they do and say what's written, but we know them well, and if something is said that's OC we'll know.
        I don't need huge heavy flashing red 'glow in the dark' anvils for my ship thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
          Oh i'll join you there, no 'I love you's please, it's much too soon, and i don't think the characters are quite there yet. I wouldn't want to see the characters being forced into doing something or saying somethng they don't mean. And i know they're just characters on t.v show and they do and say what's written, but we know them well, and if something is said that's OC we'll know.
          I don't need huge heavy flashing red 'glow in the dark' anvils for my ship thank you very much.
          No 2 X 4's huh?

I agree, I hope they continue just having subtle romantic relationships between all the characters next season, I think it's still too soon for anything major. And the chase is always more fun than the catch! Maybe another hug, or a kiss on the cheek like Gwenhwyfar said.
          Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

DEFINITELY NOT an "I Love You". Nobody is ready for that. What I meant by 'passing remark' was something like "I was really worried about you, you know" or something like that.

Great Sig by Bella

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisrocks
              No 2 X 4's huh?

I agree, I hope they continue just having subtle romantic relationships between all the characters next season, I think it's still too soon for anything major. And the chase is always more fun than the catch! Maybe another hug, or a kiss on the cheek like Gwenhwyfar said.
              No, no 2 X 4's, lol.
              Yeah, another hug, but this one iniciated by Sheppard, i was thinking maybe an instance when he sees Weir really down (what with everything that's been going on, though choices she's had to make) she didn't look well in Allies. So he goes looking for her tries to talk to her, but she won't talk, so he holds her hand and kind off pulls her into a hug. Something like that, a kiss on the cheek would be good too, and so sweet. He's had his fair share of kisses, but i bet something as simple as him kissing Elizabeth on the cheek would blow all those kisses. Mere instinctual satisfaction of primal desires cannot compare to sharing an intimate touch with someone with whom you share a truely unique bond.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisrocks
                No 2 X 4's huh?

Yeah, I like how our ship has been kept subtle. No need wrecking it with saying things we know they are not yet ready to say. I'm all for a hug or a kiss on the cheek. Just something to show they are becoming closer.

Comment

Originally posted by GateByte
                  Yeah, I like how our ship has been kept subtle. No need wrecking it with saying things we know they are not yet ready to say. I'm all for a hug or a kiss on the cheek. Just something to show they are becoming closer.
                  ITA, I also think no I love you's at this time, perhaps season 5, I guess later would be too late and sooner too soon, but I've got nothing against another hug or a touch of relief, so to speak, like caressing the top of her hand while seated at her desk. I can see this image on the next chapter of my fic... *wonders in dreamland*

I just realised that I haven't posted my thoughts on Duet, Condemned or Trinity yet. I'll keep on topic.

Duet:
                  I didn't like this episode for Shep/Weir ship. It only showed to me that Shep can still manipulate Weir to OK what he wants.
                  Spoiler:
                  She was clearly not happy with the Ronon idea after talking to him, but Shep convinced her.
                  I don't know, on my eyes she seemed weak on that episode and I didn't like it !!!!

Condemned:
                  That's my Liz the way I like her, decided and strong, a true girl for a guy like Shep. Awesome episode for Shep/Weir worry and care, but unfortunately more on Weir's end than Shep's. Great anyway !!!! Does anybody else miss The Eye????

Trinity:
                  Weir was good in this episode too and so was Shep. It was really a episode about trust issues among the main caracters and the only relantionship not tainted in the end was the one between this two. You can throw whatever their way and they will stand by each other's side till the bitter end. Loved this episode overall !!!!! Humble Rodney was priceless !!!!

If you think I should put more spoiler tags somewhere let me know...
                  Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

I also think no I love you's at this time, perhaps season 5, I guess later would be too late and sooner too soon
                    Aparantly, it's already too late. Scientists have theorised that it takes 1 year to fall in love, so in that case we should have had a declaration along with the hug

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                      Aparantly, it's already too late. Scientists have theorised that it takes 1 year to fall in love, so in that case we should have had a declaration along with the hug
                      They have theorized about this? Meep. That's quite humbling, actually. Hmm...something to think about.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                        But how do we know it really has been one year? Time could move differently. Like on LOST. We may only have seen six months! No character has said "Well we have been here one year..." And are we counting Pegasus Galaxy years or Earth?

And those scientists have way too much time on their hands...

Spoiler:
                        Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                          They have theorized about this? Meep. That's quite humbling, actually. Hmm...something to think about.
                          The version of this that I heard was that the hormone that produces the "in love" feeling (often linked with attraction) lasts about a year and a half. So as many here have said, being "in love" and being attracted to someone are all well and good, but it eventually goes, whether it's the result of a hormone no longer being produced, or the effects of age on the human body making it less attractive. You've got to have something besides physical attraction for a relationship to last very long.
                          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                          Last update: 14 April 2006
                          Melyanna's Multimedia
                          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

But how do we know it really has been one year? Time could move differently. Like on LOST. We may only have seen six months! No character has said "Well we have been here one year..." And are we counting Pegasus Galaxy years or Earth?

It's called government grants. And, well, in Siege II, Elizabeth said it had been "several months" since they'd gotten there. In Allies it was stated that the Wraith had been awakened more than two years earlier. Given the fact that the character who said that wasn't from Earth, it's hard to gauge what his basis for measuring time was, but one Stargate season usually covers approximately one year. It's not like BSG or Lost.
                            Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                            Last update: 14 April 2006
                            Melyanna's Multimedia
                            Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Hmm, I was sure a time reference was mentioned somewhere...in season two I think. I remember 'knowing' that season 1 took place just under a year but by the end of season 2 it had been two years. Or I could just be making that up

Oh please, no! I tried thinking about relative time once and my head almost exploded

When they are spending vast ammounts figuring 'love' and how to make the perfect paper aeroplane, I totally agree.

How would y'all feel if we were to get them holding hands on a somewhat regular basis and exhibiting other intimate actions throughout season three, but not actually have a scene that detailed the nature of their relationship?
                              Last edited by SallyLizzie; 23 March 2006, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                                one Stargate season usually covers approximately one year
                                Except for when they decide that six seasons actually happened over four years
                                And, well, in Siege II, Elizabeth said it had been "several months" since they'd gotten there. In Allies it was stated that the Wraith had been awakened more than two years earlier
                                Thx for clearing that up Mel. Knew I'd heard it somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X