Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Athenaktt
    But after "The Tower". "Sanctuary" is one of the more tolerable episodes.
    Thank god I haven't seen S2 yet. Now I know which episode to avoid
    Any others?

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnikins
      Thank god I haven't seen S2 yet. Now I know which episode to avoid
      Any others?
      well be careful of Epiphany... though the ending of that is ..just.. *thud* really sparky and
      Spoiler:
      Lizzie goes off world!
      and that is always AWESOME!

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
        yes yes.... Storm/Eye rule my world! We need more episodes like that. And pooryou guys... you had to wait 4 months to get to see whether or not Koyla would shoot Liz.. I'm kinda glad I wasn't a sparky back then. The wait would have killed me
        I was kinda lucky. I was behind a bit on season 1, so I didn't end up getting to see the Storm until a couple weeks before the Eye aired. I wasn't a full-blown sparky then like I am now, but even still that short wait was enough to drive me almost crazy. I don't know how I would have been able to hold on for 4 months.

I mean I love cliffhangers, just because they're always tense and whatnot. But once I've seen one half, I hate waiting for the second. Kinda like I'm feeling right now since I just finished watching SG1's season finale (awesome by the way).

Comment

LMAO!!
          Treatment for SOS Disorder:

Mild Disorder: Where one watches all episodes 5 times at most, reads and views all Sparky fiction and videos and dreams of fluffy plot scenarios where Sparky finally becomes canon.
          This category has the greatest success rate of cure which is long term therapy, real life and patience.

Moderate Disorder: one watches only Sparky episodes and loop certain scenes several times. Writes fanfic and creates videos to satisfy their cravings. Want to see more Shep/Weir angsting.
          For this there is an experimental drug called TPTB. This has been trialled once before (SG1 trial). This experiment had undesirable side effects. The main one being severe depression. Hopefully this has been improved upon.

Severe Disorder: one only loops certain scenes in certain episodes innumerable times (even know the count frame by heart). Not only writes/edit Sparky fics and videos but aggressively demand MORE from others. Serious,very serious Shep/Weir whumpage
          The prognosis is not good. Even very high doses of TPTB will not help. These patients usually suffer from unexpected side effects. One known therapy is another favourable ship but this is just replacing one obsession with another.

(AKA "The Hopeless Romantic Syndrome")

Dr. Ronnikins
          Great teamwork we've had on this. I think I'm a moderate as of now but could progress to severe by July. I think Hopeless Romantic Syndrome is a prerequisite for SOS.

Too full of real life to think. Have a great evening, morning whatever.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by GateByte
            I was kinda lucky. I was behind a bit on season 1, so I didn't end up getting to see the Storm until a couple weeks before the Eye aired. I wasn't a full-blown sparky then like I am now, but even still that short wait was enough to drive me almost crazy. I don't know how I would have been able to hold on for 4 months.

I mean I love cliffhangers, just because they're always tense and whatnot. But once I've seen one half, I hate waiting for the second. Kinda like I'm feeling right now since I just finished watching SG1's season finale (awesome by the way).
            For me the wait is easier, we have no hiatus here, so i get to see the entire season straight on, and then when the season ends here it starts on the U.S, so i get the spoilers. And when the season ends there it starts here, so i get Atlatis all through the year, lol.
            Right now season 2 just started, this thurday duet was on, awsome episode great Sparky, as i'm seeing the entire season i'm getting the whole picture, i mean seeing a few episodes i'd already gotten the feeling of just how much Sparky has evolved, but seeing it all in sequence it's just amazing. The little touches, the invasion of personal space, the looks, i thought i had gotten a grasp of it by seeing Conversion and Coup and all those other episodes i didn't have enough patience to wait for. I thought i couldn't 'fall in love' with this ship more than i already was, but now i feel more thrilled, even more drawn to this pairing. And this is only after seeing four episodes (ten if we add the ones 'cousin Torrence lend to me ), it's awsome.

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
              But after "The Tower". "Sanctuary" is one of the more tolerable episodes.
              More Space Sluts to Spork!!
              Citizen of Braneville

Comment

LMAO!!
                Treatment for SOS Disorder:

Mild Disorder: Where one watches all episodes 5 times at most, reads and views all Sparky fiction and videos and dreams of fluffy plot scenarios where Sparky finally becomes canon.
                This category has the greatest success rate of cure which is long term therapy, real life and patience.

Moderate Disorder: one watches only Sparky episodes and loop certain scenes several times. Writes fanfic and creates videos to satisfy their cravings. Want to see more Shep/Weir angsting.
                For this there is an experimental drug called TPTB. This has been trialled once before (SG1 trial). This experiment had undesirable side effects. The main one being severe depression. Hopefully this has been improved upon.

Severe Disorder: one only loops certain scenes in certain episodes innumerable times (even know the count frame by heart). Not only writes/edit Sparky fics and videos but aggressively demand MORE from others. Serious,very serious Shep/Weir whumpage
                The prognosis is not good. Even very high doses of TPTB will not help. These patients usually suffer from unexpected side effects. One known therapy is another favourable ship but this is just replacing one obsession with another.

(AKA "The Hopeless Romantic Syndrome")

Dr. Ronnikins
                This is kinda fun . Think I've got a Moderate Disorder, but it'll probably progress into a severe disorder the closer we get to July. I probably won't be able to watch S3 until September when I get back from my summer break . The anticipation is already gnawing at me, and its still only March! At least there's fanfic to tide me over a bit until then.

Comment

well be careful of Epiphany... though the ending of that is ..just.. *thud* really sparky and
                  Spoiler:
                  Lizzie goes off world!
                  and that is always AWESOME!
                  hehe... it is soooo AWESOME!!!!! and i love the shippyness at the end!!!!!
                  ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
                    hehe... it is soooo AWESOME!!!!! and i love the shippyness at the end!!!!!
                    Yeah the (Epiphany)
                    Spoiler:
                    beard comment, so cute "Well – the beard is interesting", her flirty tone, the arched eyebrow, and the twinkle in her eyes .

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                      Yeah the (Epiphany)
                      Spoiler:
                      beard comment, so cute "Well – the beard is interesting", her flirty tone, the arched eyebrow, and the twinkle in her eyes .
                      I absolutely loved that part of Epiphany! It was sooo cute.

Comment

mmm.... Epiphany...

Comment

That's the look!

Sheppard looks grumpy, the beard must have been itchin', lol.

Comment

Hi guys,

OK, I confess. Really dumb newbie question coming your way: do the reputation points you receive give you the right to do something on the forum or it's just to know if your posts are well liked across the board or not?

And Luz, it's the same schedule for Atlantis here were I live. When S2 finishes here, S3 will be beginning in the US and Canada and when it finishes there it begins here. In the meanwhile, I think we are gonna get SG-1 S9 like we got S8 after Atlantis S1 before the rerun of the back half of S2 to continue with S3. Also no midseason clifhangers only the final one...
                            Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                              For me the wait is easier, we have no hiatus here, so i get to see the entire season straight on, and then when the season ends here it starts on the U.S, so i get the spoilers. And when the season ends there it starts here, so i get Atlatis all through the year, lol.
                              Right now season 2 just started, this thurday duet was on, awsome episode great Sparky, as i'm seeing the entire season i'm getting the whole picture, i mean seeing a few episodes i'd already gotten the feeling of just how much Sparky has evolved, but seeing it all in sequence it's just amazing. The little touches, the invasion of personal space, the looks, i thought i had gotten a grasp of it by seeing Conversion and Coup and all those other episodes i didn't have enough patience to wait for. I thought i couldn't 'fall in love' with this ship more than i already was, but now i feel more thrilled, even more drawn to this pairing. And this is only after seeing four episodes (ten if we add the ones 'cousin Torrence lend to me ), it's awsome.
                              WORD to the millionth power, Luz!

Their relationship has changed so much and as each ep comes along, it gets better and better (don't mind the kirking, just use a blind eye on this ), like savoring a delicious Starbucks coffee slowly on a beautiful morning sip by sip. Their closeness and inexplicable bond just wants you to see more and more... and one would start to think "there's has to be more than this!". A lot of us Sparkys agree that you can't picture one without the other, they just complete each other. Slow and burning is better than Rushed, because if you are rushed, things are fleeting and you miss out a lot on the important details!

So, enjoy the ride through Season two.

Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice
                              From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire.
                              But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate
                              To say that for destruction ice is also great and would suffice.
                              Robert Frost, Fire and Ice

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean_Fan
                                OK, I confess. Really dumb newbie question coming your way: do the reputation points you receive give you the right to do something on the forum or it's just to know if your posts are well liked across the board or not?
                                Not really. The only thing you could call a perk of a high reputation is that you give more points per post. Though I think you actually get some privileges revoked if your reputation is low enough. But that's really, really, really low.
                                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                                Last update: 14 April 2006
                                Melyanna's Multimedia
                                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X