No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember Mel and I having a conversation about a possilbe theme for Sheppard and Weir. Mel pointed out that there were three chords that was played both in "The Eye" and "The Siege 2". I can't remember exactly what we said, maybe Mel can come by later and explain what she said. If she can still remember.
    ~Athena

Comment

Okay...just some fun speculation here. But what do you think is going to happen when John gets back to Atlantis and he and Weir see eachother?

A hug? Just words? A look? Grip hands maybe?

Just curious what everyone thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
        Okay...just some fun speculation here. But what do you think is going to happen when John gets back to Atlantis and he and Weir see eachother?

eyese...x...oh wait pg forum...I mean gazefest.
        ~Athena

Comment

Hey, that's cleaner than it gets called at LJ.

Hmm. I think there needs to be some physical contact, really. They're all about the gazefests, and they do talk a lot, but at that point I think they'll need some physical confirmation that they're both still alive. Call it a doubting Thomas moment, but even just touching hands would be enough.

...though I wouldn't object to clingy hugs.

Anyway, yeah, there's a theme that could be identified as the Sheppard/Weir theme. I haven't watched the early episodes recently, but the first time I remember it was during the stairwell scene in The Eye. If you listen carefully, you can hear the Atlantis main theme played slowly on violins. (This, by the way, is the same general idea of the Sam/Jack theme in SG-1. It was particularly prominent in Point of View, if I'm remembering correctly.) It appears again in the gate room scene, somewhat altered. The major part of it that has recurred is three or four chords, one with some intense dissonance. I know that in Siege II, that dissonance shows up when Elizabeth's telling John to go. It's heavy in horns, and in an episode filled with percussion, the drums are nonexistent. The same thing struck me in The Eye, which also had a percussion-heavy score, except for those two scenes. (In that one, though, it's all in the strings rather than the French horns.)

As for what I'd choose for an ideal Sheppard/Weir theme? It would be most of the soundtrack of The Shawshank Redemption. The music is so filled with darkness, but there's hope too, and that's what this relationship is about to me. Hope.

(And those of you who read Eshu are now bashing your heads against something, because I went really heavy on that theme in the end of the story. )
          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
          Last update: 14 April 2006
          Melyanna's Multimedia
          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7

She's gonna look at him, give her little smirk and say "it's good to have you back John"
            sigpic
            Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Then she'll probably turn around and sigh with relief, like in 38 Minutes.

Or he'll say : "It's good to be back home" and they'll both smile at each other
              Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Florence: Your sig says it all Intense gazing will be enough....

“I know how Sheppard can be,” “He’s an incredibly strong man,” “and Elizabeth is his weakness. He doesn’t know how to handle that.”
                - Rodney to AU Elizabeth : quote from PeanutButterer`s The Other Side

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                  Then she'll probably turn around and sigh with relief, like in 38 Minutes.

Or he'll say : "It's good to be back home" and they'll both smile at each other
                  Yeah probably...but I'd love to see a hug!! Like a "oh my god you're OK" kind of hug, just really quickly....or u know, longer

Originally posted by Melyanna
                  Anyway, yeah, there's a theme that could be identified as the Sheppard/Weir theme. I haven't watched the early episodes recently, but the first time I remember it was during the stairwell scene in The Eye. If you listen carefully, you can hear the Atlantis main theme played slowly on violins. (This, by the way, is the same general idea of the Sam/Jack theme in SG-1. It was particularly prominent in Point of View, if I'm remembering correctly.) It appears again in the gate room scene, somewhat altered. The major part of it that has recurred is three or four chords, one with some intense dissonance. I know that in Siege II, that dissonance shows up when Elizabeth's telling John to go. It's heavy in horns, and in an episode filled with percussion, the drums are nonexistent. The same thing struck me in The Eye, which also had a percussion-heavy score, except for those two scenes. (In that one, though, it's all in the strings rather than the French horns.)
                  Yeah sounds like the same music...the first one would make more sense to be played on violin due to the "relief" of them being safe, as where the deeper instruments used for the second one show more drama...

We'll see what happens when they reunite in Siege Part 3

I hope at least there's something, no just like "John's here" "oh good!" and no real recognition of the big "You can't" scene...cos that'd suck majorly...

Comment

Originally posted by Angel of Fire SG1
                    Yeah probably...but I'd love to see a hug!! Like a "oh my god you're OK" kind of hug, just really quickly....or u know, longer
                    Didn't say I wouldn't love to see a hug, quick or long one
                    Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by seetheship
                      Florence: Your sig says it all Intense gazing will be enough....
                      Yeah, intense gazing, a small smile, it will be enough... for now

Comment

Well why don't we go with the old fanfic cliché- Elizabeth goes over to John and smacks him on the head saying,'You're an idiot for putting yourself in danger like that'. But then she suddenly grabs his head for a Passionate Kiss

Agree with Florence, intense gazing would be appropriate
                        Last edited by Watters87; 29 March 2005, 06:22 AM.

Comment

As much as I'd loved physical contact, I think it's too early in the relationship. More than likely we will get something from Elizabeth like..."Welcome home, Major" and "It's good to be home" from Sheppard with a deep heartfelt gaze. I'll take it at this point.
                          -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87
                            Well why don't we go with the old fanfic cliché- Elizabeth goes over to John and smacks him on the head saying,'You're an idiot for doing for putting yourself in danger like that'. But then she suddenly grabs his head for a Passionate Kiss
                            Oh that would be so funny if that happened! I'd probably fall off my chair in shock

I think I'll go along with those that say there'll be a gazefest, but then one of them is just going to say something and Rodney walks in and interrupts and the moment is gone!!! Good old Rodney

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                              As much as I'd loved physical contact, I think it's too early in the relationship. More than likely we will get something from Elizabeth like..."Welcome home, Major" and "It's good to be home" from Sheppard with a deep heartfelt gaze. I'll take it at this point.
                              My feeling is this scenario will happen when they are re-united. I think there are PTB who realize Shep/Weir have the chemistry, but I feel one or two are still pushing for "Sheyla". . .unfortunately. So the writers are going to be coy and probably give us hints at both "ships". . .unless they've finally made up their minds which "ship" to go with in season 2.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Yeah sounds like the same music...the first one would make more sense to be played on violin due to the "relief" of them being safe, as where the deeper instruments used for the second one show more drama...
                                What, French horns can't express relief? *happens to play horn*

I hope at least there's something, no just like "John's here" "oh good!" and no real recognition of the big "You can't" scene...cos that'd suck majorly...
                                I'm hard-pressed to believe that they could ignore it. It'd be like ignoring Jack at the end of Heroes. Elizabeth was just barely holding everything together after that scene. They can't just drop it.

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                                My feeling is this scenario will happen when they are re-united. I think there are PTB who realize Shep/Weir have the chemistry, but I feel one or two are still pushing for "Sheyla". . .unfortunately. So the writers are going to be coy and probably give us hints at both "ships". . .unless they've finally made up their minds which "ship" to go with in season 2.
                                Judging from the way they backed off of Teyla in the second half of the season (with the exception of a couple episodes), I think most of TPTB realized that Teyla really isn't playing as well as they had hoped. Most of the people I know who watch the show find her boring at best. A lot of the suits involved in sci-fi are stuck in the frame of mind that young men watch sci-fi, and they just don't realize that there are a lot of women out there who tend to be the more loyal viewers. So Teyla is aimed at that demographic, when the people who respond most to the show aren't in that demographic. And again, most of the people I know who watch the show, including those who don't want romance in the series, find Sheppard and Weir's interaction to be the interesting one.

That said, I have hopes of them killing her off by the beginning of Season 3. Season 2
                                Spoiler:
                                This new guy, Ronan Dex, has one of her only characteristics that makes her useful, which is knowing the Pegasus galaxy. He probably knows it better than she does. So that's about half of her character made redundant. Part of the reason for getting rid of Grodin (I think) was that he and Zelenka served much the same roles.

Anyway, in one of the early episodes of next season, Sheppard and Teyla are supposed to be tied up together, but it seems that Teyla actually connects with the new guy. He ends up telling most of his life story to her, at least. Here's hoping.
                                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                                Last update: 14 April 2006
                                Melyanna's Multimedia
                                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X