Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Angel of Fire SG1
    Oh yeah, Martin Gero was talking bout Rachel for like 10 minutes...all the way through the perfect chance to comment of John and Elizabeth's relationship (even if it were the plantonic version of it)
    he was talking about how she's pure muscle and could whip his a$$

Sure all the blowing up stuff is great, but ending it on the personal level that they did made the episode for me.
    Had they ended it on stuff blowing up I probably woulda been like "Yeah, OK...I can wait"

But because they jerked us around using characters I'm like "I WANNA SEE IT!!!"
    Oh yeah, it's like the Mcdonalds' thing in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Arthur Dent couldn't get his head around Earth being destroyed until he realised that the corner Mcdonalds would be no more...we might not relate to Atlantis being under threat, but our beloved characters make it more personal and real to us.

Jings Mel's rubbing off on me...

*shakes head* I really gotta go to sleep I'm sooo tired...can't WAIT for season 2...but first, season 1 starts tonight in Aus!! YAY!
    oh yay, Angel, how was it?

Just as an aside, I was watching Galaxy Quest last night with my friend Itch. I've seen it before, but he hadn't. If anyone hasn't seen it, do, it's extremely funny if you've had anything to do with sci-fi fandom and conventions. Anyway, to make this (sorta on topic), their's a scene at the end where the male lead kisses the female lead, and a shipper promptly faints at the sight. That just blew me away, and I just wanted you all to know that I was thinking of you all at that point!

Comment

What do you think about this?

There was a little interview with Rachel Luttrell in the latest SFX mag. She was asked:-

Does your character still feel as attracted to John Sheppard?
      "Well, Teyla and Sheppard will always have a connection and there will always be more than a friendship there, but what form that closeness will take is anybody's guess. I have no idea what is going to happen."

I tell you what I want to see happen. NOTHING..... that's what!!

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick

oh yay, Angel, how was it?

OMG ASTRO!!! IT WAS SO GOOD!!! It was so so so cool...and I can ad another Sheppard/Weir shipper to my group of friends at school!! YAY!! She claimed they can be her new 'Mulder & Scully'

*grins* I'm so happy

Got all my friends to watch it!!! HEHE!!

And John Sheppard is one hot hot hot man...even hotter than I realised...and I thought he was hot before...

Weir has good taste

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor

There was a little interview with Rachel Luttrell in the latest SFX mag. She was asked:-

"Well, Teyla and Sheppard will always have a connection and there will always be more than a friendship there, but what form that closeness will take is anybody's guess. I have no idea what is going to happen."

Hehe I agree!!! Was watching Rising tonight (as seen in the post above) and I really do not see Teyla & Sheppard ship...it seemed soo forced!!

But that's my personal opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor

Rachel Luttrell is the only person who still talks about Sheppard/Teyla like it's a real possibility. Joe Flanigan has said more than once that they're just friends and that nothing's going to develop in that direction. To be perfectly honest, I think that's just Rachel Luttrell wanting to snog Joe Flanigan. Don't really blame her, but I wouldn't put too much stock in her comments on the subject when everyone else denies it.
            Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
            Last update: 14 April 2006
            Melyanna's Multimedia
            Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
              Rachel Luttrell is the only person who still talks about Sheppard/Teyla like it's a real possibility. Joe Flanigan has said more than once that they're just friends and that nothing's going to develop in that direction. To be perfectly honest, I think that's just Rachel Luttrell wanting to snog Joe Flanigan. Don't really blame her, but I wouldn't put too much stock in her comments on the subject when everyone else denies it.
              I think we all want to snog Joe, but, however.... not sure about Rachel Luttrell. My feeling is that she probably feels she has to justify her character's existence, and bumping up Sheyla probably fits in with that agenda.

Let's face it, apart from standing around spendidly, which she is admittedly, splendid at, there isn't an awful lot for her to do...

Comment

Enough talk of Sheyla and Teyla, I'm posting this, cos I was playing around with Photoshop the other day and I really really think Torri is so gorgeous in this...

Comment

Originally posted by Buggy542
                  Oh no!! I missed the rejoicing... *rejoices on her own*

Hi Queen Hera!
                  No, you're right on time for it!

Comment

Enough talk of Sheyla and Teyla, I'm posting this, cos I was playing around with Photoshop the other day and I really really think Torri is so gorgeous in this...

That she is.

Comment

<snippy>

Let's face it, apart from standing around spendidly, which she is admittedly, splendid at, there isn't an awful lot for her to do...
                      Oy...when I read the "standing around spendidly" line...at first I thought it read "standing around stupidly" *facepalm* Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to stay up til 2 am watching a bad movie. *head desk*
                      ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                        Oy...when I read the "standing around spendidly" line...at first I thought it read "standing around stupidly" *facepalm* Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to stay up til 2 am watching a bad movie. *head desk*

Nah, I didn't stay up too late and I read it that way too.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Hera
                          Phew! I'm not the only one! *bows and rejoices to Queen Hera again*
                          ~Athena

Comment

Hah, I read it that way too. I just assumed it was from spending too much time watching Götterdämmerung last night.
                            Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Hera
                              You guys!

Mind you I am as bad at misreading things...

Are you looking after the thread while our Ship System Lord is away? When is she back?

Comment

Easter Lily proposed something in Shep discussion recently about Sheppard's connection to Atlantis, and how in many ways they mirror each other. It was a very interesting theory, but it got me thinking about how Elizabeth relates in all of it. Basically, the city needed her to be saved, and in some ways you could say that Elizabeth saves him. She pulls him out of Antarctica and gives him a chance to live up to his potential, she trusts him even though she has every reason not to, and she's willing to accept his weaknesses and his humanity as long as he trusts her in return.

Just some random thoughts off the top of my head. Feel free to rip to shreds.
                                Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Working...
                                X