No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll proof it for you. I've got one I just finished too. Care to swap? I warn you, it's only the second one I've done, so please be kind.

Comment

Originally posted by GateByte
      I'll proof it for you. I've got one I just finished too. Care to swap? I warn you, it's only the second one I've done, so please be kind.
      Sure, it's my pleasure, send it to me by link or PM, I'll proof it for you. Mine will probably be ready by friday if there are no eventualities in the way.... Like my usual posts I think it's rather long. Is that a problem to you?
      Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
        Yup... it's interesting because I saw Teyla and Ronon pretty much straightaway but I don't actively do much for the pairing because it does look like I'm trying to support one in order to avoid another.
        I see Ronon/Teyla, but i'm not obsessive about the pair like i'm with Sparky, i don't think my body harbors enough energy to actively ship and squee for more than one pairing at the time, lol. I can barely keep up with the Sparky.

Originally posted by Easter Lily
        I'm with Alyssa... I like subtle ship and gradual increments of UST and awareness. I don't feel that romance is an essential ingredient in cop shows or scifi but if it is integrated properly into the overall story without taking away from the essence of the show, I can live with it.
        I'm in love with Numb3rs at the moment... and I think it integrates the Epp family dynamic, romance with the investigation aspect splendidly. Better than most shows IMO. A very intelligent show all round. Even the romancing is intelligent.
        Subtle and slow is the key for me with Sparky, although i've been surprised by hearing people saying that Sparky is too in your face, lol. And here i was thinking that it was beautifuly understated .
        I don't want romance to take the front stage, if it remains to be just an added feature, a bonus, and not the center of the show around which many plot devices are construed i'll be happy.
        Last edited by Luz; 01 March 2006, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean_Fan
          Sure, it's my pleasure, send it to me by link or PM, I'll proof it for you. Mine will probably be ready by friday if there are no eventualities in the way.... Like my usual posts I think it's rather long. Is that a problem to you?
          Not a problem at all, you can PM me with yours or just send me an email with it. PM'ed you mine. Sort of just copied and pasted it into the message, hope it turns out ok. Never PM'ed anyone before.

Edit: Ok, so that didn't work so well. Um, I'm putting it up on megaupload for now. I'm PM'ing you the link.

Comment

Not a problem at all, you can PM me with yours or just send me an email with it. PM'ed you mine. Sort of just copied and pasted it into the message, hope it turns out ok. Never PM'ed anyone before.

Edit: Ok, so that didn't work so well. Um, I'm putting it up on megaupload for now. I'm PM'ing you the link.
            Ok I'll wait for the link to get here. Nothing so far.... What's your e-mail?

Comment

Ok I'll wait for the link to get here. Nothing so far.... What's your e-mail?
              [email protected] Really original I know.

Comment

[email protected] Really original I know.
                Got your link. Do I need to sign up to read it?

EDIT: It says I gotta wait to download so I will, as soon as I finish reading it I'll PM you.

Comment

Got your link. Do I need to sign up to read it?

EDIT: It says I gotta wait to download so I will, as soon as I finish reading it I'll PM you.
                  Yeah I know, the waiting kinda sucks. but it's free, which is all that counts. I await your thoughts.

Comment

Yeah I know, the waiting kinda sucks. but it's free, which is all that counts. I await your thoughts.
                    I finish reading your story. You'll be geting a PM in a few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                      Subtle and slow is the key for me with Sparky, although i've been surprised by hearing people saying that Sparky is too in your face, lol. And here i was thinking that it was beautifuly understated .
                      I think it depends on whether one approves or not... Of course, if you one doesn't care for either Weir or Sheppard, it IS inevitably going to be in your face. Ship like everything else... says more about the fan than about the actual pairing.

I don't want romance to take the front stage, if it remains to be just an added feature, a bonus, and not the center of the show around which many plot devices are construed i'll be happy.
                      That's the best kind... methinks.
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Ok, here's my newest fic I've written. The plot bunny for the continuation of my other one is sort of hibernating, so I'll get back to it when it wakes up .

But for now I give you the following:

Beach Picnic

Hope you enjoy it. And thanks to Atlantean_Fan for the proofreading, it always helps to have a fresh pair of eyes .

Comment

Hi Everybody! Go away one day, and one has to catch up fast. Belated happy birthday to Atlantean Fan, and good work to everybody for 25000 posts....YAY!
                          I was browsing at Borders when I saw Starburst Magazine with interviews from Torri , done when they were filming the last four episodes of Season 2. I just want to share to everybody excerpts from said interview, because I feel that it just supports everybody's views/discussions from the past five days. If this is not allowed, can somebody PM me so I can delete it (don't want no trouble), and I decided to put spoiler tags for those who hasn't seen the eps. Here goes:
                          Spoiler:

"The last four episodes we've shot have been extremely interesting for my character. She's made decisions in the scripts that have sent me running to Brad Wright's office and saying to him, 'I can't do this. This is not the character I thought it was.' There are very dark decisions being made not only by Dr. Weir but Dr. Beckett as well. Paul and I both felt that our characters were the most compassionate on the series, and now they're the ones who are pushing the ball along with some very dark ideas and extremely dangerous and difficult decisions. I ended up having a terrific conversation with Brad, during which I asked him, 'Where do I go with this? The audience is going to wonder what happened to my character, especially if we don't see a bridge of how she got from there to here.'
                          Dr Weir has also learnt a great deal. I remember last season an issue came up and she was so appalled by it that she used the Geneva convention as a defence.This year, however, Dr.Weir has discovered that there are indeed different rules, and we can't play by the same code of ethics that we do on Earth. On Atlantis, our heroes are dealing with alien races that are very antagonistic towards them. So Weir had to shift her game plan and tell herself, 'OK, this isn't something I'd have done three years ago,but back then I didn't have these creatures wanting to suck the life out of me and everyone under my command.' ...to that end, I've been doing a lot of this (Higginson starts to wring hands) in the past few stories. It's very Lady McBeth-like and trying to wash the blood off Dr.Weir's hands, if you will. Little things like that at least show audiences that she's concerned about whether or not she's making the right choices."

And her comments on Michael
                          Spoiler:

"This is one of the four stories I was speaking about earlier, where a decision was made in the story that I as an actor was uncomfortable with and wanted Weir to feel the same way. Again, it is a question of how did she get to this place in order to make these choices. I probably cheated a bit in terms of taking story beats in the conference room scenes and allowing the other characters to all sort of say, 'No this is what we should do next.' To be honest, I may have justified Weir's position by sitting back and not allowing her to be pushed into making a decision on her own. It was the group that came up with all these pros and cons of what to do, and my character finally said, 'OK, we'll do it.'

Whew! Long post, sorry guys. BUT, it goes to show, that Atlantis is united when making decisions and there's no way, ever, that one is coerced or forced to agree in the decision making process.
                          Last edited by LadyShip; 02 March 2006, 01:47 AM.

Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice
                          From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire.
                          But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate
                          To say that for destruction ice is also great and would suffice.
                          Robert Frost, Fire and Ice

Comment

It's like 4:37am here, but got woken up to a painful spasm in my calf (not pleasant at all) so I thought I'd pop on since I seem to be wide awake now.

Originally posted by LadyShip
                            Here goes:
                            Spoiler:

"The last four episodes we've shot have been extremely interesting for my character. She's made decisions in the scripts that have sent me running to Brad Wright's office and saying to him, 'I can't do this. This is not the character I thought it was.' There are very dark decisions being made not only by Dr. Weir but Dr. Beckett as well. Paul and I both felt that our characters were the most compassionate on the series, and now they're the ones who are pushing the ball along with some very dark ideas and extremely dangerous and difficult decisions. I ended up having a terrific conversation with Brad, during which I asked him, 'Where do I go with this? The audience is going to wonder what happened to my character, especially if we don't see a bridge of how she got from there to here.'
                            Dr Weir has also learnt a great deal. I remember last season an issue came up and she was so appalled by it that she used the Geneva convention as a defence.This year, however, Dr.Weir has discovered that there are indeed different rules, and we can't play by the same code of ethics that we do on Earth. On Atlantis, our heroes are dealing with alien races that are very antagonistic towards them. So Weir had to shift her game plan and tell herself, 'OK, this isn't something I'd have done three years ago,but back then I didn't have these creatures wanting to suck the life out of me and everyone under my command.' ...to that end, I've been doing a lot of this (Higginson starts to wring hands) in the past few stories. It's very Lady McBeth-like and trying to wash the blood off Dr.Weir's hands, if you will. Little things like that at least show audiences that she's concerned about whether or not she's making the right choices."
                            Very interesting interview LadyShip. Thanks for posting it. I find it very interesting that Torri
                            Spoiler:
                            found Weir's decisions to be OOC. But in comparison to season one they indeed are. I'm glad she questioned it and was concerned as to how the audience would look at it, in order to help bridge the gap and make those decisions understandable. I also liked how she compared Weir to Lady MacBeth. It helps to show the guilt that Weir's having to deal with over all of the decisions she's made that have ended up putting the city at risk

Again,
                            Spoiler:
                            it is a question of how did she get to this place in order to make these choices. I probably cheated a bit in terms of taking story beats in the conference room scenes and allowing the other characters to all sort of say, 'No this is what we should do next.' To be honest, I may have justified Weir's position by sitting back and not allowing her to be pushed into making a decision on her own. It was the group that came up with all these pros and cons of what to do, and my character finally said, 'OK, we'll do it.'

BUT, it goes to show, that Atlantis is united when making decisions and there's no way, ever, that one is coerced or forced to agree in the decision making process.
                            I like the fact that Torri thinks
                            Spoiler:
                            that Weir wasn't pushed into making a decision on her own. Shows how close a unit the team has become. Each making their thoughts known, and coming up with a decision that most of them agree with.

Ok, so hopefully that made sense. It's now 4:49am. Guess I'd best try to get back to sleep. Got class this morning. Night all. *hopes for wonderful sparky dreams *

Comment

Wow...I'm not sure to understand everything say here but Elizabeth's character will be more and more interesting... it's all right !!!!

Comment

My eyes! Whoops. Lol.

I accidentally came in here when clicking on the Joe Flannigan Thunk Thread and was wondering what was up with all of the Sheppard/Weir shipping XD:

Comment

Working...
                                X