Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lunar
    I didn't think she looked that old...
    ... but she is too damn thin!! She looked really emaciated in New Order! I hope Weir does get together with Shep and then he can take her out for a few meals to feed her up...
    I dodn't think she was attractive at first, but now i think she's beautiful. it's very much an inner beauty, i feel. Plus, she's strong (like when she was dealing with Holling) but she also has this intense vulnerability, which i think Shepphard responds to, espcially in The Eye..wanting to protect her and look after her.
    Last edited by michelleb; 30 November 2004, 04:04 AM.
    Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
      Aha I wondered when you would delurk in this thread....

Good to see you..

Hey guys, Michelle writes FANFIC..,.

what do you mean, delurk, i only just got here. not a lurker, me. Ah yes..the fanfic. at least wait until i've found a new job!! then we'll see...if you're very good. (i've had a little idea..)

right...i haven't seen Hot Zone, but i've read the great spoiler with pics and
      Spoiler:
      i think most relationships involve someone learning from the other..eg, jack learning to care again from sam, that sort of thing. i think the sheppard/weir relationship is a prime example of this..he needs to learn to calm down and accept her authority and orders occasionally, and she needs to take the plunge and do the dangerous option. they both have a lot to teach each other. he's still very young, and prone to say and do things without thinking, then regret them later (IMHO) and she's still very much the diplomat, taking the slow cautious way.

but the 'I can't risk you getting infected' line gave me shippy goosebumps!

plus, it was wierd, cos i was just about to write 'Has John ever called her Elizabeth' then i read that he as called her Elizabeth..fantastic

my middle names Elizabeth..i just mention it to say that as well as being shortened to Liz or Lizzie, it can be shortened to Beth, or Bethany (or even Bet) if you were looking for secret lover-like nicknames. (My mum's called Liz, it's wierd to hear John saying shippy things to my mum..)

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
        what do you mean, delurk, i only just got here. not a lurker, me. Ah yes..the fanfic. at least wait until i've found a new job!! then we'll see...if you're very good. (i've had a little idea..)

right...i haven't seen Hot Zone, but i've read the great spoiler with pics and
        Spoiler:
        i think most relationships involve someone learning from the other..eg, jack learning to care again from sam, that sort of thing. i think the sheppard/weir relationship is a prime example of this..he needs to learn to calm down and accept her authority and orders occasionally, and she needs to take the plunge and do the dangerous option. they both have a lot to teach each other. he's still very young, and prone to say and do things without thinking, then regret them later (IMHO) and she's still very much the diplomat, taking the slow cautious way.

but the 'I can't risk you getting infected' line gave me shippy goosebumps!

plus, it was wierd, cos i was just about to write 'Has John ever called her Elizabeth' then i read that he as called her Elizabeth..fantastic

my middle names Elizabeth..i just mention it to say that as well as being shortened to Liz or Lizzie, it can be shortened to Beth, or Bethany (or even Bet) if you were looking for secret lover-like nicknames. (My mum's called Liz, it's wierd to hear John saying shippy things to my mum..)
        My middle name's Elizabeth too..

I don't know where Lizzie came from, it could be one of the Weir/Sheppard yahoo lists, but it seems to have stuck...

Comment

I really can't see her being called anything but Elizabeth. Being someone with a long and frequently shortened name (Katherine), I actually go by the full version. But that was an adult decision, I had a diminiative all the way until college.

Comment

Heh, I have a short name (Anna) and was called by the diminuitive Annie until I was fifteen. (Do you have any idea how annoying the songs from Annie get? No. You don't. ) I can't see Elizabeth using a nickname commonly as an adult, but I did write her as having the nickname Lizzie as a child. I snitched it quite liberally from my favorite book, Pride and Prejudice, wherein the main character, Elizabeth Bennet, goes by Lizzy quite frequently.

And hey, it's a better nickname than Eliza, right?
            Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
            Last update: 14 April 2006
            Melyanna's Multimedia
            Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
              Heh, I have a short name (Anna) and was called by the diminuitive Annie until I was fifteen. (Do you have any idea how annoying the songs from Annie get? No. You don't. ) I can't see Elizabeth using a nickname commonly as an adult, but I did write her as having the nickname Lizzie as a child. I snitched it quite liberally from my favorite book, Pride and Prejudice, wherein the main character, Elizabeth Bennet, goes by Lizzy quite frequently.

And hey, it's a better nickname than Eliza, right?
              I like Lizzie, myself, its what I call my friend Elizabeth... If it were shortened I think it would be Liz or Lizzie, but why I have no idea so don't ask me to explain...

I'm Heather, sometimes I get called Hetty, or Hets... by my family tho.

Comment

I like Lizzie, myself, its what I call my friend Elizabeth... If it were shortened I think it would be Liz or Lizzie, but why I have no idea so don't ask me to explain...

I'm Heather, sometimes I get called Hetty, or Hets... by my family tho.
                I'm Kit to some friends, and Kathy to my family, but in most every case I go by Katherine.

Comment

Astro, great fic!

I have a longish name too. I usually go by my full name, Christina, but a couple of people do call me Chris or Christy.

I can see people close to Weir calling her Liz or Lizzie, but I'd be surprised if anyone in Atlantis started calling her that anytime soon...

Comment

Me...I'm Chantal. So close friends and family call me Chounette (sounds like Shoe net)to distinguish me from my mom (whose name is the same) or Chount (only my best buddies call me that )

It seems to me that Weir goes just by Elizabeth, she seems the type not to go by pet/nicknames. It'd be cute though if the Atlantis peeps started calling her Liz or Lizzie. U kno, giving her a nick because they have become closer friends.
                    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

For fanfic addicts, (myself being one of them), fanfiction.net has some new Sheppard/Weir stuff...

and it's a good excuse to bump this up from page 3..

Edited to add: I got so sick of waiting for new fanfic, I wrote one myself. It's at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2151624/1/
                      I enjoyed the fanfic very much... I think you've captured Sheppard's personality wonderfully.
                      Keep them coming!
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

This is strange. I'm new to Atlantis (seen rougly 4 eps...by alternative means *looks guity*) but already this ship feels right. On SG1 I was tolerant but not over keen about s/j cos it just felt kinda meh to me. As it is now, from the spoilers I've read about 'the eye' (i swear I could practically quote bits by now) it just feels even more right. They have subtext. So... I guess I'm an official shipper...That feels weird to say.

Weird. But Good!

Also: Flamingoes! Yey!

And considering we're on the subject of names, I'm Joanne (Hi, by the way) but I'm often called just Jo.
                        ~Percussive Maintenance - The fine art of repeatedly whacking an electronic device to get it to work again.~

Think before you hit 'Post': Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate. *sigh*

My LiveJournal: watch me babble about Stargate and life in general here.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                          I enjoyed the fanfic very much... I think you've captured Sheppard's personality wonderfully.
                          Keep them coming!
                          Thank you, I really appreciate that, and welcome to the thread...

I'm just interested in how this relationship might pan out and I thought perhaps EW might bring out his serious side a bit more...

I put in some hair ruffling for the thunkers...

I might do a companion piece from her point of view... if I get the time.

Comment

Originally posted by joanne1138
                            This is strange. I'm new to Atlantis (seen rougly 4 eps...by alternative means *looks guity*) but already this ship feels right. On SG1 I was tolerant but not over keen about s/j cos it just felt kinda meh to me. As it is now, from the spoilers I've read about 'the eye' (i swear I could practically quote bits by now) it just feels even more right. They have subtext. So... I guess I'm an official shipper...That feels weird to say.

Weird. But Good!

Also: Flamingoes! Yey!

And considering we're on the subject of names, I'm Joanne (Hi, by the way) but I'm often called just Jo.
                            It's okay, we don't mind how you've seen them...

Welcome to the thread Jo, we're not as prolific as some other ship threads I could mention but we try our best!

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
                              Me...I'm Chantal. So close friends and family call me Chounette (sounds like Shoe net)to distinguish me from my mom (whose name is the same) or Chount (only my best buddies call me that )

It seems to me that Weir goes just by Elizabeth, she seems the type not to go by pet/nicknames. It'd be cute though if the Atlantis peeps started calling her Liz or Lizzie. U kno, giving her a nick because they have become closer friends.
                              Yay Capt, ya made it over finally....

Welcome to the thread

No haggii or raw eggs on this thread... tho...:-)

Comment

Last night was the first time i watched Atlantis after 'discovering' the sheppard/weir ship..and i could see it! (It was Underground). The way she took him out on the balcony, and they talked, and argued and so-on..i could definitely see it now.

Comment

Working...
                                X