No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the person who redinged me reading the Sheppard/weir shipper thread because of my sig saying and quoting :

" I find your signature offensive to non shippers ..It's shoving Sam and Jack down their throats and it's not fair "

Well you could have asked me nicely through PM to hide it ..I didn't know I was not free to post my appreciation of the show anywhere I want without being reprimmanded .

I didn't realize there was a hide your sig button until today .

I think it's you who is not fair

Hope you are happy now ..My sig won't make you sick anymore .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
      To the person who redinged me reading the Sheppard/weir shipper thread because of my sig saying and quoting :

" I find your signature offensive to non shippers ..It's shoving Sam and Jack down their throats and it's not fair "

Well you could have asked me nicely through PM to hide it ..I didn't know I was not free to post my appreciation of the show anywhere I want without being reprimmanded .

Caty
      *gives Caty big hug*

I liked ur sig!!

People have to right to red ding you because u express your opinion!!!

And if they hate ship so much why are they in here!?

Comment

Originally posted by Angel of Fire SG1
        *gives Caty big hug*

I liked ur sig!!

People have to right to red ding you because u express your opinion!!!

And if they hate ship so much why are they in here!?
        I'm not defending anyone here, nor do I know who dinged Caty for her sig. Then again I have the sigs optioned turned off as well, since lately people have decided to disregard some of the sig limitations and half of the time I feel like I'm scrolling through sigs just to read content on threads. But that's not the point i'm getting at.

But people have to remember in the Sheppard/Weir ship thread we have quite a few of Anti-Sam/Jack shippers here too. Just because they are Anti-Sam/Jack doesn't mean they are against all ship.

Maybe whoever dinged Caty happened upon her sig on a bad day, and dinged her instead of PMed her. Who knows?
        ~Athena

Comment

Caty
          Caty I do understand your frustration and I do not agree with the ding nor the way it was done but I will reiterate what I just posted over the the Sam /Jack thread. It is also not fair to make the assumption that it was a poster over here - it could have been anyone lurking and reading posts without being a Sheppard / Weir shipper. Even if it were someone here, it is also not right to make the sweeping assumption that everyone here somehow feels the same. I will also say again, as far as I am concerned you and anyone else is extremely welcome in this thread and I hope you continue to play an active role here. I also strongly believe that you have the complete right to have whatever sig you want. I may not agree with or like posts or sigs from time to time but I strongly defend the right of anyone to express their views and opinions so long as it is not offensive or rude in any manner. So please put your sign back - I thought it was good - and ignore the ding!
          I am truly sorry for any upset you may have felt - a big hug from us all!!!
          Last edited by Kazan; 17 March 2005, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
            I'm not defending anyone here, nor do I know who dinged Caty for her sig. Then again I have the sigs optioned turned off as well, since lately people have decided to disregard some of the sig limitations and half of the time I feel like I'm scrolling through sigs just to read content on threads. But that's not the point i'm getting at.

But people have to remember in the Sheppard/Weir ship thread we have quite a few of Anti-Sam/Jack shippers here too. Just because they are Anti-Sam/Jack doesn't mean they are against all ship.

Maybe whoever dinged Caty happened upon her sig on a bad day, and dinged her instead of PMed her. Who knows?
            Personally, I would find PMing someone to say "I don't like your sig" quite difficult. And I think anyone has a right to their opinion. If someone doesn't like Caty's sig and finds it offensive, then fair enough. It is very strongly shippy, (I have the sig option turned off so I turned it on to check it) I prefer siggys to be about the person posting them, and as minimally shippy as possible. Infact, mine is too shippy so I'm going to sort it out...right now.

Comment

OK I think we all need something to cheer us up again

Melyanna updated Pacific Rim and I thought the chapter was funny!!

Find It Here

Comment

Caty
                I've been making great use of the "hide sig" option myself for a great long while; mostly because I find that a lot of sigs tend to take up too much space and the posts themselves get lost on the board, overall. If I want to view a particular sig then I have that option. I find myself clicking on Astro's sig quite a lot, for instance. And smallgirl's, too.

Had I actually SEEN your sig I would have had to scroll right by your post or covered my eyes (seeing as how I AM an Anti Sam/Jack shipper) but as it stands all I can say is - as the resident "non shipper" of this thread - that it did not come from me. I feel kind of silly for even having to say it.

/ End OT post.
                Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

*Gives our "Resident Non-Shipper" a HUGE hug*
                  ~Athena

Comment

Ah! I love pacific rim!! It really, truly, made my day!!! Now I'm going to go watch some atlantis so hot sheppard will make me feel better
                    Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Thanks for the free advertising, Angel. I need to get this up on FFN eventually so it'll be easier for everyone to find the chapters...
                      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                      Last update: 14 April 2006
                      Melyanna's Multimedia
                      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

I was going to post a Shep/Weir wallpaper I working on...but I got distracted and didn't even start it. so I'll just post a picture

~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                          Thanks for the free advertising, Angel. I need to get this up on FFN eventually so it'll be easier for everyone to find the chapters...
                          Always happy to advertise ur fics Mel!! Lol!!

Espsecially ones set in my country With plenty of Sheppard and Weir cuteness!!

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                            I've been making great use of the "hide sig" option myself for a great long while; mostly because I find that a lot of sigs tend to take up too much space and the posts themselves get lost on the board, overall. If I want to view a particular sig then I have that option. I find myself clicking on Astro's sig quite a lot, for instance. And smallgirl's, too.

Had I actually SEEN your sig I would have had to scroll right by your post or covered my eyes (seeing as how I AM an Anti Sam/Jack shipper) but as it stands all I can say is - as the resident "non shipper" of this thread - that it did not come from me. I feel kind of silly for even having to say it.

/ End OT post.
                            *hugs Liv*

OT, how do you get an individual sig to come up as opposed to having to re-enable the whole lot?

I've had a look through the thread, some lovely sigs, if a bit shippy ,

Off to disable the option again...

Comment

Oh thank you guys ..I was a bit scared to come here this morning ..about the siggie thingie

but I 'm glad I did come and carry on reading the thread ...Ok I updated the sig and the Avatar now ..I leave it for that post and if it needs to be hidden in that thread then I will hide it What I did before was just for fun and the love of the fictional characters ..It never crossed my mind that something in my sig would offend someone to be honest .

I would still like to be part of the Sheppard/Weir shipper thread in due time when I finish catching up with the episodes if you don't mind .

Now On topic ...Sheppard/Weir look great together

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Angel of Fire SG1
                                Always happy to advertise ur fics Mel!! Lol!!

Espsecially ones set in my country With plenty of Sheppard and Weir cuteness!!
                                Maybe it's something in the air Muldy??

Or the water? Have you been spiking the water??

Comment

Working...
                                X