Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Cause I'm bored:

John: So, movie night tonight? We can cuddle.
    Elizabeth (thinking): Hmm, if I shift my meeting with Rodney and get Radek to distract Caldwell...

Hey, look! No gutter! I'm tryin' here, so I thought I'd do something sweet instead of trying to be funny.

Right, entertained myself now. Moving on.
    ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
    The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

That's cute.

Comment

Originally posted by Weir_D
        Just stopping by to give you guys a link to my new vid. The song is "Mistaken Identity" by Delta Goodrem, in case you havent heard of her, she is an Australia singer, but I'm sure she is internationally known. But you never know ... EVER! Lol, well this is one of my first, so be gentle. Took me like AGES to upload it so I hope it works.

Oh yeah and SPOILERS FOR TLG!

http://www.sendmefile.com/00251520

(crosses fingers and hopes it works)
        Interesting choice of clips. Nice work!

Comment

Anyone read the new RL interview? Pretty interesting, especially this one:

Gilles Nuytens: There was also something between Sheppard and Teyla, but we haven’t seen much in season two except that kiss.
          Rachel Luttrell: I know, our writers haven’t taken…
          Whole interview is here
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerLa
            'Cause I'm bored:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1.../thetower1.jpg
            John: So, movie night tonight? We can cuddle.
            Elizabeth (thinking): Hmm, if I shift my meeting with Rodney and get Radek to distract Caldwell...

Hey, look! No gutter! I'm tryin' here, so I thought I'd do something sweet instead of trying to be funny.

Right, entertained myself now. Moving on.
            ROTFL

really cool!

About Torri (if it's her) might posting here or talking about Ships...I have to concur I don't think she's permitted to talk too much about Relationships...but we'll see...

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
              Anyone read the new RL interview? Pretty interesting, especially this one:

Whole interview is here
              Huh. Some of that interview was pretty interesting. I'm still highly amused by the fact that they thought Ronon/Teyla should be sibling-like, as that's nowhere near what comes across onscreen. And it's always nice to see an actor acknowledge that there hasn't been much Shep/Teyla this season.

Also, I kind of want to know what the interviewer was thinking when he said that we'd had a lot of back story for Sheppard this year. Must be watching a different show.
              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
              Last update: 14 April 2006
              Melyanna's Multimedia
              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                Huh. Some of that interview was pretty interesting. I'm still highly amused by the fact that they thought Ronon/Teyla should be sibling-like, as that's nowhere near what comes across onscreen. And it's always nice to see an actor acknowledge that there hasn't been much Shep/Teyla this season.

Also, I kind of want to know what the interviewer was thinking when he said that we'd had a lot of back story for Sheppard this year. Must be watching a different show.
                Some people might mix the number/amount of appearance on a show with backstory.

I have to say the person best portrayed this season is Liz. And don't forget Rodney. But Shep?...
                sigpic

Comment

I have to say the person best portrayed this season is Liz. And don't forget Rodney. But Shep?...
                  I concur with you two (Hate to use the word Concur...cuz "Konkurenz" means rivality/competition in german, so similar pronouncing but totaly different meaning )

Yes, Sheppard was really the person who was showed mostly on screen...but background-story??? nope... He's still the same guy as he was in S1 IMO *goes hiding*

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                    Yeah, I thought that, too. McKay we have backstory on, sure, both from Atlantis and SG-1, but really, now that I think about it, we don't have much backstory for anyone else. (My memory for the episodes isn't as good as some, so I might be overlooking some things.) Just hints here and there for Ronon and Teyla. It's odd that he's only been part of the show this season and I already feel like I know more about Ronon than I do about a number of other characters. I want to know more about all the characters, but especially Sheppard and Weir.

And maybe, y'know, they could explore their pasts together? We could get a cute scene of them on the balcony, talking...

*drifts off into happy fantasy land*
                    ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
                    The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Yeah, I'd say that the character who's seen the most development this year is Elizabeth, even though we still don't know a whole lot about her history. We know she was a lobbyist, worked for the UN, was a professor at Georgetown, and speaks several languages, but that's all stuff we learned in her introduction in Lost City. We don't know if she has family left. We don't know what kind of experiences she had with the UN that make her qualified for this job.

On the other hand, Sheppard may have had more screen time, but I wouldn't say he's had as much development, at least not this season. He's certainly grown into his role in Atlantis and come to respect Elizabeth and her authority, but aside from that, he's not all that different from the person he was in the pilot. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, but in the absence of significant change, like Elizabeth's had, the lack of back story is a rather glaring omission.
                      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                      Last update: 14 April 2006
                      Melyanna's Multimedia
                      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka
                        Yes, Sheppard was really the person who was showed mostly on screen...but background-story??? nope... He's still the same guy as he was in S1 IMO *goes hiding*
                        Yes, I want to know what his past is. Because apart from that blackmark in Afghanistan, we don't know anything. I want to know why he reacted like that in LFP when Elizabeth asked him if he want to send a personal message.

Comment

Oh we soo have to get more Sheppard backstory!! Right now we don't know a lot about him escept that ......... *something that will start a fight here!* We know a bit about Afghanistan and how he disobeyed the orders and saved those people. That's it. I wish they did something like in SG-1's Collatereal Damage, with flashbacks. That's a really good way to develop a character IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                            Oh we soo have to get more Sheppard backstory!! Right now we don't know a lot about him escept that ......... *something that will start a fight here!* We know a bit about Afghanistan and how he disobeyed the orders and saved those people. That's it. I wish they did something like in SG-1's Collatereal Damage, with flashbacks. That's a really good way to develop a character IMO.
                            Or if he could just talk about it with anyone. I'm thinking about Elizabeth 'cos she could be the only one to whom he would open up (am I clear? 'cos I don't think so).

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky
                              Or if he could just talk about it with anyone. I'm thinking about Elizabeth 'cos she could be the only one to whom he would open up (am I clear? 'cos I don't think so).
                              Oh yeah I didn't think about that!!! *lol* I guess not sleeping all night has finally payed off! lol *headdesk*

Yes, John talking to Elizabeth is a great idea, especially if there will be painful moments in his past. Elizabeth will want to support and maybe even hug him again!! oh my I have gone into sparky squeeing mode again

Comment

oh my I have gone into sparky squeeing mode again
                                I never was out of sparky sueeing mode lol

Sparky Balcony YAY. def. not enough balcony scenes this season.
                                Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Working...
                                X