• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HyperCaz
    Shep's a shooting star
    he's lit the sky with sparks
    Liz's place is never far,
    the only place he ever parks.

ack, that was poor effort on my part. but i'm outta pics and just as a reminder, I'm not a shweir shipper
    Parks!!!
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
      Parks!!!
      i was LMAO too at that!!!!! heehee!!!!! sooo cute!!!
      ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
        i was LMAO too at that!!!!! heehee!!!!! sooo cute!!!
        Well I suppose it comes down to whether he prefers driving or exercising
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Well I suppose it comes down to whether he prefers driving or exercising
          get you mind out of the gutter... !!!!!!!!!
          ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line." - Oscar Levant (1906 - 1972)
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
              It's been frequently discussed, but it's a topic that it never hurts to ask. Seriously. I get excited when I see this question, because I've been examining this topic for a while now.

The regulations state (and I'm paraphrasing here) that an officer is not allowed to have an improper or overly close relationship with anyone who serves under their command. This is intended to prevent favoritism in the ranks, or the possibility that a commanding officer would do something to jerpordize a mission for the sake of certain personnel. This is what kept Jack and Sam apart the whole time they served together on SG-1.

This regulation includes civilians who work under the supervision of a military officer. Therefore, Sheppard and Teyla cannot have a relationship while she is serving on his team. (Or with McKay, for all you dirty slashers )

Those regulations do not, however, address the possibilty of a civilian having authority over an officer. That doesn't happen in the real world, except in very limited situations, so I have been unable to find any regualtions on a relationship between a civilian and an officer who answers to them (if they exist, give them to me, please). Therefore, a relationship between Sheppard and Weir is not in violation of the letter of the law. It would certainly be called into question by their superiors, and could pose career problems for one or both of them, but they may be able to get away with it.
              Thanks for the info. That is very interesting!

*notice where she is looking*

Sheppard: Closet.. 5 minutes?

Sig by Dorka.Thanks!

*~'.:GTA 199:.'~*

Comment

Uh, I kinda made a Shep/Weir vid. Not very good - still has problems, but I got so dang frustrated making it (my computer liked to crash at least twice a night every time I worked on it) that I decided it's good enough. My perfectionist standards are slipping.

Anyway, just thought y'all might wanna see it.

Title: You're My Best Friend
                Song by: Queen
                Spoilers: Up through Coup D'Etat.

http://s63.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...L02W89IFU1WG0C

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AXB6GYOG

Okay, off to eat breakfast now.
                ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
                The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Random housekeeping question:

The really high-traffic threads around here, like RDA Thunk or Sam/Jack, have traditionally had an archive of sorts. Once the thread reaches a certain size, a moderator merges most of the posts into an archive thread, leaving a much smaller and more manageable thread active. All the old posts are still accessible, but the general idea is that the thread is less intimidating for newbies, among other things.

Now, in this case, we don't have an archive thread, so I believe that a moderator would lock this thread and a new one would be started. In the future, old posts would simply be migrated into the archive thread.

How would people feel about me approaching one of the mods about getting this done for our thread? I think we've reached a threshold where it's appropriate.
                  Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                  Last update: 14 April 2006
                  Melyanna's Multimedia
                  Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna

The really high-traffic threads around here, like RDA Thunk or Sam/Jack, have traditionally had an archive of sorts. Once the thread reaches a certain size, a moderator merges most of the posts into an archive thread, leaving a much smaller and more manageable thread active. All the old posts are still accessible, but the general idea is that the thread is less intimidating for newbies, among other things.

Now, in this case, we don't have an archive thread, so I believe that a moderator would lock this thread and a new one would be started. In the future, old posts would simply be migrated into the archive thread.

How would people feel about me approaching one of the mods about getting this done for our thread? I think we've reached a threshold where it's appropriate.
                    I think thats a good idea Mel. I say go for it.

Sig by Dorka.Thanks!

*~'.:GTA 199:.'~*

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna

They used to do that with those threads in the beginning they dont do it anymore for them but if you ask them to I am sure they will do it for this thread but I dont see the need back then the forum software was slightly unstable so threads occasionally went missing that doesnt happen anymore as they have backups now and the software is very stable
                      love Torri

Comment

They used to do that with those threads in the beginning they dont do it anymore for them but if you ask them to I am sure they will do it for this thread but I dont see the need back then the forum software was slightly unstable so threads occasionally went missing that doesnt happen anymore as they have backups now and the software is very stable
                        Huh. I didn't know that. This is what I get for not visiting the other massive threads anymore. It was just a thought, so feel free to ignore.
                        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                        Last update: 14 April 2006
                        Melyanna's Multimedia
                        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

As Qasim said - they did that because of server space issues, which I don't think are a problem any more. Besides, its kinda fun to reach those big thresholds.

*any excuse for a par-tay!*

Edit: Because I'm in a Simon Cowell-type mood. If we start over at post #1, "they" will start bragging about having more posts and how much more popular "their thingy" is.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                            I believe you can find the video here:

http://www.marimba26.com/Atlantis/SheppardandWeir.html

"At the Beginning" is one of my favorite song and favorite Sparky vids.
                            Yeah, I love it. That's my comfort vid. And song, too. I showed it to my friend and she loves it, too. She got the piano music and now we can both play it on the piano. Every once in the a while, somehow she'll lose it on her computer (don't ask me how...) and send me an email saying "Can you please send me At The Beginning again? I really want to watch it." It's amazing how much effect on Sparky vid can have.
                            Stargate Addicts - a podcast for the obsessive Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis fan
                            My new podcast with Merala Anewan, come check it out. It'll make us happy.

Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.

Lovely sig by Blue Banrigh, thanks again. As for Atlantis X-Treme, that came from my own loopy mind.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                              As Qasim said - they did that because of server space issues, which I don't think are a problem any more. Besides, its kinda fun to reach those big thresholds.

*any excuse for a par-tay!*

Edit: Because I'm in a Simon Cowell-type mood. If we start over at post #1, "they" will start bragging about having more posts and how much more popular "their thingy" is.
                              Yeah, I would think they would start bragging, no matter how silly it is. Imo, it makes us stronger to see that nice big number out beside our thread name.

Besides, considering how many pages we go through a day, it probably wouldn't take too long for us to catch up.

Lovely sig by Blue Banrigh, thanks again. As for Atlantis X-Treme, that came from my own loopy mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Moomin
                                Welcome!.. Care for a mint?

*looks innocent*...What??
                                There's just another reminder of how long I got cut off from this thread. I think I might have actually been around before the mints. I don't remember being offered one myself, but I remember later people getting them.

And how ironic is it that I'm actually eating a mint right now. Or scary......Altoids don't count right?

Here's an old but good screencap to cheer us up:

Comment

Working...
                                X