Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melyanna
    Or better yet, have her wear power suits more often on the show, and have John hang around in service dress just for the heck of it.
    I would advocate that she wear one for all formal occasions. After all she was at the SGC "hanging out" in the suit, not in Atlantis gear, and you KNOW she has a closet full of them she had to bring with her on the way back in Intruder.

At least I like the suits they put Torri in. Not the horrible taste in clothing of the Weir who shall not be named.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
      Torri Higginson looks so gosh darn sexy and confident in a suit. I think it might help some people accept her authority more if she dressed more up when on duty and that way she can dress more down when off duty. I mean, cargo pants and hiking boats isn't exactly her normal thing so she's got to be wanting some normal clothing by her third year in charge of Atlantis.
      In Coup d'État, she was wearing slacks and heels. The jacket she was wearing wasn't exactly dressy, but it was a lot more dressed up than the usual grey jacket. And the top she was wearing looked a bit more professional than the usual t-shirts.

I could see it going either way. The boots, cargo pants, and t-shirts are practical and more or less the uniform that everyone else wears, but it'd be nice to see her wearing something that's considered more professional. After all, Hammond was always dressed a little more formally than the rest of the base, and I'm sure it's because he was in charge, and it just made that distinction a little more visually firm.
      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
      Last update: 14 April 2006
      Melyanna's Multimedia
      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

While I'd love to see a good pairing picture of the two of them, I'm not sure I want SciFi or TPTB to be in the mood of releasing kissing pictures. They already spend too much time playing with the minds of shippers and not enough concentrating on the writing.

I'll tell you what I'd kill for though, a nice portrait of Weir in a suit. Maybe the one from Intruder that isn't terribly washed out. After all, as the Atlantis people get more established in the Pegesus Galaxy it would be nice for her to look more Presidential *winks at Mel*
        Oh yea. They may just release a pairing picture just to get us all excitied then mess with us in the next episode!

A nice pic of Weir in a suit would be sweet. Like in a off world mission where she is using her diplomacy skills. Presidential lookin' Weir would be sweet.

Originally posted by Erised
        Ooo.. nice.

Sig by Dorka.Thanks!

*~'.:GTA 199:.'~*

Comment

After all, Hammond was always dressed a little more formally than the rest of the base, and I'm sure it's because he was in charge, and it just made that distinction a little more visually firm.
          That's my point. Television is a visual medium and bosses often wear better clothing than their subordinates. Many companies have such a requirement, and the generals in charge of the SGC seemed to know this (except Jack). Even Weir knew it when you look at the two suits and the two not far from suit like outfits she wore in New Order.

Comment

Hi all, is it safe to peek back in here? I feel that in light of recent discussions I need to reaffirm my undying devotion to the male half of Sparky. The man who we hope in season 3 gets the attention from the writers that he deserves. And will live up to the high standards he managed to achieve in season1.most of the time We rant because we love, and we love him when he's brave, honorable, funny, sweet to little kids and old ladies, and all those other boy scout things. Thus I made a new sig. Ain't it purdy?
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
              Thus I made a new sig. Ain't it purdy?
              Just adorable

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                Hi all, is it safe to peek back in here? I feel that in light of recent discussions I need to reaffirm my undying devotion to the male half of Sparky. The man who we hope in season 3 gets the attention from the writers that he deserves. And will live up to the high standards he managed to achieve in season1.most of the time We rant because we love, and we love him when he's brave, honorable, funny, sweet to little kids and old ladies, and all those other boy scout things. Thus I made a new sig. Ain't it purdy?
                Very nicely said. There is alot to Sheppard that can be done.. be sure to remember to add to your list that he's hot too..

Sig by Dorka.Thanks!

Comment

That's my point. Television is a visual medium and bosses often wear better clothing than their subordinates. Many companies have such a requirement, and the generals in charge of the SGC seemed to know this (except Jack). Even Weir knew it when you look at the two suits and the two not far from suit like outfits she wore in New Order.
                  Yeah, well, as long as there are no hoodies or leather fringe skirts, we'll be fine. I liked what she had on in Coup d'État. She looked very professional, while not looking out of place.

We haven't really had a whole lot of what I'd consider formal occasions, but I guess the real obstacle to her wearing a suit to the office every day is the laundry. Do you assume that the Ancients' laundry systems will be safe, or do you just not want to risk that dry-clean-only Armani?
                  Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Yeah, well, as long as there are no hoodies or leather fringe skirts, we'll be fine. I liked what she had on in Coup d'État. She looked very professional, while not looking out of place.
                    I liked it too. And the one in Intruder was great too.
                    I too want to see her in civilian/more professional clothes.
                    And if John could wear his dress blues... For that one, I think we'll all drool, won't we?

Comment

We haven't really had a whole lot of what I'd consider formal occasions, but I guess the real obstacle to her wearing a suit to the office every day is the laundry. Do you assume that the Ancients' laundry systems will be safe, or do you just not want to risk that dry-clean-only Armani?
                      I agree. I really liked her outfit in Coup D'Etat. I think if Weir walked around with a suit on she would look out of place.

LOL@the laundry comment. I can see it now...

Liz: Aw dang it *holds up a ruined suit*.. not ANOTHER Armani!

Sig by Dorka.Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskhah
                        Liz: John, the fans want me to change my wardrobe. You don't think they want me to wear that purple midriff thing do you?

John: I wouldn't mind seeing you in the "purple thing".

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Elizabeth: like my new outfit? *grin*
                          John: I prefer.. er.. yes!!

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                            Liz: John, the fans want me to change my wardrobe. You don't think they want me to wear that purple midriff thing do you?

John: I wouldn't mind seeing you in the "purple thing".

You know, I was playing around in Photoshop one day, seeing what Elizabeth would look like in that purple top. It was kind of scary.

And see, she's got a suit on in that picture. It'd be nice if she'd wear something like that the next time she goes off to negotiate somewhere.
                            Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Watched Inferno before going to bed last night.
                              Teeheehee... that was a fun episode...
                              Spoiler:
                              Loved that little convo between Sheppard and Weir about Rodney.

Pro-Weir? Pro-Sheppard?... Nah... Who are they? Pro-Carl Binder and pro-Martin Gero?... Absolutely!

Gotta say how much I liked Michael...
                              Spoiler:
                              and that uneasy tension between our favourite pair... Oh it's a dark episode no doubt but commendable for being a gutsy piece of writing. Whatever induced Weir to make the decision she did interests me. Sheppard went along with it in spite of grave misgivings. I don't have to agree with what they did but I'm glad the Carl Binder didn't side step the moral and ethical implications of this one.

This is the kind of writing I enjoy... yes, a dark episode (not flawless) but at least it wasn't lazy.
                              sigpic
                              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I too watched Inferno and the scene where
                                Spoiler:
                                Shep was telling Weir that he was going back to the planet and that the scientist was hot really stood out to me. I noticed that as soon as he said he was going back she stands up and says she's coming too. Is someone a little jealous maybe?

Comment

Working...
                                X