Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    Awwwww. Klassenarbeit? I hate those things. But you think you got it bad? I had to mark the dang things!
    That's why I decided NOT to become a teacher. And cuz of the students as well.

More an exam than a class test. Anatomy of plants.

Time for a cute Shep pic!

One of my fave scenes.
    sigpic

Comment

That's exactly it. It's the eyes that get me every time with any woman, and Torri's are so expressive.

I suppose expressive eyes are what makes a good actor.
      Yepper. Eyes are the window the soul. It's in her eyes how much she cares for John all the freakin time.
      Spoiler:
      Interesting in TLG how much John wanted to shield his own from her perusal eh? That was totally not like him to be so inattentive in a conversation between them. It was intentional on his part due to discomfort and perhaps his want to hide his own concern and relief regarding Elizabeth from her own searching ones.
      Whoa momma! if there aren't some submerged and unaddressed feelings wrestling between those two! [/spoiler]

Comment

Poor Jen. Exams this early in the term have to be a bad thing!
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

On the Epiphany issue, parts of it were really good, but unfortunately, that was the B-plot. John's just not the most interesting character to put in a stranded-and-must-make-a-new-life-for-himself plot. Had they done that with Rodney or Teyla or even Elizabeth, it would have been really interesting.

Of course, it doesn't help that most of the really interesting stuff in the synopsis that Joe Flanigan told to a convention audience didn't end up in the actual episode. The story he pitched was a vehicle to explore John's back story, and this kind of plot would have been a great way to do that. Apparently, he's trying to get them to agree to doing that next season.

Mind you, I don't have much faith in that actually happening either, as it was originally written into Thirty-Eight Minutes, too.
          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
          Last update: 14 April 2006
          Melyanna's Multimedia
          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
            Yepper. Eyes are the window the soul. It's in her eyes how much she cares for John all the freakin time.
            Spoiler:
            Interesting in TLG how much John wanted to shield his own from her perusal eh? That was totally not like him to be so inattentive in a conversation between them. It was intentional on his part due to discomfort and perhaps his want to hide his own concern and relief regarding Elizabeth from her own searching ones.
            Whoa momma! if there aren't some submerged and unaddressed feelings wrestling between those two! [/spoiler]
            Spoiler:
            I still wish we got to see a lose up of John as well as Elizabeth in the beginning. Though it was a pretty big give-away of his feelings when he hid his eyes in his gameboy.
            They both think that they don't share their feelings. They don't know what to say. Elizabeth is extra embarrased. It was Phoebus!Her who kissed him, after all.

well, everyone knows that anyway

Comment

That wasn't meant to sound anti Shipper/Thunker, but you have to be realistic: we *Are* the ones jamming up the system every time Shep so much as *looks* at Weir!!!
              I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one that smiles when I get the 'white page of doom'. LOL! It is an amazing coincidence how they always coincide with major sparky thread movement isn't it?

"If coincidences are just coincidences...then why do they seem so contrived?"
              -Fox Mulder

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one that smiles when I get the 'white page of doom'. LOL! It is an amazing coincidence how they always coincide with major sparky thread movement isn't it?

"If coincidences are just coincidences...then why do they seem so contrived?"
                -Fox Mulder
                So true, so true. Once upon a time it used to be us Jack/Sam lot. Nice to see you're holding up the tradition.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                  John's just not the most interesting character to put in a stranded-and-must-make-a-new-life-for-himself plot. Had they done that with Rodney or Teyla or even Elizabeth, it would have been really interesting.
                  That's a really excellent point regarding the episode plot. One of the things that makes TLG so awesome is seeing Elizabeth getting herself twisted into a mess. Interesting drama is placing a character into a situation they're out of sorts with. That's why watching Rodney fight or John have to be totally serious is riveting. The great thing about SGA is how it has such potential to place all of these characters into situations and places that they'd never find themselves in otherwise and how they have to go against their own personalities and ideals sometimes to attain the bigger goals in Atlantis.

I guess as an audience member that I don't find an aggressive woman trying to get into John's pants as something that extraordinary or unusual for him. The whole idea doesn't just turn me as a S/W shipper off, it turns me the character nut off because it's incredibly boring and engaging in such makes John more boring. If he wants to chase skirts or be chased by them every time out, he might as well haul rump on back to Earth. We got plenty of those types here.

Comment

On the Epiphany issue, parts of it were really good, but unfortunately, that was the B-plot. John's just not the most interesting character to put in a stranded-and-must-make-a-new-life-for-himself plot. Had they done that with Rodney or Teyla or even Elizabeth, it would have been really interesting.

Of course, it doesn't help that most of the really interesting stuff in the synopsis that Joe Flanigan told to a convention audience didn't end up in the actual episode. The story he pitched was a vehicle to explore John's back story, and this kind of plot would have been a great way to do that. Apparently, he's trying to get them to agree to doing that next season.

Mind you, I don't have much faith in that actually happening either, as it was originally written into Thirty-Eight Minutes, too.
                    Interesting thoughts. Rodney would have jumped around in panic methinks.

I read somewhere that they are planning to do episodes which include backstory for John. Lets see what they'll do.

On this eyes discussion:

Your Own Strange Eyes
                    Look into your own eyes...
                    Check into yourself.
                    Look into your own world...
                    Look without the help
                    Of people who try to change you...
                    Of people who try to hurt you.
                    The people that...try to make you.
                    Something you're not...
                    Something un-new.
                    Look into your own past...
                    Create the history
                    Of things you've done and things you're gonna do...
                    Of things you love and things you'll breakthrough.
                    The things that fit...
                    The descriptions of you
                    Are the things you need
                    To stand out in this zoo.
                    Look into......your mirror of lies.....
                    Look deep into.......
                    Your own strange eyes.
                    sigpic

Comment

It was such a pity, that they could have taken the chance and expanded on Sheppard's backstory in "Epiphany" but they chose not to. I guess from the way Joe was pitching the story, they didn't tell him the whole story either.

"Epiphany" had moments I enjoyed, but its not on my list good stories so far.

Not surprisingly my favorite Atlantis episode all happen to be written by Carl Binder or Martin Gero.
                      ~Athena

Comment

one of my favorite john/liz scenes (from Siege 3)

sigpic

Comment

It's THE HUG!!!!!! Thank You!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress
                            one of my favorite john/liz scenes (from Siege 3)

yeah, you don't need to tell us the name of that ep, some people know the time stamp as well!
                            Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Hey Y'all!
                              I'm so glad that Atlantis is finally being shown again here in the states.

Thanks so much for these scenes they are all great, I enjoyed watching them.
                              *AtlantisFan*

McKay: Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried.
                              Sheppard: I shot him.... In the leg.

Ford: How can something as big as Atlantis just sink?
                              Sheppard: I'm sure the passengers on the Titanic were asking themselves the same question?!

McKay: You're right- if only we had a magical tool that could slow down time. I foolishly left mine on Earth - did you bring yours?

McKay: I will try, but despite what you all may think, I am not Superman

Comment

Neat poll just put up at sci-fi you guys might like.

http://mboard.scifi.com/showflat.php...0&vc=1&fpart=1

Comment

Working...
                                X