Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red
    Now we can start getting excited about The Hive on Friday. Finally something new for us.
    I know, I'm w/ you!!!!!!! I feel so left out!! I'm so looking forward to some new Atlantis episodes!!! I've been in withdrawal
    And all these spoilers everyone has been providing has helped so much thanks to everyone. You are all so terrific
    + = Sparks

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
      TLG cemented one thing for me I think. They're going to 'play' John's confusion and uncertainty of feelings to the hilt. And they're also going to play Elizabeth's 'management' of hers to the hilt.
      that is a really good way of putting it... i agree thats how it is gonna be played!!!!!!
      ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

His 'reaction' to Teyla is simple and it's what he knows to do with a pretty woman in his arms. His reactions to Elizabeth are so much more complicated and he has no clue how to channel the foreign, strong, complex emotions she brings out in him. It's truly amazing to watch this continue to unfold.
        you did it again! I never saw his reaction to Lizzie as more complex one than than to Teyla. I just thought it was him and his animal inside *headdesk*

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
          Couldn't agree more! Did you see Lizzie's expression? Priceless.
          Spoiler:
          I was like "ha! She loves him allright! they should have shown Sheppard close up too though
          Ha!
          Spoiler:
          John's look to Caldwell was one of 'thanks for bringing it up JACKAZZ'! LOL! His quick glance toward Elizabeth told me that he hated it for her that Caldwell brought it up and intentionally embarrassed her with it.

Comment

Ha!
            Spoiler:
            John's look to Caldwell was one of 'thanks for bringing it up JACKAZZ'! LOL! His quick glance toward Elizabeth told me that he hated it for her that Caldwell brought it up and intentionally embarrassed her with it.
            eh.. good observation!

Comment

Ha!
              Spoiler:
              i agree...
              Spoiler:
              but man!!! did i Laugh my a$$ of or what?? that scene at the end is frelling brilliant!!!!!

Comment

Oddly enough, TLG conversation got me to thinking about Conversion and my post from last night about how John is still confused and not sure of himself in regard to his feelings etc touched on this but I wanted to add a thought. John Sheppard has some incredibly strong emotions in regard to Elizabeth but he simply does not know how to channel them. His animalistic behavior toward her in Conversion is incredible in hindsight. He
                Spoiler:
                smashes a wall in her office. He grabs her by the throat violently even as he warns her he's not himself.
                His reactions to her continue to be stronger than he's ever felt and I think it throws him for a huge loop. If you look at conversion, it's really ABC. His 'reaction' to Teyla is simple and it's what he knows to do with a pretty woman in his arms. His reactions to Elizabeth are so much more complicated and he has no clue how to channel the foreign, strong, complex emotions she brings out in him. It's truly amazing to watch this continue to unfold. TLG event(s) may turn out to be very big for John simply because it opens his eyes to a possibility that he'd most likely not given himself to entertaining. I think he is used to 'simple' in regard to his relationships with members of the opposite sex. I'm not saying he doesn't 'care' for them in a male 'need to protect' sort of way. It's in his nature to do so. But with Elizabeth, it's so much more complex and situations like TLG are essential for him to come to an understanding eventually of what it is that may be happening between he and Elizabeth and how it is different from anything he's ever known.
                I have to totaly agree...
                I think this is really something new to John. He's the typical cliché Pilot-guy who does many flirting, but never goes as far to build up a real relationship. Now it's the first time he maybe even thinks about building up something like that, but that unsetteling him more than anything. I noticed that in the last few episode, maybe even since Conversion, he has some moments, where he intentionally tries to look away from 'Lizabeth... it's strange but something has changed, and they both doesn't seem to really be able to deal with it just at this moment... O.K it would be more than early in this season, that's for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka
                  I think this is really something new to John. He's the typical cliché Pilot-guy who does many flirting, but never goes as far to build up a real relationship. Now it's the first time he maybe even thinks about building up something like that, but that unsetteling him more than anything. I noticed that in the last few episode, maybe even since Conversion, he has some moments, where he intentionally tries to look away from 'Lizabeth... it's strange but something has changed, and they both doesn't seem to really be able to deal with it just at this moment... O.K it would be more than early in this season, that's for sure!
                  i noticed the change as well... there is something about the way that the john/liz stuff it handled, that we all know that it is precious and is starting to build something out of it!!!!!

Comment

I think this is really something new to John. He's the typical cliché Pilot-guy who does many flirting, but never goes as far to build up a real relationship. Now it's the first time he maybe even thinks about building up something like that, but that unsetteling him more than anything. I noticed that in the last few episode, maybe even since Conversion, he has some moments, where he intentionally tries to look away from 'Lizabeth... it's strange but something has changed, and they both doesn't seem to really be able to deal with it just at this moment... O.K it would be more than early in this season, that's for sure
                    maybe the kirking will stop from now on
                    I haven't noticed those moments you mentioned though. I'll have to rewatch Conversion. I haven't actually seen Conversion from an obsessed shipper's point of view!

Comment

I haven't noticed those moments you mentioned though. I'll have to rewatch Conversion. I haven't actually seen Conversion from an obsessed shipper's point of view!
                      ooohh man.... you gotta try it sometime.... its great!!!!!

Comment

I meant more the episodes AFTER conversion ... IMO Elizabeth become more direct to sheppard, but he's just like...well... being more careful what he makes etc. not that much the very cool guy like before...and that just showes that something has changed inside him

Comment

Ha!
                          Spoiler:
                          You're so right! Thought the whole time that
                          Spoiler:
                          this Gameboy or PDA or whatever was just in his hands so he had sth else than Liz to look at. Otherwise he would have been too nervous I guess.
                          And back on this nickname thing from a while ago, I'm pretty sure he calls her Lizbeth all the time. He couldn't be too lazy to say this one more letter, could he?
                          And another thing confusing me is the kiss itself. They are not married, Liz said herself. So why did she kiss him? To fool the others so that they go out of the room? I mean, Carson and Rodney were about to leave. I'm still hoping it was some eyecandy for us Sparky! One can hope, right?
                          One more thing: at the end Teyla was not at John's but Ronon's side of the bed.
                          sigpic

Comment

I meant more the episodes AFTER conversion ... IMO Elizabeth become more direct to sheppard, but he's just like...well... being more careful what he makes etc. not that much the very cool guy like before...and that just showes that something has changed inside him
                            i second that Dorka... conversion started off many chain reactions!!!!! now Shep has to deal with them!!!!

Comment

I don't know if I undestand all... but i'm agree with you.
                              Elizabeth and John starting to build something... something has changed... they become increasingly close... they divide many things... it is well... their relation move.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                now why does this make me think of the ending Critical Mass? Elizabeth telling John what's on her mind, and John trying to make her feel better. Definately a change after Conversion

Comment

Working...
                                X