Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melyanna
    Oh, feel flattered!

Meanwhile, I have a little Sheppard/Weir fic to share, Peace Tonight. It's actually a rewrite of an earlier piece. Let it suffice to say that I am MUCH happier with v. 2.0.

Mel i just read your fic.....and i LOVED IT!!!!!

all i can say is wow cus im lost for words lol

you got talent

cant wait for your next piece of art
    Carolyn

Comment

Oh, feel flattered!

Meanwhile, I have a little Sheppard/Weir fic to share, Peace Tonight. It's actually a rewrite of an earlier piece. Let it suffice to say that I am MUCH happier with v. 2.0.
      Great story. Is there going to be more chapters? Any way write more please, dying for more John/Liz stories.

Comment

Originally posted by samisjacksgal

you got talent

It's fab isn't it!!

I've heard a bit about the next installment....

*swoons*

Comment

Oh, feel flattered!

That's a very good little fic Mel. I may not age well in a year or two, but it certainly holds up well now. I can imagin them progressing like that easily.

Astro: I'm still a well known threat, but sure, when I'm a System Lord you can be my first prime.

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
            I liked this and I don't mind your take on it at all, I'm in two minds, I like the idea of the friendship growing and the two building this relationship, however, I like a bit of romance too, so this can satisfy both worlds!

It was a good piece of writing, I liked how you caught the aftermath.. thanks for sharing (and write some more..)
            Thanks a lot. Dunno if I'll follow this one up, but I'm trying to write a few other fics. (keyword: trying )

Very nice. That's great characterization, and seems to indicate the route that I would hope TPTB would use to create a relationship.

And McKay's line about gravity had me laughing out loud.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
              Yup that was a really nice little banter between Liz and mckay...

MEL I'll BE WAITING FOR MORE!!
              ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by samisjacksgal

you got talent

Thank you! I'm flattered. Very glad you enjoyed it, and as Astro pointed out, I have another little ficlet in the works. I hope to have it up in the next couple weeks, time permitting.

Originally posted by Watters87
                Great story. Is there going to be more chapters? Any way write more please, dying for more John/Liz stories.
                No more chapters as such, as "Peace Tonight" was always intended as a vignette. However, I do plan on writing a sequel. Thanks!

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                It's fab isn't it!!

I've heard a bit about the next installment....

*swoons*
                Oopsie, I forgot to thank you for the beta job, didn't I? Oh well, I'll have to let you read "Moondance" early.

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                That's a very good little fic Mel. I may not age well in a year or two, but it certainly holds up well now. I can imagin them progressing like that easily.

Astro: I'm still a well known threat, but sure, when I'm a System Lord you can be my first prime.
                Thank you! I don't expect it to be terribly valid in a year or two, but I really enjoyed writing it anyway. And if Astro gets to be your first prime, where does that leave me?

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                Very nice. That's great characterization, and seems to indicate the route that I would hope TPTB would use to create a relationship.

Thanks! Rodney's dialogue was one of the only things that survived the original version of the story. His line about gravity still cracks me up.

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                Yup that was a really nice little banter between Liz and mckay...

MEL I'll BE WAITING FOR MORE!!
                Well, you could provide me with JF pics, purely for research purposes, and that might get things going better.
                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                Last update: 14 April 2006
                Melyanna's Multimedia
                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Anybody got any new fanfic. Fanfiction.net is down and Helio:Atlantis is not the best.

Comment

Oh, feel flattered!

That's really good!! I think I'm more of a W/S shipper now than before I read that -I can actually picture that happening. Can't wait to read the sequel!

Comment

Thank you! I'm flattered. Very glad you enjoyed it, and as Astro pointed out, I have another little ficlet in the works. I hope to have it up in the next couple weeks, time permitting.
                      Couple of weeks??

Oopsie, I forgot to thank you for the beta job, didn't I? Oh well, I'll have to let you read "Moondance" early.
                      Yes! Very early... even tho betaing was very easy. It was gimme, gimme, read and devour, send back and say post it!

Thank you! I don't expect it to be terribly valid in a year or two, but I really enjoyed writing it anyway. And if Astro gets to be your first prime, where does that leave me?
                      Well I hope it could be valid in a year or two, in that it might be open for their relationship to progress to this, ie they haven't killed either off, or married them to folk to which they have NO chemistry. Even then...

Hmmm, if I'm first prime of the W/S shippers, what could you be? Can we be joint first primes? I've got a fair complement of penguin flip-soldiers, training now in in Atlantis...

Arrghh! Penguins are in this thread!

Well, you could provide me with JF pics, purely for research purposes, and that might get things going better.
                      Oh and me too, as I have to nag Mel, and I need encouragement too...

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                        That's really good!! I think I'm more of a W/S shipper now than before I read that -I can actually picture that happening. Can't wait to read the sequel!
                        Welcome to the flipside Shel...

*shouts*

Mel write some more! You hear that? You're converting people!

Comment

Hey kids!

First of all, I want to say that as much as I am a Jack/Sam shipper, I'm starting to become a Sheppard/Weir Shipper, But I just need to ask this, you know, to clear my doubts. I know or I've read that Teyla is (in some way) attracted to Sheppard.......is he attracted to her????

"To the world you may be one person,
                          but to one person you may be the world"

- Bill Wilson –

Comment

Originally posted by DebbySG1
                            Hey kids!

First of all, I want to say that as much as I am a Jack/Sam shipper, I'm starting to become a Sheppard/Weir Shipper, But I just need to ask this, you know, to clear my doubts. I know or I've read that Teyla is (in some way) attracted to Sheppard.......is he attracted to her????
                            If Teyla's attracted to Sheppard, it's probably nothing more than the usual buxom beauty attracted to the alpha male. Cliché and boring. The early press on Atlantis was suggesting Sheppard/Teyla, but before the show aired they changed their tune about it.
                            Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by DebbySG1
                              I know or I've read that Teyla is (in some way) attracted to Sheppard.......is he attracted to her????
                              I'll give you two answers.

In world. I believe Teyla is the kind of woman that Sheppard habitually flirts with, and expects to be shot down. It's rather implied in Home that he makes passes at beautiful women regularly. I believe that he does like her, and for a time perhaps, was sexually attracted to her. That vibe seems to have settled into a 'drinking buddy'/'friend' relationship.

Home
                              Spoiler:
                              When Sheppard and Teyla are alone in his party pad, drinking beer and what could be a romantic moment he seems to be distracted (probably because he knows the world is not real and is trying to sort it out), but at a seemingly odd time wonders alloud about Dr. Weir and the other people back on Atlantis. He mentions only Weir by name.

The Eye
                              Spoiler:
                              I haven't seen this episode, but this is my understanding of what i have been told. As they are retaking Atlantis, Teyla tells Sheppard that she will fight by his side, in what could have been played as a shippy or romantic couple going to the rescue of their friends. Instead he brushes her off and tells her that she'll do what he tells her to do.

At the very least it doesn't feel like they are writing attraction between Sheppard and Teyla.

Out of World. I believe that Sheppard/Teyla ship was intended when the series started, and they attempted to play it in early episodes, Rising and Hide and Seek, but something made them stop. My guess is that when in post production it was evident to TPTB that what was on the screen was not the playful sexual energy that they had intended. Essentially, the chemistry didn't work.

I'm wondering if JF knew this too. I've heard that he's starting to disavow the Teyla ship, but can't recall where I've heard it. Does anyone have the source? Or is that internet rumor?

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                                Aww, thanks! I'm honored. Always happy to promote the cause.
                                Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Working...
                                X