No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professionally, though, she'll always be Doctor Weir, unless she gets a title bump
    Must be sleepy. Read that as "unless she gets a little bump", and thought "But why would she change her name if she got pregnant?"

I definately agree that Teyla should be there to encourage the two to get together,
    Nah, she's too busy with Ronon

Comment

Forgive me for mentioning SG-1, I don't like comparing it to Atlantis, but anyways..
      Sam was always called Sam by everyone except military. Only her father sometimes called her Samantha. Worked out well
      Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      On the same note, although I'm Tracy Jane, people call me Trace an awful lot. I hate that. Tracy and TJ I'm used to, but Trace.....ugh.
      I actually like the nickname for my name more than the full name. And my real name isn't Anna. It's something horrible when you say it in English.

I used to think that Liz would be an ok shortening for Elizabeth because she seemed quite harsh, but now she's softened up and such, Liz doesn't cut it. And neither does Beth, really.
      Until yesterday, I used to think that if John called her Lizzie or Liz, it would be all good and sparky. However, after reading people's ideas here, I think Elizabeth would be the best for her after all.
      I can see John teasing her and calling her Lizzie at least once, in later seasons though.

Comment

Yeah, Lizzie works as a tease.

As for Sam... Sam was always that, and it worked for her. She was a bit of a Tomboy and Sam was snappy and practical and down to earth, and it just worked. Just like Jack worked better for O'Neill than his full name of Jonathan.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by mentalmichael

Oh yeah, chapter 7 of white silk is up, in which the title finally makes sense (hopefully!): http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2639932/1/
          thanks for updating. I am so loving this story. keep the updates coming

Comment

I have to say I like 'Liz'.

Talking about a nick for John I thought about this one movie, "Down Periscope" where this one guy's name is Nitro and he thinks about taking Michael as his nickname.

Isn't John's full name Jonathan? Thought that this was mentioned somewhere. Then I'd prefer 'Nate'.

And Vicky, your sig's just great! I'm so in love with CSI and Pretender!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
              Must be sleepy. Read that as "unless she gets a little bump", and thought "But why would she change her name if she got pregnant?"
              *snorts* Only when John decides he has to make an honest woman out of her.
              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
              Last update: 14 April 2006
              Melyanna's Multimedia
              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

*snort* I think "Lizzie" would be the one pushing for that!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
                  Isn't John's full name Jonathan? Thought that this was mentioned somewhere. Then I'd prefer 'Nate'.
                  For some reason a lot of fics have John's full name as Jonathan. I find this really weird, because everyone I know named John – and I know quite a few – is actually named John. Actually, I find that trend rather annoying. There's no indication anywhere that John's first name is anything other than John.
                  Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                    For some reason a lot of fics have John's full name as Jonathan. I find this really weird, because everyone I know named John – and I know quite a few – is actually named John. Actually, I find that trend rather annoying. There's no indication anywhere that John's first name is anything other than John.
                    I haven't seen any indication that Sheppard is anything other than John. It's only Jack who I know for definite is Jonathan.

Comment

Then id would be strange to give him nicknames that are even longer than his real name.
                      (except "Honey-Bunny", "Loverboy" or "Schnuckelchen" of course!)

@ Dorka, somehow I always have to think about Nemo if you mention Dori.

My name is Janine but friends call me Lu. Great, isn't it?
                      sigpic

Comment

I haven't seen any indication that Sheppard is anything other than John. It's only Jack who I know for definite is Jonathan.
                        Even that's not certain. There was at least one episode where his personnel file was on a screen, and he was listed as John J. O'Neill.
                        Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
                          Then id would be strange to give him nicknames that are even longer than his real name.
                          (except "Honey-Bunny", "Loverboy" or "Schnuckelchen" of course!)

@ Dorka, somehow I always have to think about Nemo if you mention Dori.

My name is Janine but friends call me Lu. Great, isn't it?
                          Great? Confusing, more like.

And..... Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!

Comment

Even that's not certain. There was at least one episode where his personnel file was on a screen, and he was listed as John J. O'Neill.
                            Which was this episode? I don't remember seeing that
                            Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Great? Confusing, more like.

And..... Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!
                              So love this movie.
                              Reminds me somehow of the situation the team was in in Rising... I'm a good girl!
                              sigpic

Comment

I think it's the film credits. He's Jonathon "Jack" O'Neill. At any rate, GW has him listed as such.

Comment

Working...
                                X