No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hehehehe, I just watched the Tower, I'd say Elizabeth was amused.

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
      Okay, I made my friend give me a running commentary as she watched the episode. And I just have to quote the only scene I will probably enjoy when I finally watch this tomorrow morning.

Spoiler:

John: I got the city, I got the drones and I even got the girl.
      Liz: You got the girl? *eyebrows*
      John: Well, I could have had the girl, but I turned her down.
      Liz: *Smile*
      Liz: They didn't offer you king?
      John: *rocks on the balls of his feet* I turned that down too.

She also said Elizabeth had a very cute expression when he told her about "Getting the girl." It was a mix of "amusement with a hint of jealousy" she said. Maybe someone will post some caps up later. So we can add some pictures to these words.

Hee! that's interesting.... Why did he even bring this up? And why did he then
      Spoiler:
      take care to tell her he didn't do nuthing?

Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
        Indeed. But there's nothing at this point any of us can do to convince people, nor should we try. If all the discussion lately with the precise timeline pinpointing sparky moments in each episode doesn't suffice, nothing ever will. People just have to see for themselves and decide what to believe. Excuse my arrogance, but the facts are on our side. Wasn't there a big discussion before Siege 3
        Spoiler:
        when we knew about the hug but hadn't seen whether he hugged her back that it was all Elizabeth and John was just shocked, shocked by her brazen behavior? Then we saw him actually hug her back and act all flustered later. Never mind the moment aboard the Deddy when he got so upset thinking she was dead. Oh, said some, he was really upset that Atlantis was destroyed. I guess they didn't hear the "Elizabeth, Elizabeth" with the tremor in his voice, or see Caldwell actually have to look away from his obvious pain. One of my personal favorite moments. The same thing is happening now in regards to the kiss. Will we see him kiss her back? It sounds like we will, but oh, it's actually not John. Though it seems like Elizabeth is once again getting blamed for being a brazen hussy. I guess her alien just makes her do what she has wanted to all along like John did in Conversion.
        Any time emotion comes into play we're going to get this lack of logic. People just don't want to be confused by facts. We stretch the truth at times, and it's fun. But in Season 2 our ship is being developed stage by stage, each episode adding layers. More and more people are beginning to see that whether they want to or not. The other ships are having fun too, so more power to them. But we shouldn't have to tolerate attacks on Weir or anyone else, and saying "I like her, but she's a weak leader is an attack." So I respectfully ask that people not come here and do that. We're a feisty lot and won't let it go unchallenged. This is part of the reason why the eps after TLG are going to be crucial. We'll see how they relate to each other after the big moment which will tell us maybe where the ship is going. Now, you do realize that at any moment TPTB can turn this thing on a dime and head right back to their original intent. Shep and Tey can find true love in a moment, and it will all be a moot point. That's show biz, and yes, I am biting my tongue.

Hmmm I think you kind of missed the tone of my post... I meant we seemed to be getting a lot of folks these days coming on this thread and saying "I don't know who to ship for"

Hey I'm all for shippy tolerance, you know that. But I also don't like socks.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
          Gosh darn it! I am really truly determined to not ship for anybody on Atlantis given how badly things were mucked up on SG-1 but I was watching my Atlantis Season 1 box set this morning and the whole "HELLOO!!! What was that?!" moment was still there for the HUG (it has to be in capital letters just because it feels like a capital HUG). No, darn it! I'm not gonna do it!!!

Sigh...they're just so darn cute.
          Shipperahoy!!!!

Welcome to the dark side... come on you know you want to....

Comment

Okay, since I'm doing the insomnia thing again, I decided to cap the last scene of 'The Tower'. Mildly spoilerly, so ignore the comments if you want.

Seventeen episodes between balconies is too long.

Sheppard's expression after "I got the girl". He's repeating the cliche, and he knows it. He's gotta be pretty embarassed about the whole affair. Or near-affair, or whatever.

Elizabeth, after "I turned her down". (Possibly my new favorite pic of her.)

End of episode.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
              Shipperahoy!!!!

Welcome to the dark side... come on you know you want to....
              Hey! It's not the dark side! It's called seeing the light!

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                End of episode.
                They should end more eps like that.

Comment

Okay, since I'm doing the insomnia thing again, I decided to cap the last scene of 'The Tower'. Mildly spoilerly, so ignore the comments if you want.

Elizabeth, after "I turned her down". (Possibly my new favorite pic of her.)
                  I'm agreeing with you! This is possibly the best pic of Elizabeth around. She just looks better with every episode. There's no such thing as a bad shot of Elizabeth/Torri.
                  Very nice! Thanks soooo much for your insomnia and your pics!!

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                    Okay, I made my friend give me a running commentary as she watched the episode. And I just have to quote the only scene I will probably enjoy when I finally watch this tomorrow morning.

Spoiler:

John: I got the city, I got the drones and I even got the girl.
                    Liz: You got the girl? *eyebrows*
                    John: Well, I could have had the girl, but I turned her down.
                    Liz: *Smile*
                    Liz: They didn't offer you king?
                    John: *rocks on the balls of his feet* I turned that down too.

She also said Elizabeth had a very cute expression when he told her about "Getting the girl." It was a mix of "amusement with a hint of jealousy" she said. Maybe someone will post some caps up later. So we can add some pictures to these words.
                    that is such an awesome scene... i cant wait to see it
                    ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Seventeen episodes between balconies is too long.
                      Thanks for the Caps

Love it! I really missed this balcony And it has some plants on it now...so Liz goes out there more often than we see it for sure

Comment

OMG... thank you so much Hatcheter for the piccies of the ep/.... i love them!!!!!

Comment

I have a question about The Tower
                          Spoiler:
                          Does John actually sleep with the girl? It sounds like it over on the episode thread. If so, yuck!

The balcony scene says a lot for our ship. I taught young adolescents for 15 years, and I've seen guys act like this countless times. He's got to be 12. 13 tops. He's testing her, trying to find out what she thinks of him. It's funny that in TLG she finds out that he has deep feeling for her, but he still doesn't know how she feels about him. Too good.
                          Great job writers. We like the way our ship is sailing.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                            I have a question about The Tower
                            Spoiler:
                            Does John actually sleep with the girl? It sounds like it over on the episode thread. If so, yuck!

The balcony scene says a lot for our ship. I taught young adolescents for 15 years, and I've seen guys act like this countless times. He's got to be 12. 13 tops. He's testing her, trying to find out what she thinks of him. It's funny that in TLG she finds out that he has deep feeling for her, but he still doesn't know how she feels about him. Too good.
                            Great job writers. We like the way our ship is sailing.
                            i too am for the way our ship is sailing

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                              There was a
                              Spoiler:
                              kiss
                              in 'Conversion'? I must have missed it. I caught a near couple of cases of
                              Spoiler:
                              assault and battery
                              but I must have totally missed a
                              Spoiler:
                              kiss
                              I had to laugh at this. While I lurk around a lot of the ship threads, I too found that "scene" in Conversion to be more creepy than romantic.

Nice caps from the end of "The Tower".

Comment

Originally posted by FireCat
                                I had to laugh at this. While I lurk around a lot of the ship threads, I too found that "scene" in Conversion to be more creepy than romantic.

Nice caps from the end of "The Tower".
                                same here... whereas the one in TLG will be way better!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X