No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I'm back! More damned heat has been making computer use impossible. I've been living off my cell phone, but it's way too difficult to use that for here.
    Yeah, it's been warm enough out here that I've been doing the same, getting on the computer in the morning while it's still cool and then doing other stuff the rest of the day. Can't write so well on my phone, though, and I hate having to write it out longhand and then type it into the file later, so my writing is taking a hit and I'm a little peeved at that.

Anyway, right now I'm cat sitting for my brother and sister-in-law. They have 2. In the 18 hours since I've arrived, one of the cats has already thrown up 3 times, all over the bed, which was such a LOVELY surprise to see when it was midnight and I wanted to sleep so badly.
    Ugh! I'd say bad kitty, but it was probably all out of sorts at cat mom & dad being gone, so not completely it's fault. Still, yuck!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Yeah, it's been warm enough out here that I've been doing the same, getting on the computer in the morning while it's still cool and then doing other stuff the rest of the day. Can't write so well on my phone, though, and I hate having to write it out longhand and then type it into the file later, so my writing is taking a hit and I'm a little peeved at that.
      That truly sucks that your writing is being curtailed. I'm sorry! It stinks because the muse is a fickle thing, I've heard.

Ugh! I'd say bad kitty, but it was probably all out of sorts at cat mom & dad being gone, so not completely it's fault. Still, yuck!
      Yeah, and the cats (brothers) are long-haired so they get a lot of furballs.

The lover of the 2 decided last night that any attention was good attention and finally decided to glue himself to my side. It was not so cute when I was trying to sleep and he kept bugging me for scratches, but it's still nice overall. He's hanging out with me right now, in fact.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

That truly sucks that your writing is being curtailed. I'm sorry! It stinks because the muse is a fickle thing, I've heard.
        Very fickle, indeed. At least we've got a cooldown of sorts for the next couple of days, so I've got a little playtime with the muse. Then it starts heating up again on Wednesday...just in time for us to go over to the mainland where it'll be even hotter, LOL!

Yeah, and the cats (brothers) are long-haired so they get a lot of furballs.

The lover of the 2 decided last night that any attention was good attention and finally decided to glue himself to my side. It was not so cute when I was trying to sleep and he kept bugging me for scratches, but it's still nice overall. He's hanging out with me right now, in fact.
        LOL! I guess they just needed to get used to your presence.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Very fickle, indeed. At least we've got a cooldown of sorts for the next couple of days, so I've got a little playtime with the muse. Then it starts heating up again on Wednesday...just in time for us to go over to the mainland where it'll be even hotter, LOL!
          Yay for cooldown!!! It has been slightly cooler here as well. Of course, it cools down while I'm cat sitting in a house that has quasi-central air conditioning.

Do you have a big shopping trip planned?

LOL! I guess they just needed to get used to your presence.

He threw up again this afternoon when I went out for a few hours. *sigh* More up and down the stairs to the laundry room to clean the sheets. At least he hasn't thrown up on the carpet yet. (knock on wood!!) That would be far more difficult to clean.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Yay for cooldown!!! It has been slightly cooler here as well. Of course, it cools down while I'm cat sitting in a house that has quasi-central air conditioning.
            D'oh! Isn't that always the way of it?

Do you have a big shopping trip planned?
            Medical appointments this week and next week. With a little bit of leisurely shopping at other places we don't usually have time for with The Big Shopping Trips.

He threw up again this afternoon when I went out for a few hours. *sigh* More up and down the stairs to the laundry room to clean the sheets. At least he hasn't thrown up on the carpet yet. (knock on wood!!) That would be far more difficult to clean.
            Eeep! Stay off the carpets, kitties!

Comment

Medical appointments this week and next week. With a little bit of leisurely shopping at other places we don't usually have time for with The Big Shopping Trips.
              Good luck with your appointments! And leisurely shopping is the best kind of shopping. Have fun!!

I see my rheumatologist on Wednesday. I already got my bloodwork results and they looked very good. It doesn't make sense to me how my heels can still hurt so much when my inflammation markers are so low, but oh well.

Eeep! Stay off the carpets, kitties!
              Right?? No throw up today (Tuesday). If things continue as they have been, there will be more on Wednesday. It's been every other day so far. And it does seem to happen when I leave the house, which I have to do for my appointment.

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you've all been having a fantastic Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Good luck with your appointments! And leisurely shopping is the best kind of shopping. Have fun!!
                All is well, I'm shopped out and tired out and I want to go to bed, LOL!

I see my rheumatologist on Wednesday. I already got my bloodwork results and they looked very good. It doesn't make sense to me how my heels can still hurt so much when my inflammation markers are so low, but oh well.
                Hmm. Maybe there's a foot/ankle issue that has nothing to do with the rheumatism?

Right?? No throw up today (Tuesday). If things continue as they have been, there will be more on Wednesday. It's been every other day so far. And it does seem to happen when I leave the house, which I have to do for my appointment.
                Ruh-oh. Dare I ask what happened when you got back to the house after your appointment?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Comment

All is well, I'm shopped out and tired out and I want to go to bed, LOL!
                      I'm glad you did well! I hope you're all rested up.

Hmm. Maybe there's a foot/ankle issue that has nothing to do with the rheumatism?
                      Hmm, could be! I'll have to check that out. I mean, the pain in my heels isn't as bad as it was when my rheumatism was flaring. I just wanted "base level" control to be 100%, which I know isn't realistic.

Ruh-oh. Dare I ask what happened when you got back to the house after your appointment?
                      Ha! Actually, there was no throw up for me to clean. It all happened after I left their house on Thursday morning. When my brother and sister-in-law got home, there were multiple throw up spots. I truly think he has a bit of separation anxiety. That and very long fur.

Comment

Hello, miss me!

I don't fly much, but how can you be put on standby when you had a booked ticket?
                        No idea but I assume it had something to do with the flight being used as a connecting flight by passengers coming off long hauls.

Anyways, British Airways, in the end, wasn't so bad. They handed out bottled water and a snack for free so there's that.

I didn't go to Utrecht last weekend after all.

I had everything ready but all the way over to my best friend (she was driving to Holland) I was fighting the rising anxiety so about 3/4 of the way, I turned the car back around, texted her that I wasn't joining her, and drove back home.​ Instead, I crawled back into bed but I was also too hot and not feeling well... and my self-appointed emotional support cuddlebug decided that it seemed I needed its fluff to make me feel better, so Finn planted his warm body on top of mine... ...was too hot, but he wasn't wrong about feeling better.

The week started out hotter than hot, and thus my sister and I spent it in the game room / attick where we have airconditioning, and did some gaming. I also rewatched more Xena and Rizzoli & Isles, and thus I forgot about dropping by.

My vacation is about to end. After the weekend it's back to work, then next weekend is my cousin's wedding party (I have my 3-piece suit ready -- all black so it better not be 30 celsius hot or I'll be melting) but also 3-day weekend because I took monday off (like I'm expecting to party hard ).
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

I'm glad you did well! I hope you're all rested up.
                          Actually, the appointment was for my dad, eye checkup at the ophthalmologist; I get to play chauffeur so he doesn't have to drive with his eyes dilated. All that driving around makes me tired. Slept like a LOG afterward, let me tell you.

Hmm, could be! I'll have to check that out. I mean, the pain in my heels isn't as bad as it was when my rheumatism was flaring. I just wanted "base level" control to be 100%, which I know isn't realistic.
                          In that case, I'd definitely consider seeing a podiatrist.

Ha! Actually, there was no throw up for me to clean. It all happened after I left their house on Thursday morning. When my brother and sister-in-law got home, there were multiple throw up spots. I truly think he has a bit of separation anxiety. That and very long fur.
                          Heh! Yeah, sure sounds like missing his humans to me.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Hello, miss me!
                          Sure did, glad to see you!

No idea but I assume it had something to do with the flight being used as a connecting flight by passengers coming off long hauls.

Anyways, British Airways, in the end, wasn't so bad. They handed out bottled water and a snack for free so there's that.
                          Ahhhh, connecting flights (or trains, or buses). Yeah, that'll do it every time.

I assume they would've given you something more substantial than just water and a snack if they really hadn't been able to fit you on your original flight, though...

I had everything ready but all the way over to my best friend (she was driving to Holland) I was fighting the rising anxiety so about 3/4 of the way, I turned the car back around, texted her that I wasn't joining her, and drove back home.​ Instead, I crawled back into bed but I was also too hot and not feeling well... and my self-appointed emotional support cuddlebug decided that it seemed I needed its fluff to make me feel better, so Finn planted his warm body on top of mine... ...was too hot, but he wasn't wrong about feeling better.

The week started out hotter than hot, and thus my sister and I spent it in the game room / attick where we have airconditioning, and did some gaming. I also rewatched more Xena and Rizzoli & Isles, and thus I forgot about dropping by.

My vacation is about to end. After the weekend it's back to work, then next weekend is my cousin's wedding party (I have my 3-piece suit ready -- all black so it better not be 30 celsius hot or I'll be melting) but also 3-day weekend because I took monday off (like I'm expecting to party hard ).
                          Aww, bummer you didn't go after all, but yeah, you gotta take care of you first. Hopefully you'll get another chance to go in the future. And yay to Finn for being a fluffy cuddly hero! Even if he was a little warm.

Have fun at your cousin's wedding and party hearty!

Comment

I assume they would've given you something more substantial than just water and a snack if they really hadn't been able to fit you on your original flight, though...
                            As it were, I actually joked before the flight that if we didn't get on, that I wouldn't settle for anything less than first class on whatever flight they'd drop us on.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hello, miss me!

I guess that's something!

I'm sorry you didn't get to your destination. Anxiety truly sucks.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                              Actually, the appointment was for my dad, eye checkup at the ophthalmologist; I get to play chauffeur so he doesn't have to drive with his eyes dilated. All that driving around makes me tired. Slept like a LOG afterward, let me tell you.
                              Oh, I hate that feeling after they dilate your eyes! Particularly if it's sunny outside.

And yeah, driving around can make me really tired too. Especially if it's high traffic areas.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Oh, I hate that feeling after they dilate your eyes! Particularly if it's sunny outside.
                                Hats with wide brims and the darkest of sunglasses for those days.

And yeah, driving around can make me really tired too. Especially if it's high traffic areas.
                                Yep. And we're not even in an urban area, it's small town rural. But the main street still gets busy.

Comment

Working...
                                X