No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Our operations manager suggested as much.
    Great minds think alike!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Today sucked!

So we have a nest of wasps underneath our green waste pile and until today they didn't do much harm. We were planning on eradicating the nest cause let's face it, wasps aren't exactly too friendly towards cats or dogs and both of those species are well represented with our neighbors.

We got a highly toxic chemical compound from the store but haven't found the time to impliment this deadly force so the nest is there and buzzing.

Each time I have to mow the lawn, I have to pass by their entrance so obviously they get agitated due to the loud noise of the engine and each time they've settled down after a while. Today, however, there were a dozen wasps coming out of the nest, angrily buzzing around so I step back far enough and let them settle so I can continue.

They had other plans... the moment I step forward again, I literally got attacked by three wasps. One stung me in my leg, another in my ankle (through my sock) and the third stung right through my garden glove. I panicked at the stings I felt and smashed the one on my leg -- which, by the way, is not the right move. Her stinger remained imbedded in my skin, the other two got away scot free.

My sister immediately came to my assistence and removed the stinger. I hobbled inside towards the bathroom to let cold water stream over my leg and hand... but by the gods does it hurt. I can barely bend the left middle finger cause the wasp got me in the finger joint. The one in my leg is right next to a big mosquito bite so extra fun there. The ankle is the only one that doesn't hurt as much or has swollen too much.

And then to make my day even "better" I fell off my bed and hurt my other ankle.

Like I started... today sucked.

As I was lying on the floor, after I fell off my bed and was between laughing at my own stupidy and feeling tears sting cause I had really hurt myself, I said to no one in particular that I was glad I didn't have to go to work tomorrow.... which made my sister laugh even harder cause I was saying it in the most pathetic of ways.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Today sucked!

So we have a nest of wasps underneath our green waste pile and until today they didn't do much harm. We were planning on eradicating the nest cause let's face it, wasps aren't exactly too friendly towards cats or dogs and both of those species are well represented with our neighbors.

We got a highly toxic chemical compound from the store but haven't found the time to impliment this deadly force so the nest is there and buzzing.

Each time I have to mow the lawn, I have to pass by their entrance so obviously they get agitated due to the loud noise of the engine and each time they've settled down after a while. Today, however, there were a dozen wasps coming out of the nest, angrily buzzing around so I step back far enough and let them settle so I can continue.

They had other plans... the moment I step forward again, I literally got attacked by three wasps. One stung me in my leg, another in my ankle (through my sock) and the third stung right through my garden glove. I panicked at the stings I felt and smashed the one on my leg -- which, by the way, is not the right move. Her stinger remained imbedded in my skin, the other two got away scot free.

My sister immediately came to my assistence and removed the stinger. I hobbled inside towards the bathroom to let cold water stream over my leg and hand... but by the gods does it hurt. I can barely bend the left middle finger cause the wasp got me in the finger joint. The one in my leg is right next to a big mosquito bite so extra fun there. The ankle is the only one that doesn't hurt as much or has swollen too much.

And then to make my day even "better" I fell off my bed and hurt my other ankle.

Like I started... today sucked.

As I was lying on the floor, after I fell off my bed and was between laughing at my own stupidy and feeling tears sting cause I had really hurt myself, I said to no one in particular that I was glad I didn't have to go to work tomorrow.... which made my sister laugh even harder cause I was saying it in the most pathetic of ways.
        Oh no! Nasty wasps! Well, I suppose the good part is, no lasting harm came to you *knocks on wood* and now you've got a story you can look back on and laugh about.

No doubt John's got plenty of such misadventures that he can tell Elizabeth about later.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Woke up this morning with my middle finger the worst of of all the stings. My finger had swollen so much that I couldn't bend it and the knuckle looked like I had delivered an uppercut, minus the bruising.

But all is back to normal now... however, I'll take mosquitobites over waspstings any day. How painful are they. Yes, in my 43 years of existence I had never been stung before so to get 3 at the same time very much made up for it.

Perhaps this too should go on the subject list for the office saga... I just need to find a suitable victim on whom I can foist my misfortune.

Comment

Perhaps this too should go on the subject list for the office saga... I just need to find a suitable victim on whom I can foist my misfortune.
            Find somebody who will kiss it better for you
            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Woke up this morning with my middle finger the worst of of all the stings. My finger had swollen so much that I couldn't bend it and the knuckle looked like I had delivered an uppercut, minus the bruising.

But all is back to normal now... however, I'll take mosquitobites over waspstings any day. How painful are they. Yes, in my 43 years of existence I had never been stung before so to get 3 at the same time very much made up for it.
              I'll say! Yikes, that's not a fun time! Hope the swelling in the finger goes down soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                Find somebody who will kiss it better for you
                Short notice...

Anywho... all swelling is gone. There's a bit of an itch still and tonight I got bit in the middle of my forehead while I was raking slugs.

Yes, slugs... you read that right.

It rained so they were out in force again. You could literally see them crawl across the grass so I took my leaf rake and started raking them up in piles after which I used a spade to throw them out of our yard. Close to 200 slugs were given a free flight into the bushes on the other side of the fence. Plenty more, in the meantime, tried to come back into the yard.

The rake will thus be used more in the coming days ... the ones crawling on the pebbles near our vegetable garden were removed by gloved hand cause they made it their point to hold onto a pebble which they couldn't take with them on their flight. And the one slug I pulled from Dina's catfood, got to keep her bit of food as she went flying across the yard.

Also, have a guy come over to look at, and hopefully destroy that nest of wasps. Death to them all!

Comment

It finally cooled down for a whole day. The high was only 80 F / 27 C. So it finally cooled down enough in my house so I could comfortably use my laptop. I do have 2 a/c units in the house but they only cool things down a bit. Sorry to have missed so much!! I'm glad you're doing better, FH!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Short notice...

Anywho... all swelling is gone. There's a bit of an itch still and tonight I got bit in the middle of my forehead while I was raking slugs.

Yes, slugs... you read that right.

It rained so they were out in force again. You could literally see them crawl across the grass so I took my leaf rake and started raking them up in piles after which I used a spade to throw them out of our yard. Close to 200 slugs were given a free flight into the bushes on the other side of the fence. Plenty more, in the meantime, tried to come back into the yard.

The rake will thus be used more in the coming days ... the ones crawling on the pebbles near our vegetable garden were removed by gloved hand cause they made it their point to hold onto a pebble which they couldn't take with them on their flight. And the one slug I pulled from Dina's catfood, got to keep her bit of food as she went flying across the yard.

Also, have a guy come over to look at, and hopefully destroy that nest of wasps. Death to them all!
                    Glad your finger is doing better! Ewww, slugs! That's a lot of them, for sure. Hope they enjoyed their little E-ticket ride over the fence, LOL! And yeah, DEATH TO THE WASPS!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    It finally cooled down for a whole day. The high was only 80 F / 27 C. So it finally cooled down enough in my house so I could comfortably use my laptop. I do have 2 a/c units in the house but they only cool things down a bit. Sorry to have missed so much!! I'm glad you're doing better, FH!!
                    Eeep! Yeah, melted CPU is not a happy thing. Glad it's cooler out and hope it stays cooler!

Comment

The wasps have been blasted with a white powder which isn't toxic to nature or other animals (except ants) and the nest has gone into submission. We have to keep an eye out for any activity in the coming 2 to 3 days but it should be okay. We can decide then whether we want to remove the nest completely or leave it where it is. We've already decided we want to dig it out cause we're curious what it looks like.

Also, the slug raking had poor result today... clearly not many made it back yet.

Comment

I love the dynamic between Elizabeth and John! Their relationship is full of a tension and mutual respect.

Sometimes I feel like the writers could have developed their storyline more. By the way, has anyone seen the latest episode of “The Expanse”?

Greetings, Andrew :-)

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Andrew8334 View Post
                          I love the dynamic between Elizabeth and John! Their relationship is full of a tension and mutual respect.

Sometimes I feel like the writers could have developed their storyline more. By the way, has anyone seen the latest episode of “The Expanse”?

Greetings, Andrew :-)
                          Hi Andrew! Welcome aboard the greatest ship in the universe!

The writers definitely could've developed the storyline more, but it seems that they didn't have the will to do so even when the actors' chemistry was slapping them in the face. Darn shame. But what we did get, we treasure as one of the awesome things about SGA.

Never watched The Expanse, though I've heard it was really good. It's on my queue to watch...eventually.

Comment

Welcome Andrew!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            But what we did get, we treasure as one of the awesome things about SGA.
                            And at the same time we can also hold a very long grudge about all the things that could have been.

On the slug-front... I made an error of judgement yesterday but was able to rectify half of it today. I'd found 2 Leopard Slugs in the yard and I thought they were an invasive species and had to be eliminated but because I couldn't bring myself to kill them I dumped them in the green wast bin which would be emptied today.

The bin was emptied and I went and checked, and one of the Leopards was still sitting snugly inside the bin. I had to clean it out a bit so I poured water in and left it to stew in the yard all day.

I had told a friend about the slug and I wanted to show her what they looked like when I found an article online that they aren't invasive and what's more THEY EAT SLUGS. They are the ones you want to have in the yard.

I WAS COOKING A GOOD ONE IN THE BIN!!!

I scrambled outside, opened the bin.... and to my utter relief, the slug was alive and well. I fished it out and placed it on the green waste pile which is slug-heaven (no pun intended). And yes, I apologized. Obviously!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

And at the same time we can also hold a very long grudge about all the things that could have been.
                              In-very-deed.

On the slug-front... I made an error of judgement yesterday but was able to rectify half of it today. I'd found 2 Leopard Slugs in the yard and I thought they were an invasive species and had to be eliminated but because I couldn't bring myself to kill them I dumped them in the green wast bin which would be emptied today.

The bin was emptied and I went and checked, and one of the Leopards was still sitting snugly inside the bin. I had to clean it out a bit so I poured water in and left it to stew in the yard all day.

I had told a friend about the slug and I wanted to show her what they looked like when I found an article online that they aren't invasive and what's more THEY EAT SLUGS. They are the ones you want to have in the yard.

I WAS COOKING A GOOD ONE IN THE BIN!!!

I scrambled outside, opened the bin.... and to my utter relief, the slug was alive and well. I fished it out and placed it on the green waste pile which is slug-heaven (no pun intended). And yes, I apologized. Obviously!
                              OMG! At least the little thing is okay and ready to EAT MOAR SLUGS! (And hopefully the other one is enjoying its new home at The Big Green Waste Pile and EATING MOAR SLUGS!)

Comment

I thought the highlight of the Olympic opening ceremony were the Minions (Illuminations is French) but then there was that balloon which contains the olympic fire, and I thought "oh well that's cool!"...and then Celine Dion started singing and I forgot to breath.

Sheppard is wrong, she is most definitely not overrated.

Comment

Working...
                                X