No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come to Belgium. We have plenty of rain and are wondering where spring and summer went.

My new grass in front of the house is not dying from heat. It's bloody dying from too much water now.

We haven't had a dry week since January, I think.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Ewww, I've been watching the weather back there. Yuck! *sends ice and cooler weather vibes*
      And it's not going to get better anytime soon.

Yeah, while the binge trend can be fun for a viewer, it does make it a lot more difficult to process each episode on its own merits. I think the other streamers who are sticking to the once-a-week model have got the right idea.
      Absolutely!! I suppose I could have watched it more slowly, but then I wouldn't have been able to avoid spoilers.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
      Come to Belgium. We have plenty of rain and are wondering where spring and summer went.

My new grass in front of the house is not dying from heat. It's bloody dying from too much water now.

We haven't had a dry week since January, I think.​
      *books ticket*

I suppose you must be needing to mow it all the time then.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

We haven't had a dry week since January, I think.
        ​Eeep!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        And it's not going to get better anytime soon.
        *shudders* We haven't gotten to our big heat wave yet, but I'm dreading it when it comes...

Absolutely!! I suppose I could have watched it more slowly, but then I wouldn't have been able to avoid spoilers.
        Yep, that's another thing that feeds into the binge-it-now trend. It's a vicious cycle. *sporks Netflix*
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I suppose you must be needing to mow it all the time then.
          Nope... can't mow when it's wet or raining.
          Every opportunity I get, I make sure it's shortened as quickly as possible.

The forecast for the coming days is rain tomorrow, rain on Saturday, then 3 days dry with temps steadily rising from 21°C to 30°C but when it hits that 30°C we are Wednesday and that's also the day the rain will return in force.

This weekend (it started today) it's Graspop Metal Meeting. The organization was forced to keep every parking lot closed because they're flooded, and one of their campsites (the Boneyard) had to be shrunk in size because also flooded.

I've seen reports from people who are the festival, stating that the ground feels like a waterbed and that it's going to get VERY muddy the coming days.

People from Dessel (where the event takes place) are opening op their gardens for campers to stay, and they driveways for people to park their cars.

Two weeks from now Rock Werchter (which is basically in our backyard) will take place and they too are dealing with flooded camp sites and parking lots so we'll see how that goes for everyone living in a perimeter of 5km from the festival (that's us included).

Also, on the 3 days it's going to be dry, we are planning to mow the grass, cut the hedge, pour a concrete box to hold a tree (preferably both boxes but we'll only get one done probably) and install our mosaic in the rockgarden. Will see how far we'll get.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Falcon Horus, that rain sounds crazy! And your mention of how its affecting the local music festivals reminds me of how Burning Man got rained out last year...
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

My weather app utterly betrayed me today.

It was supposed to be more or less dry when I was going to get lunch but it wasn't so within 20 minutes I was soaked to the bone.

My jacket was dry in little over an hour, my pants took almost 3 hrs to dry. Had to undo my ponytail to get my hair to dry. It was too chilly in the office to leave it wet. And my shoes were barely dry by the time I drove home at which point I was rained on again.

Summer is supposed to start dammit!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

My weather app utterly betrayed me today.

It was supposed to be more or less dry when I was going to get lunch but it wasn't so within 20 minutes I was soaked to the bone.

My jacket was dry in little over an hour, my pants took almost 3 hrs to dry. Had to undo my ponytail to get my hair to dry. It was too chilly in the office to leave it wet. And my shoes were barely dry by the time I drove home at which point I was rained on again.

Summer is supposed to start dammit!
                That is NOT cool! *sporks weather app* Guess they went with the wrong forecast model...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

No lazy sunday for me... There was a grand opportunity to irritate a neighbor so I took it with both hands. She always has her garden done at the oddest of times and those guys make a lot of noise so today, when I heard she was having people over, I took my sweet time mowing the lawn.

Then I set up the hammock and soaked up some much needed vitamin D, after which we build the mould for the concrete box we will be using to plant a tree in the front yard. Have to make 2 but we're starting with 1 (in case it goes horribly wrong and we have to start from scratch).

Tomorrow will be the 2nd day of great weather. The temp steadily rising but rain is in the forecast. Summer will have lasted about 3 days and it will end with a glorious concert of light and sound probably. Actually, I'm sure of it.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

No lazy sunday for me... There was a grand opportunity to irritate a neighbor so I took it with both hands. She always has her garden done at the oddest of times and those guys make a lot of noise so today, when I heard she was having people over, I took my sweet time mowing the lawn.

Then I set up the hammock and soaked up some much needed vitamin D, after which we build the mould for the concrete box we will be using to plant a tree in the front yard. Have to make 2 but we're starting with 1 (in case it goes horribly wrong and we have to start from scratch).

Tomorrow will be the 2nd day of great weather. The temp steadily rising but rain is in the forecast. Summer will have lasted about 3 days and it will end with a glorious concert of light and sound probably. Actually, I'm sure of it.
                      Excellent! Well-earned mischief is ALWAYS a good call! And getting the yard work done is a nice bonus.

And yay for thunderstorms! Wish we'd get one here...

Comment

And yay for thunderstorms! Wish we'd get one here...
                        If it's rain you want... we can provide. Had more than enough this year.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

If it's rain you want... we can provide. Had more than enough this year.
                          Heh! Send it on over! We're supposed to get a bit of rain tomorrow and Thursday, but the forecast keeps dialing down the amount every time I check.

Comment

We'll have 30°Celsius weather coming up tomorrow -- and then the temp will steadily drop again so that next week tuesday the temp is back to 18°Celsius and it will definitely be raining all day.

Unfortunately for me, that means I will probably have to traverse the entire country to meet with a client at the other end of Belgium. I'd rather not do that when it rains because that will cause trouble on the roads.

Comment

We'll have 30°Celsius weather coming up tomorrow -- and then the temp will steadily drop again so that next week tuesday the temp is back to 18°Celsius and it will definitely be raining all day.

Unfortunately for me, that means I will probably have to traverse the entire country to meet with a client at the other end of Belgium. I'd rather not do that when it rains because that will cause trouble on the roads.
                              *converts to F* Ah, 86. It's been at least that warm, if not warmer, for the past 2 weeks. I am officially DONE. And it's only June. Gonna be a long summer.

Oh, and I finally figured out one of the reasons I had issues with the second half of Bridgerton season 3, and it relates to something we've discussed here. In the second half, there was a lot of "redemption" type arcs going on for characters that I REALLY don't like, ie characters who tormented my favorite blorbo. As we've discussed regarding SGA and Mallozzi, etc, I am not a forgiving person.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Eeep! I don't like driving in the rain either; all the other drivers turn into a bunch of numbskulls and I have to be even more paranoid of what they're going to do.

I hope your drive goes safely!

*converts to F* Ah, 86. It's been at least that warm, if not warmer, for the past 2 weeks. I am officially DONE. And it's only June. Gonna be a long summer.
                                *sending more cool weather vibes*

Oh, and I finally figured out one of the reasons I had issues with the second half of Bridgerton season 3, and it relates to something we've discussed here. In the second half, there was a lot of "redemption" type arcs going on for characters that I REALLY don't like, ie characters who tormented my favorite blorbo. As we've discussed regarding SGA and Mallozzi, etc, I am not a forgiving person.
                                Ahhhh, that'll do it. I'm with you, I don't like it when they do that! I want to be able to nurse my grudge in peace.

Comment

Working...
                                X