Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    ...Air Force lost to UNLV 31-27...
    I knew it. They fly high for a while and then they nosedive to Earth.

Imma gonna have to have a serious chat with my Falcons, dammit.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I knew it. They fly high for a while and then they nosedive to Earth.

Imma gonna have to have a serious chat with my Falcons, dammit.
      Yep. Looks like we're all going to have to have a chat with our teams...
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yep. Looks like we're all going to have to have a chat with our teams...

My Raiders lost (as expected). The Patriots didn't play. That didn't stop the flood of jokes on Facebook about the Bye week beating our score. Link here hopefully.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

My Raiders lost (as expected). The Patriots didn't play. That didn't stop the flood of jokes on Facebook about the Bye week beating our score. Link here hopefully.
          Oh dear... *rueful laugh*
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Oh dear... *rueful laugh*
            It's the day before Thanksgiving here in the US, and that means pie making night for me tonight. Wish me luck! (With the socializing, the toll house pie I make is easy peasy).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone here in the US!

It's the day before Thanksgiving here in the US, and that means pie making night for me tonight. Wish me luck! (With the socializing, the toll house pie I make is easy peasy).
              Hope the socializing went well! (I'll bet those pies are delicious! )

Comment

Christmas gifts for my 2 ex-colleagues turned friends acquired. One gets a Discworld themed coaster and teatowel, the other gets a coffeemug with a quote (Yes, I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advice) and an anti-stress cube.

My best friend's birthday is coming up 2 weeks from now and when I asked her if she had a wish-list she went on about how she had just bought a new coffeemachine and wanted things to do latte art with so instead of art supplies I got her stuff to do latte art with and a storage tin for coffee. My sister will get me a pack of coffeebeans from the Starbucks at the airport when she returns to the office next week (she's home due to covid this week).

Oh yeah... I didn't mention she tested positive earlier in the week... looks like we both had it though, except my viral load was too low to be detectable.

She turned 40 today -- on Thanksgiving Day for the US. Got her the Orchids set from Lego for her birthday. She had a day off to be depressed about her new age.

Best friend also turns 40 but she's planning on celebrating with 2 days away... possibly the Ardennes. I mentioned there be snow and then she nearly backtracked cause she doesn't want to drive in such weather. Too bad, you said we were going so man up!

Comment

Too bad, you said we were going so man up!
                  Gee whizz, I did not realise how cranky people get as they get older.
                  I don't think I want to get old now.

Oh, I have a house guest laying low from the US of A. 74Y66qR.gif He may stay till New Year, just to be safe.
                  http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Hope the socializing went well! (I'll bet those pies are delicious! )
                    It did go well. And it's over, so I'm glad for that. (And yes, pies were delicious!! )

How was your turkey day?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                    Christmas gifts for my 2 ex-colleagues turned friends acquired. One gets a Discworld themed coaster and teatowel, the other gets a coffeemug with a quote (Yes, I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advice) and an anti-stress cube.

My best friend's birthday is coming up 2 weeks from now and when I asked her if she had a wish-list she went on about how she had just bought a new coffeemachine and wanted things to do latte art with so instead of art supplies I got her stuff to do latte art with and a storage tin for coffee. My sister will get me a pack of coffeebeans from the Starbucks at the airport when she returns to the office next week (she's home due to covid this week).

Oh yeah... I didn't mention she tested positive earlier in the week... looks like we both had it though, except my viral load was too low to be detectable.

She turned 40 today -- on Thanksgiving Day for the US. Got her the Orchids set from Lego for her birthday. She had a day off to be depressed about her new age.

Best friend also turns 40 but she's planning on celebrating with 2 days away... possibly the Ardennes. I mentioned there be snow and then she nearly backtracked cause she doesn't want to drive in such weather. Too bad, you said we were going so man up!
                    Well, hopefully now that you've had covid you won't have it again anytime soon.

Latte art sounds very cool!

Originally posted by Who Knows
                    Oh, I have a house guest laying low from the US of A. [ATTACH=CONFIG]n16742528[/ATTACH] He may stay till New Year, just to be safe.
                    What's the weather like there these days?​

Comment

A tad warm 40 degrees celsius by day in the twenties by night. We have Bushfires (Wildfires to Americans), ang our east coast has raion & storms.
                      Summer starts next week, 1st December.
                      http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Sweet gift shopping scores! I'm with JT-2, latte art sounds fun!

Glad you and your sister are feeling okay in spite of the plague.

And I have to agree with your friend...snow is a NO GO!

It did go well. And it's over, so I'm glad for that. (And yes, pies were delicious!! )

How was your turkey day?
                        Awesome! It was nice and quiet. Delicious food (premade meals by our favorite little market so minimal clean up) and being lazy lazy lazy.

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                        A tad warm 40 degrees celsius by day in the twenties by night. We have Bushfires (Wildfires to Americans), ang our east coast has raion & storms.
                        Stay cool down there!

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                          A tad warm 40 degrees celsius by day in the twenties by night. We have Bushfires (Wildfires to Americans), ang our east coast has rain & storms.

Ooof, that's warm!! Try to stay cool! What's the highest temps you get in summer?

Awesome! It was nice and quiet. Delicious food (premade meals by our favorite little market so minimal clean up) and being lazy lazy lazy.
                          That sounds lovely!! That's what my sister and I do for Christmas. It's just the two of us for dinner, so we order from a local restaurant. The rest of the family laughs at us every year, but it works for us. *shrugs*

Thanksgiving is nice, but it's so much work for a few hours of a get together.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

That sounds lovely!! That's what my sister and I do for Christmas. It's just the two of us for dinner, so we order from a local restaurant. The rest of the family laughs at us every year, but it works for us. *shrugs*

Thanksgiving is nice, but it's so much work for a few hours of a get together.
                            *nods* We feel the same way...it's just us, so going through all that trouble is really kind of ridiculous. And if it was a big gathering I'd still feel the same way...order the family package!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Here's this week's College Football Roundup! The regular season is done for USC and Rhode Island, Tennessee beat Vanderbilt 48-24, and in the Atlantis Cup, Air Force fell to Boise State 27-19 and Navy fell to SMU 59-14. On to Bowl Season!

Comment

...in the Atlantis Cup, Air Force fell to Boise State 27-19 and Navy fell to SMU 59-14. On to Bowl Season!
                                At least, they both fell this time...

Anywho...

2 days away with the best friend booked.
                                Restaurant booked too.

And yes, the chances of snow are very, very real cause on our highest peak -- which is ridiculously low if you live near any mountains (our highest "mountain" is 694 meters high) -- there's already a layer of about 10 centimeters (which is about 4 inches).

It's gonna be fun! (I'm not driving -- might change when she learns of the snow)

Also... did I just buy an Xbox series X? --> I did, saving 150 euros thanks to Black Friday/CyberMonday.

Do I have games which can be played on that console? --> no new ones but it's backwards compatible so basically all of them. I did by the Fallen Jedi Survivor prequel so that's the only new one. I'm still looking for others but it needs to support couch co-op cause I play co-op locally with my sister, and not many games support that sort of game play any longer.

Though I'm basically extending the Xbox console family with one more. All of my consoles are fully functional still. It's like a tiny museum up in my attick.

Comment

Working...
                                X