No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    So, did you do anything special on your big day?
    ​Not really. Had a nice, quiet, relaxing day with a yummy steak dinner and chocolate cake. Plenty satisfying for me.

And...on to this week's College Football Roundup! It was a good week for everyone as USC beat Arizona 43-41 in a nailbiting THREE OVERTIMES! Meanwhile, Tennessee had a bye, Rhode Island beat Brown 34-30, and in the Atlantis Cup, Air Force also had a bye, while Navy beat North Texas 27-24. On to next week!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      ​Not really. Had a nice, quiet, relaxing day with a yummy steak dinner and chocolate cake. Plenty satisfying for me.
      That sounds like an excellent birthday!! Mmmm, steak and chocolate cake.

And...on to this week's College Football Roundup! It was a good week for everyone as USC beat Arizona 43-41 in a nailbiting THREE OVERTIMES! Meanwhile, Tennessee had a bye, Rhode Island beat Brown 34-30, and in the Atlantis Cup, Air Force also had a bye, while Navy beat North Texas 27-24. On to next week!
      Three overtimes??? Holy crap!! That's insane!!

My Patriots got shut out 34-0. It was painful. The Raiders play tomorrow night.

Comment

I'm going golfing tomorrow with the team.

Expecting some shenanigans to happen. There will be ample time to practice on the driving range, and then there will also be a putting competition. The way the guys were talking, I'm going to have a field-day -- they are going to try to one-up each other, of that I'm sure.

I've golfed before -- most of them haven't.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

A pleasant mornings stroll spoilt by a little white ball golf6.gif
          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

That sounds like an excellent birthday!! Mmmm, steak and chocolate cake.
            Yup!

Three overtimes??? Holy crap!! That's insane!!

My Patriots got shut out 34-0. It was painful. The Raiders play tomorrow night.
            Totally, totally insane. They should've blown out Arizona. Next we face Notre Dame, who got beat pretty bad last week and is always spoiling for a fight against us. This is gonna be UGLY.

Sorry about the Patriots. *hugs* Hopefully the Raiders do better!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            I'm going golfing tomorrow with the team.

Expecting some shenanigans to happen. There will be ample time to practice on the driving range, and then there will also be a putting competition. The way the guys were talking, I'm going to have a field-day -- they are going to try to one-up each other, of that I'm sure.

I've golfed before -- most of them haven't.
            *cackles in glee* Ohhhhh, this sounds like a fun time! Hmm, I'm suddenly reminded of John trying to teach Ronon how to golf...

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
            A pleasant mornings stroll spoilt by a little white ball golf6.gif
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*cackles in glee* Ohhhhh, this sounds like a fun time! Hmm, I'm suddenly reminded of John trying to teach Ronon how to golf...
              Out of 20 or so balls I sent flying into the field, I had a couple that were quite good and impressed my colleagues. Was complimented on my swing by the instructor and I had a Ronon-playing-golf-one-handed moment. The instructor, quite easily I might add, swung the stick one-handed, sending the ball flying.

One of my colleagues then made the mistake of asking the guy what the membership fee was... Let me put it this way, none of us will be members of that golf club any time soon cause 8000 euro is considered a little steep for us.

Comment

Totally, totally insane. They should've blown out Arizona. Next we face Notre Dame, who got beat pretty bad last week and is always spoiling for a fight against us. This is gonna be UGLY.

Sorry about the Patriots. *hugs* Hopefully the Raiders do better!
                They did! The Raiders beat Green Bay. Woohoo!!

Next week is the tough one.... The Patriots play the Raiders. Although I've lived in Rhode Island my whole life, I will root for the Raiders. This will not endear me to my family. Last season, the Raiders won in a truly bizarre last minute play. We'll see what this year brings. Although, honestly, the Patriots are so very bad this year that I don't think my family is going to care much this time around.

Good luck with Notre Dame!!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                Out of 20 or so balls I sent flying into the field, I had a couple that were quite good and impressed my colleagues. Was complimented on my swing by the instructor and I had a Ronon-playing-golf-one-handed moment. The instructor, quite easily I might add, swung the stick one-handed, sending the ball flying.

One of my colleagues then made the mistake of asking the guy what the membership fee was... Let me put it this way, none of us will be members of that golf club any time soon cause 8000 euro is considered a little steep for us.
                Holy smokes, that's expensive!

But over here as well, golf is not a cheap sport.

So glad you played well, though.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Awesome!

Yeah, golf is expensive.

They did! The Raiders beat Green Bay. Woohoo!!

Next week is the tough one.... The Patriots play the Raiders. Although I've lived in Rhode Island my whole life, I will root for the Raiders. This will not endear me to my family. Last season, the Raiders won in a truly bizarre last minute play. We'll see what this year brings. Although, honestly, the Patriots are so very bad this year that I don't think my family is going to care much this time around.
                  Yay, Raiders!

Eeep at next week...and good luck with your family!

Good luck with Notre Dame!!
                  Thanks! We're gonna need all the help we can get.

Comment

Also... I'm aching in places I had no idea I had muscles... and my hands hurt too.

Golf is fun but damn... I'm not going to be able to type much tomorrow -- second day is always worse they say.

Comment

Also... I'm aching in places I had no idea I had muscles... and my hands hurt too.

Golf is fun but damn... I'm not going to be able to type much tomorrow -- second day is always worse they say.
                      Oh dear. The perils of being over a certain age..... I definitely feel you there.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Eeep! Hope you feel better soon!​

Oh dear. The perils of being over a certain age..... I definitely feel you there.
                        Heh, this is true.

Comment

When I sneeze or cough, my ribs hurt. The rest of my core seems to hold up just fine.
                          I'm finally seeing the results of slowly building up my timed planking exercise -- I'm up to 35 seconds from the 10 seconds I started with a year ago.

Also my shoulderblades are still achy but other than that... 2nd day seems to be just fine.

Good thing too cause tomorrow's rope-skipping training -- so my muscles can go back to their regular complaining schedule.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

When I sneeze or cough, my ribs hurt. The rest of my core seems to hold up just fine.
                            I'm finally seeing the results of slowly building up my timed planking exercise -- I'm up to 35 seconds from the 10 seconds I started with a year ago.

Also my shoulderblades are still achy but other than that... 2nd day seems to be just fine.

Good thing too cause tomorrow's rope-skipping training -- so my muscles can go back to their regular complaining schedule.
                            Ouch! Congrats on the progress though, like the saying goes, 'no pain, no gain.'

(I really should start a little strength training; it'll be good for me. )

Comment

I skipped rope-skipping today.
                              Glad it's the end of the week cause I'm so tired but autumn has finally come and with it, very likely, the first cold of the season. I have been doing a lot of sneezing the last few days (which also uses the same muscles you use when golfing if you must know).

Comment

(I really should start a little strength training; it'll be good for me. )
                                I need to do more walking, but insurance is still holding up on me getting the new medicine that I need to feel well enough to do it. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X