Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post

Tell me you did not throw Pat & Josephine across just to prove it.

I did not.
    They are still safely in my care.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh, it certainly was fluffy... as in cloudy as in... "I'm sure there was a sea here somewhere in front of us. I can still hear it so it should still be there."

Yup, the sea was literally not visible today for most of the day.
          It was shrouded in mists from which The Black Pearl could have emerged at any second.

Tomorrow it should be better but then we'll visit the biggest aquarium in Europe, Nausicaá (it reccommends turning on the sound -- please do, it's very calming).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Oh, it certainly was fluffy... as in cloudy as in... "I'm sure there was a sea here somewhere in front of us. I can still hear it so it should still be there."

Yup, the sea was literally not visible today for most of the day.
            It was shrouded in mists from which The Black Pearl could have emerged at any second.
            Arrr! Avast, mateys!

Tomorrow it should be better but then we'll visit the biggest aquarium in Europe, Nausicaá (it reccommends turning on the sound -- please do, it's very calming).
            How beautiful! Have fun and say hi to all the fishies!

Comment

So I finally went to see the latest Indiana Jones movie on Wednesday with my sister and her friends. Yes, they still annoy me by talking during the movie... and then afterwards they laughed about the "old people" there who talked during the movie ​. Self-aware, they are not.

Anyway, I thought it was quite good. My sister said that things were not realistic. That things kept happening just right, and she also balked at a somewhat sci-fi plot event. Now, this is a woman who loves Hallmark movies. No offense to those, but they are hardly what I'd call realistic views into American life.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
              My mom met my step-dad at traffic court lol.
              Okay, that's really funny!! What a wild world we live in.

Comment

I SAW A MANTA RAY TODAY AND THAT WAS SO AWESOME!!!

They're so big too. I mean... wow!

The aquarium was epic but loud, by which I mean that there were too many children being absolutely annoying, yelling and screaming and then their parents yelling at them to behave. For someone like myself and my sister, too much noise can ruin a good moment. We suggested maybe a kids-free day but I doubt they'll go for it.

Maybe a sensory-free day instead cause damn...

Bought a manta ray plushie.

Oh, and they also have sea lions where they made like a small tunnel which goes directly in and out of their pool and so they swim right underneath your feet. They made some really cool architectural choices.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  So I finally went to see the latest Indiana Jones movie on Wednesday with my sister and her friends. Yes, they still annoy me by talking during the movie... and then afterwards they laughed about the "old people" there who talked during the movie ​. Self-aware, they are not.
                  Ugh!

Anyway, I thought it was quite good. My sister said that things were not realistic. That things kept happening just right, and she also balked at a somewhat sci-fi plot event. Now, this is a woman who loves Hallmark movies. No offense to those, but they are hardly what I'd call realistic views into American life.

The aquarium was epic but loud, by which I mean that there were too many children being absolutely annoying, yelling and screaming and then their parents yelling at them to behave. For someone like myself and my sister, too much noise can ruin a good moment. We suggested maybe a kids-free day but I doubt they'll go for it.

Maybe a sensory-free day instead cause damn...

Bought a manta ray plushie.

Oh, and they also have sea lions where they made like a small tunnel which goes directly in and out of their pool and so they swim right underneath your feet. They made some really cool architectural choices.
                  SQUEE!!!! Sea critters! That tunnel for the sea lions sounds so cool! Glad you had lots of fun, even if the kids were annoying as heck. Hmm, I wonder if it might have been better if you'd been there during the school year...

Comment

The heat finally broke overnight. It's beautiful out right now. (Of course, I haven't left the house yet. But I did open the door at one point. )

I saw the pics on Instagram. Very, very cool!!!! I love aquariums! The best one I've been to was in Atlanta, Georgia.

Sorry it was so loud, though. An all adult day sounds like a great idea! I would definitely attend such a thing. But I don't think they'd ever do it.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

The heat finally broke overnight. It's beautiful out right now. (Of course, I haven't left the house yet. But I did open the door at one point. )
                      Heh! Glad to hear the heat's gone, though. And this time, may it stay away! *shakes fist*

I saw the pics on Instagram. Very, very cool!!!! I love aquariums! The best one I've been to was in Atlanta, Georgia.

Sorry it was so loud, though. An all adult day sounds like a great idea! I would definitely attend such a thing. But I don't think they'd ever do it.
                      Hmm, I dunno...an adult evening/after-hours event could be doable. With all sorts of adult food and beverages and special souvenirs they can sell...might be a good money-maker.

Comment

I finally got some new medicine which should help my arthritis which has been extra bad lately. I just took my first dose yesterday, and it's a quick acting medicine so I was looking forward to some pain-lite days. So what happens? Now I have a kidney stone. I swear, it's like my body just does not want me to feel good. So far, the stone is bearable at least.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Heh! Glad to hear the heat's gone, though. And this time, may it stay away! *shakes fist*
                        It's supposed to be nice this whole week!!

Last night, my family and I all sat outside and chilled out. It was so nice to be able to comfortably sit outside.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Hmm, I dunno...an adult evening/after-hours event could be doable. With all sorts of adult food and beverages and special souvenirs they can sell...might be a good money-maker.
                        Oooh, good thinking!

Now I would definitely attend THAT!!

Comment

I’d attend that too!

I agree though, I think they should limit aquarium visitor levels more than they do. Smaller ones have been more tolerable but we barely made it through the Georgia Aquarium and we ended up having to leave Shedd Aquarium as it was sensory h*ll for my kid. No refunds and it was pricey.

I just of want a manta ray plushie too! My kiddo made me an Allay stuffed animal (Minecraft) that is so cute.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

I finally got some new medicine which should help my arthritis which has been extra bad lately. I just took my first dose yesterday, and it's a quick acting medicine so I was looking forward to some pain-lite days. So what happens? Now I have a kidney stone. I swear, it's like my body just does not want me to feel good. So far, the stone is bearable at least.
                            D'oh! If it's not one thing, it's another! Hope the stone passes soon! *hugs*

It's supposed to be nice this whole week!!

Last night, my family and I all sat outside and chilled out. It was so nice to be able to comfortably sit outside.
                            Just gotta watch out for the bugs...

Oooh, good thinking!

Now I would definitely attend THAT!!
                            Yep! I mean hey, if it can work for Disney and other amusement parks, why can't aquariums get in on the fun?

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                            I’d attend that too!

I agree though, I think they should limit aquarium visitor levels more than they do. Smaller ones have been more tolerable but we barely made it through the Georgia Aquarium and we ended up having to leave Shedd Aquarium as it was sensory h*ll for my kid. No refunds and it was pricey.
                            That sucks, I'm sorry that happened to you. *hugs*

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                            I just of want a manta ray plushie too! My kiddo made me an Allay stuffed animal (Minecraft) that is so cute.
                            Awww, squeee! Homemade plushies are the best!

Comment

The whole world is in a heatwave it seems... and over here... well, over here November has come early.

Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain.... you get my point.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

The whole world is in a heatwave it seems... and over here... well, over here November has come early.

Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain.... you get my point.
                                I'd like some rain...the trees would like it even more.

Comment

Working...
                                X