No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Well, I was going to try escaping the heat by going to the movies today, but both matinee shows I looked up were full. So I guess lots of other people had the very same idea. Pffft.

People are just so..... people-y!!

And beach traffic, to boot. No thank you.
    Ugh, yes to both! Go away, people! Can't a girl enjoy her beach and her movies without the rest of you lot clogging everything up?

I learned at Girl Scout day camp that I attended every summer for a few weeks. We had a pool at home but I could only do the doggy paddle until the camp forced me to learn. I eventually got pretty good at it over the years. I got to the level just under a full fledged lifeguard. They wanted me to continue, as Girl Scouts is all about leadership and all that crap, but I am a follower at heart - not a leader - and certainly not wanting to be in charge of people's lives.
    Same here. I don't want or need the stress.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Ugh, yes to both! Go away, people! Can't a girl enjoy her beach and her movies without the rest of you lot clogging everything up?
      YES!! You are definitely my kind of people.

And it's just another reason to hate summer (besides the heat). The crowds all the freaking time.

Same here. I don't want or need the stress.
      Exactly!! (Again, you just get me ) I stress about little things as it is. I certainly don't need to be responsible for saving people's lives!! One of the best parts of my 20 year career in computer programming was that, as my coworker would say to me to calm me down... "it's just insurance!" I seriously don't know how doctors and nurses handle that pressure of being responsible for people's lives.

And frankly, there's nothing wrong with being a follower and not a leader. We can't all be leaders.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

YES!! You are definitely my kind of people.

And it's just another reason to hate summer (besides the heat). The crowds all the freaking time.
        Yep. It's no wonder I've been indulging in hermit behavior.

Exactly!! (Again, you just get me ) I stress about little things as it is. I certainly don't need to be responsible for saving people's lives!! One of the best parts of my 20 year career in computer programming was that, as my coworker would say to me to calm me down... "it's just insurance!" I seriously don't know how doctors and nurses handle that pressure of being responsible for people's lives.

And frankly, there's nothing wrong with being a follower and not a leader. We can't all be leaders.
        True, that. Granted, there are some advantages to being a leader: making sure that stuff gets done right the first time, the food, keeping brainless twits from mucking things up (because eventually they'll muck up something important that you need, and that's just Not Allowed), the food...did I happen to mention the food? But yeah, I can do without the stress, so yeah, staying away from that.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yep. It's no wonder I've been indulging in hermit behavior.
          Me too. I went to my brother's for dinner tonight since I hadn't left the house in days. There was heavy rain, though, so it wasn't a great drive. But thankfully it was much easier driving back home (it's only a 10 minute drive anyway). I'm hoping that maybe this rain will clear out some humidity.

ETA: The humidity did not, in fact, clear out. It's like freaking soup out there. Hot, hot soup.

True, that. Granted, there are some advantages to being a leader: making sure that stuff gets done right the first time, the food, keeping brainless twits from mucking things up (because eventually they'll muck up something important that you need, and that's just Not Allowed), the food...did I happen to mention the food? But yeah, I can do without the stress, so yeah, staying away from that.
          Well, Elizabeth was the leader and she still had trouble getting John to actually bring home food instead of mucking things up.
          Last edited by JT-2; 17 July 2023, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Me too. I went to my brother's for dinner tonight since I hadn't left the house in days. There was heavy rain, though, so it wasn't a great drive. But thankfully it was much easier driving back home (it's only a 10 minute drive anyway). I'm hoping that maybe this rain will clear out some humidity.

ETA: The humidity did not, in fact, clear out. It's like freaking soup out there. Hot, hot soup.
            Yuck! Hot soup humidity SUCKS!

Well, Elizabeth was the leader and she still had trouble getting John to actually bring home food instead of mucking things up.
            Yup! It's a wonder she didn't whack him in the head with a frying pan.

Comment

Yuck! Hot soup humidity SUCKS!
              Oh, it did! I went out at 10am and it was already 80 F, but it was the humidity that just made it oppressive.

Yup! It's a wonder she didn't whack him in the head with a frying pan.
              She would have been justified. That reminds me of that gif set on Tumblr from The Good Place where it's Elizabeth asking if he brought home food or something, and he keeps saying yes, but it's actually war crimes.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Oh, it did! I went out at 10am and it was already 80 F, but it was the humidity that just made it oppressive.
                *shudders in fear*

She would have been justified. That reminds me of that gif set on Tumblr from The Good Place where it's Elizabeth asking if he brought home food or something, and he keeps saying yes, but it's actually war crimes.
                OMFG.

Comment

Just saw a headline for a coronal
                  mass ejection and thought it was a random Stargate post. It was not

I also had a lovely SGA dream last night.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post

Coronal mass ejection...whale song-induced hallucinations!

Comment

My low back locked up on me yesterday, and it's still locked up today. I was planning on seeing the new Indiana Jones movie tomorrow, but that's not happening. I have to go to traffic court tomorrow night to get my latest ticket erased from my record, and I hope I'll be able to go. I really don't want it to be applied to my insurance.

SK - you're on super early!!

So what happened in the dream?

Comment

Just gonna throw a few replies all together without quoting so here goes:

I learned to swim when I was about 12 years old. I was terrified of water so my parents eventually enrolled me and my sister into a swim course. At the end of it, I was able to swim 800 meters (swim levels were 25 meter, 50, 100, 200, 500, 800 and 1000), so 32 times back and forth in a pool measuring 25 meters in length.

Side note: I'm still afraid of water but I've overcome a lot of my fear, going kayakking and paddleboarding.

-----

So, my vacation is of to a good start. The weather is moderate. It's warm enough for me -- between 23 to 27° Celsius (what's that, around 70° Fahrenheit, I think). Lots of clouds to block the sun and once in a while a bit of fresh rain.

Although, some words of wisdom... mowing the lawn with a sun burning down from a blue sky... I don't reccommend it.

-----

Our extra living space, by the way, now has floor, light, clean windows and a round table with 4 chairs from Ikea (bought and assembled today). My hammock too is sitting inside -- both cats find that agreeable.

-----

I have a new bike -- lease bike from work. It's a Brompton bike. If unfamiliar with the brand -- go here. Mine is sky blue. I'll barely use it but hey... if I put it in my car, I can ride it whenever I visit my former colleagues 2km away from my current office space.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I added a countdown widget to my phone. 62 days to vacay in Bend OR and that trip also happens to coincides with official last day of side hustle project. Now if only my brain can hold on just a bit longer.. .

FH-That is a cool looking bike. It looks fun!

JT2- the dream was a continuation of musings I’ve had for a fic. Maybe one day I’ll get some spare time to actually write it. It is a AU post the return part 2 with some missing scenes from the return part 1.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

My low back locked up on me yesterday, and it's still locked up today. I was planning on seeing the new Indiana Jones movie tomorrow, but that's not happening. I have to go to traffic court tomorrow night to get my latest ticket erased from my record, and I hope I'll be able to go. I really don't want it to be applied to my insurance.
                            Oh, that DOUBLE SUCKS! I hope your back unlocks quickly so you can at least get your ticket erased. *gentle hugs*

SK - you're on super early!!
                            Yep, we had a monster raiding party over on the mainland yesterday. Very tired now, but got lots of stuff we need (yay new garden hoses!).

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            So, my vacation is of to a good start. The weather is moderate. It's warm enough for me -- between 23 to 27° Celsius (what's that, around 70° Fahrenheit, I think). Lots of clouds to block the sun and once in a while a bit of fresh rain.

Although, some words of wisdom... mowing the lawn with a sun burning down from a blue sky... I don't reccommend it.
                            Yay vacay! 70F is good. Much better than the 80s we've been having here the last few days. Oh well, at least it's not in the 90s...

And yeah, doing anything outside with the sun burning down is a Bad Thing.

Our extra living space, by the way, now has floor, light, clean windows and a round table with 4 chairs from Ikea (bought and assembled today). My hammock too is sitting inside -- both cats find that agreeable.
                            Good luck ever getting to use your hammock again, I think it's been permanently commandeered!

I added a countdown widget to my phone. 62 days to vacay in Bend OR and that trip also happens to coincides with official last day of side hustle project. Now if only my brain can hold on just a bit longer.. .
                            More vacay fun! You're almost there!

Comment

Side note: I'm still afraid of water but I've overcome a lot of my fear, going kayakking and paddleboarding.
                              A healthy respect of water is a very good thing, in my view!

I wouldn't mind temps like that! It's been upper 80s here (over 30 C). And for the sun..... ouch!!!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes

FH-That is a cool looking bike. It looks fun!

JT2- the dream was a continuation of musings I’ve had for a fic. Maybe one day I’ll get some spare time to actually write it. It is a AU post the return part 2 with some missing scenes from the return part 1.​
                              Woohoo to vacation!!! Good luck to your brain.

I hope you get to write that fic someday!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                              Oh, that DOUBLE SUCKS! I hope your back unlocks quickly so you can at least get your ticket erased. *gentle hugs*
                              Thanks. It was quite a bit better today. Not back to my normal, but certainly not like it was. I was able to go to traffic court. I had to go up the stairs as there was no elevator in the old building. So that was unpleasant. I just went really slowly and took one step at a time. ​

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                              Yep, we had a monster raiding party over on the mainland yesterday. Very tired now, but got lots of stuff we need (yay new garden hoses!).
                              Sweet!!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

A healthy respect of water is a very good thing, in my view!

Thanks. It was quite a bit better today. Not back to my normal, but certainly not like it was. I was able to go to traffic court. I had to go up the stairs as there was no elevator in the old building. So that was unpleasant. I just went really slowly and took one step at a time. ​
                                Double YAY! I'm glad to hear everything's on the up and up.

Comment

Working...
                                X