No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Ola!As my sister and I struggled to assemble our new parasol, we received word that my youngest cousin got engaged. Since it is the first wedding in the family among the cousins, it's a joyous occasion and thus the first reaction of both my sister and the other cousins was, "With an actual wedding party, right?".

Then we realized to our utter horror it also meant buying something to wear to that feast. Not exactly our favorite occupation.
    Hah! Yeah, I'm with JT-2; it's fun to look at formal clothes, not so much wearing them. And especially the shoes that go with them.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Although, when I was at my skinniest a few years ago, I bought a little black dress that was super adorable. But then I never found an occasion to wear it to.
    Isn't that always the way it ends up?

I'm having fic withdrawal as AO3 has been down for some time now. Damn hackers.

Yeah, I saw their alerts on Twitter that they were being hit with a denial of service attack. Damn hackers.

Just checked one of the fics I have saved for rereading, and I had to go through a "check the box to prove you're not a bot" screen before proceeding to the fic, so it looks like the site's up and working again with the new security measures.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Hah! Yeah, I'm with JT-2; it's fun to look at formal clothes, not so much wearing them. And especially the shoes that go with them.
      Oh, don't get me started on dress shoes!! Finding sneakers in 10 wide is not hard. Finding nice looking, reasonably priced dress shoes? Not so much.

Isn't that always the way it ends up?
      And the odds that I'll ever be that size again are slim to none (pun not intended), but I can't give it up. So it sits in my closet for all eternity.

Yeah, I saw their alerts on Twitter that they were being hit with a denial of service attack. Damn hackers.

Just checked one of the fics I have saved for rereading, and I had to go through a "check the box to prove you're not a bot" screen before proceeding to the fic, so it looks like the site's up and working again with the new security measures.
      Yup, it's up again and on cloudfare or something that requires a security check first. As long as I can get in to read my stories, I'm happy.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Oh, don't get me started on dress shoes!! Finding sneakers in 10 wide is not hard. Finding nice looking, reasonably priced dress shoes? Not so much.
        Oh dear... *hugs*

And the odds that I'll ever be that size again are slim to none (pun not intended), but I can't give it up. So it sits in my closet for all eternity.

I've got some jeans like that.

Yup, it's up again and on cloudfare or something that requires a security check first. As long as I can get in to read my stories, I'm happy.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

As far as formal goes, all I really need is probably new pants to go with the vest I already have, and I have a black bowtie, or a rainbow-colored one... but it all depends on when my cousin plans the wedding. If it's in the summer, that could get tricky... it could be raining and cold, or hot as hell.

Like when my aunt and uncle got married (her parents). It had been bad weather all round and on that day in August it was hot as hell and none of us were prepared for that kind of weather so we were all wearing clothes not made for those temperatures. On top of that, they planned to drive to the church door with an oldtimer car (no airco)... and the church door was like right next door my aunt's parents so we could easily have walked.

One of the last times I actually wore a dress... after that, no skirts or dresses again. I don't even own one of either.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I’m not a fan of clothes shopping unless it is for pjs or snuggly sweaters/sweatshirts lol. And I had to buy a new bathing suit recently. I bought one off Amazon and washed and packed it without trying it on. Luckily it fit but I didn’t realize the tankini top was not fitted, it was loose, it was all over when I went snorkeling. Annoying and it exposed skin without sunblock. My poor back, lol.

Comment

I hate summer. This heat sucks big time. At least we didn't have the floods they had in Vermont and NY.

As far as formal goes, all I really need is probably new pants to go with the vest I already have, and I have a black bowtie, or a rainbow-colored one... but it all depends on when my cousin plans the wedding. If it's in the summer, that could get tricky... it could be raining and cold, or hot as hell.

Like when my aunt and uncle got married (her parents). It had been bad weather all round and on that day in August it was hot as hell and none of us were prepared for that kind of weather so we were all wearing clothes not made for those temperatures. On top of that, they planned to drive to the church door with an oldtimer car (no airco)... and the church door was like right next door my aunt's parents so we could easily have walked.

One of the last times I actually wore a dress... after that, no skirts or dresses again. I don't even own one of either.
              I like the IDEA of dresses, but not actually wearing them. My legs always feel way too over-exposed even when the dress is fairly long. It just feels uncomfortable since I almost never wear dresses.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
              I’m not a fan of clothes shopping unless it is for pjs or snuggly sweaters/sweatshirts lol. And I had to buy a new bathing suit recently. I bought one off Amazon and washed and packed it without trying it on. Luckily it fit but I didn’t realize the tankini top was not fitted, it was loose, it was all over when I went snorkeling. Annoying and it exposed skin without sunblock. My poor back, lol.
              Ouch!!

Bathing suits are hellish, which is probably why I had my last suit for over 15 years before I was forced to buy a new one when the old one literally started to fall apart.

Comment

I hate summer. This heat sucks big time.
                Now, living in Australia, and having been born in England, I love the summer. I did not travel half way round the world to be cold. A good 45 degree Celsius is perfect.

I like the IDEA of dresses, but not actually wearing them. My legs always feel way too over-exposed even when the dress is fairly long. It just feels uncomfortable since I almost never wear dresses.
                Well being a straight guy I do not wear dresses of course.
                But I wear shorts as much of the time as I can. They are 'real' shorts, not these cargo pants that are an abortion, somewhere between long and short. And at 77 years old I do not really care what people think of me or my legs. This is me, get over it.

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post

Now, living in Australia, and having been born in England, I love the summer. I did not travel half way round the world to be cold. A good 45 degree Celsius is perfect.
                  *converts to F* HOLY FRACKING CRAP!! 113 F??? OMG!

Well being a straight guy I do not wear dresses of course.
                  But I wear shorts as much of the time as I can. They are 'real' shorts, not these cargo pants that are an abortion, somewhere between long and short. And at 77 years old I do not really care what people think of me or my legs. This is me, get over it.
                  That's a very healthy attitude to have! Maybe I'll get over it someday.

Comment

*converts to F* HOLY FRACKING CRAP!! 113 F??? OMG!
                    That was summer in Newman (an iron ore mine) in the north of WA. It was a dry heat, so you didn't really notice it.
                    It is the humidity you feel, and it makes you sweat/perspire{or for ladies) glow

Down here in Perth it usually peaks in the high 30s to low 40s, and it is a humid heat. (gets sticky)
                    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

I hate summer. This heat sucks big time. At least we didn't have the floods they had in Vermont and NY.
                      *nods* Summer can be good if you're at the coast. Otherwise, it sucks.

I like dresses. I just don't like any of the dresses out there. Gonna have to learn to sew, then I can just go medieval.

Bathing suits are hellish, which is probably why I had my last suit for over 15 years before I was forced to buy a new one when the old one literally started to fall apart.
                      I can't even swim, so the last bathing suit I had was well over 25 years ago. Don't miss 'em.

Comment

That was summer in Newman (an iron ore mine) in the north of WA. It was a dry heat, so you didn't really notice it.
                        It is the humidity you feel, and it makes you sweat/perspire{or for ladies) glow

Down here in Perth it usually peaks in the high 30s to low 40s, and it is a humid heat. (gets sticky)
                        Okay I refuse to believe that 45 C, no matter what the humidity, could be okay. That said, it is usually the humidity that sucks.

Oh, and I may be a lady, but I do not glow. I sweat.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                        *nods* Summer can be good if you're at the coast. Otherwise, it sucks.
                        And what sucks for me, is that I can't even go enjoy the beach during the summer cause it's so crowded. People, blah!

I like dresses. I just don't like any of the dresses out there. Gonna have to learn to sew, then I can just go medieval.
                        There you go!! Now that would be fun!!!

I can't even swim, so the last bathing suit I had was well over 25 years ago. Don't miss 'em.
                        Never learned, huh?

Comment

Does not want to imagine dry heat that hot...

Also my day went just great today... I picked up the teamscall with a cheery "Goodmorning!", except it was 3 in the afternoon.

Tomorrow's going to busy cause it's the day before my holiday. 3 weeks of freedom upcoming and no one to look funny when I wish them a goodmorning at 3pm in the afternoon.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Also my day went just great today... I picked up the teamscall with a cheery "Goodmorning!", except it was 3 in the afternoon.

Tomorrow's going to busy cause it's the day before my holiday. 3 weeks of freedom upcoming and no one to look funny when I wish them a goodmorning at 3pm in the afternoon.
                            Oh dear!! I think it's a very good thing you have a nice, long vacation coming up!! Good luck on your busy last day before it.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

And what sucks for me, is that I can't even go enjoy the beach during the summer cause it's so crowded. People, blah!
                              Yup, the crowds do suck. A lot.

There you go!! Now that would be fun!!!
                              Very, very fun! Lovely flowing cool linens all summer long. *sighs*

Never learned, huh?
                              Nope. Never really had the inclination when I was younger, and now if I tried, I suppose I'd probably just panic flail and never get the hang of it.

Whoops! Sounds like you definitely need that vacation!

Comment

Well, I was going to try escaping the heat by going to the movies today, but both matinee shows I looked up were full. So I guess lots of other people had the very same idea. Pffft.

People are just so..... people-y!!

Yup, the crowds do suck. A lot.
                                And beach traffic, to boot. No thank you.

Very, very fun! Lovely flowing cool linens all summer long. *sighs*
                                Oooh, nice!!

Nope. Never really had the inclination when I was younger, and now if I tried, I suppose I'd probably just panic flail and never get the hang of it.
                                I learned at Girl Scout day camp that I attended every summer for a few weeks. We had a pool at home but I could only do the doggy paddle until the camp forced me to learn. I eventually got pretty good at it over the years. I got to the level just under a full fledged lifeguard. They wanted me to continue, as Girl Scouts is all about leadership and all that crap, but I am a follower at heart - not a leader - and certainly not wanting to be in charge of people's lives.

Comment

Working...
                                X