No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
      Note to self- no renting cars should I find myself in Belgium again one day, lol.
      Just holla! I'll be your driver.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Okay, so what does that mean by "goes without a government"? Like, it was shut down? And you have spares? Huh? I should probably google this, cause now I'm very curious.
      Belgium has a federal government with a Prime Minister (at the moment that would be Alexander De Croo) which is for the whole of the country, but then we also have a Flemish government for Flanders, a French one for Walloon, a German one for the German bit of Belgium, and one responsible for Brussel-region. So it was the federal one we were without after one of our elections.

Nothern-Ireland isn't a souvereign territory so that's why they can't steal our dubious title.

Oh... and apparently we broke our own record. It stands at 592 days.

Here's the cliff note version of the Federal Kingdom that is Belgium.
      That's sarcasm, right?
      Nope, I'm very serious. I think it sounds funky.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday! (and for those in the US, a pleasant Memorial Day!)

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Nothern-Ireland isn't a souvereign territory so that's why they can't steal our dubious title.
        Good. They shouldn't get it.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

My best friend wants me to go camping with her. Hike and camp, that is.

I've never done that before and I also don't have a tent for it. Or a backpack. Or a sleeping bag. Or any camping gear really.

So now I'm looking at one-person tents and sleeping bags, and backpacks and camping gear... and why would any sane person even do all that.

I like nature... but I have my limits.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

My best friend wants me to go camping with her. Hike and camp, that is.

I've never done that before and I also don't have a tent for it. Or a backpack. Or a sleeping bag. Or any camping gear really.

So now I'm looking at one-person tents and sleeping bags, and backpacks and camping gear... and why would any sane person even do all that.

I like nature... but I have my limits.
            Yeah, I've gone camping a few times when I was a kid, but never as an adult. I think the camping gene must've switched off in my brain.

Comment

I hate camping. Full stop.

And now I'm going to rant about the Ted Lasso finale. Not only did my ship not sail, but they baited the hell out of us shippers in the last episode. To the point where I saw many non-shippers online acknowledging that we'd been baited and saying they are so sorry to us. I'm so freaking angry, you can't imagine it. If they'd just not let the ship happen, but ended the show in an organic way, I would have been sad but I'd have gotten over it. But the blatant baiting was downright cruel. I mean, the very first scene led you to think they'd hooked up, only to then play a switch out. When I saw that, I was like OH MAN! But it also made me hopeful, because they wouldn't tease us like that and NOT pay it off, right? Wrong.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

And now I'm going to rant about the Ted Lasso finale. Not only did my ship not sail, but they baited the hell out of us shippers in the last episode. To the point where I saw many non-shippers online acknowledging that we'd been baited and saying they are so sorry to us. I'm so freaking angry, you can't imagine it. If they'd just not let the ship happen, but ended the show in an organic way, I would have been sad but I'd have gotten over it. But the blatant baiting was downright cruel. I mean, the very first scene led you to think they'd hooked up, only to then play a switch out. When I saw that, I was like OH MAN! But it also made me hopeful, because they wouldn't tease us like that and NOT pay it off, right? Wrong.
                Ouch! I am so sorry to hear that. *hugs* I guess the showrunners went to the same school as M&M and D&D.

Comment

Camping gear list: I can check the tent off the list.

Friend of my best friend ordered one and got 4 mailed to her. I'm adopting one of hers for a small price (lower than it actually costs but I promised to buy her an icecream at one of our future hikes).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Camping gear list: I can check the tent off the list.

Friend of my best friend ordered one and got 4 mailed to her. I'm adopting one of hers for a small price (lower than it actually costs but I promised to buy her an icecream at one of our future hikes).
                    Ice cream is always good!

Comment

Good luck on your camping trip, FH!! There's not enough ice cream in the world to make me camp ever again. The last time I went, with Girl Scouts, I was like 13 or 14. I had my first panic attack. I didn't know what it was at the time, only that I felt really sick. And then the minute I left the camp ground, all my symptoms went away mysteriously. When I told my mom I didn't want to camp anymore, she was so damn happy. She later said she wanted to get out of the car and kiss the ground. I was her late in life baby and she'd already been a scout leader through 3 other children.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Ouch! I am so sorry to hear that. *hugs* I guess the showrunners went to the same school as M&M and D&D.
                      I need the *hugs*, thank you. I feel like I'm in mourning. Which is silly. It's only a show. But it's still how I feel.

Anywho, who are D&D??

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Good luck on your camping trip, FH!! There's not enough ice cream in the world to make me camp ever again. The last time I went, with Girl Scouts, I was like 13 or 14. I had my first panic attack. I didn't know what it was at the time, only that I felt really sick. And then the minute I left the camp ground, all my symptoms went away mysteriously. When I told my mom I didn't want to camp anymore, she was so damn happy. She later said she wanted to get out of the car and kiss the ground. I was her late in life baby and she'd already been a scout leader through 3 other children.
                        LOL at your mom's reaction! That's just too funny! I'd never be able to camp anymore, the bugs alone would drive me crazy.

I need the *hugs*, thank you. I feel like I'm in mourning. Which is silly. It's only a show. But it's still how I feel.
                        I understand, believe me. It's how I still feel after Avengers Endgame. And probably how a lot of us still feel after Lifeline. *sporks M&M*

Anywho, who are D&D??
                        David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, the executive producers of Game of Thrones. Or Dumb and Dumber, as some of us like to call them after the dumpster fire they made of Season 8 (and even before that).

Comment

Good luck on your camping trip, FH!!
                          The first one could also be the last one... so I will need all the luck I can get.

When it'll be I don't know yet, but I'll be sure to report on it on my Insta.

Comment

LOL at your mom's reaction! That's just too funny! I'd never be able to camp anymore, the bugs alone would drive me crazy.
                            Right???? Noooo, thank you. And I want a warm shower, and indoor plumbing. So sure, camping, but at like a hotel.

I understand, believe me. It's how I still feel after Avengers Endgame. And probably how a lot of us still feel after Lifeline. *sporks M&M*
                            This is true. *glomps you* You were done dirty with Endgame. So, so dirty. At least, with Ted Lasso being a comedy and all, no one died. And the fix-it fics are already coming out.

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, the executive producers of Game of Thrones. Or Dumb and Dumber, as some of us like to call them after the dumpster fire they made of Season 8 (and even before that).
                            I was actually going to watch Game of Thrones, then I heard about the dumpster fire of Season 8. I dodged a bullet on that one.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                            The first one could also be the last one... so I will need all the luck I can get.

When it'll be I don't know yet, but I'll be sure to report on it on my Insta.
                            Looking forward to the pics and stories!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Right???? Noooo, thank you. And I want a warm shower, and indoor plumbing. So sure, camping, but at like a hotel.
                              Glamping. Yup.

This is true. *glomps you* You were done dirty with Endgame. So, so dirty. At least, with Ted Lasso being a comedy and all, no one died. And the fix-it fics are already coming out.
                              Thank goodness there's always fanfic. Although I've never even been able to read post-Endgame fic...my heart's just not in it anymore. Oh well. Post-Lifeline and post-S5 SGA fic has been much more satisfying, however.

I was actually going to watch Game of Thrones, then I heard about the dumpster fire of Season 8. I dodged a bullet on that one.
                              Honestly, the first 4-5 seasons are good, mainly because they had finished books to work from for the storylines. They were given an outline of how everything was going to end up, but not fully fleshed out books, so they fudged on the details and dropped storylines that were probably going to significantly factor into the final book but they didn't have the imagination to figure out how to do it, which is why a lot of stuff later on feels so half-@$$ed.

But hey...DRAGONS.

Comment

Thank goodness there's always fanfic. Although I've never even been able to read post-Endgame fic...my heart's just not in it anymore. Oh well. Post-Lifeline and post-S5 SGA fic has been much more satisfying, however.
                                Fic is the best!! It's strange that for some media, I'm all about fic where for others I have no desire to read it. And it's not necessarily just stuff I didn't like the outcome for. I love reading Hunger Games stories even though I am perfectly content with how that ended. *shrugs*

Honestly, the first 4-5 seasons are good, mainly because they had finished books to work from for the storylines. They were given an outline of how everything was going to end up, but not fully fleshed out books, so they fudged on the details and dropped storylines that were probably going to significantly factor into the final book but they didn't have the imagination to figure out how to do it, which is why a lot of stuff later on feels so half-@$$ed.

But hey...DRAGONS.

Dragons ARE cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X