No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to have some routine blood work in the morning, so I'm fasting tonight. What is it about the idea that you CAN'T eat that makes you desperately WANT to eat?

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you've all been having a great Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Another busy day on the mainland with medical appointments. Finally got back on track with regular eye exams; yay, the ophthalmologist says I need reading glasses! Fortunately, it's minor enough I can just get readers at the drugstore; I've already seen some cute as heck purple ones.
    I was wondering why you hadn't posted. Ah, reading glasses. I hit that milestone a few years ago myself. As I already wear contacts for distance, I decided on 2 different contact strengths to avoid the readers. But then, my reading had gotten so bad I couldn't see my cell phone or computer screen, so I would have had to wear the readers all the flipping time. So glad you could get some cute ones, though!

Yup yup! Bring on the fruity drinks with pink umbrellas!
    Ooooh, yes!! That's the best kind!

Comment

Already got some of my blood work back. My blood sugar is way down! Woohoo!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Already got some of my blood work back. My blood sugar is way down! Woohoo!!
        Yay! That's excellent news! And best part...now you can eat.

I have to have some routine blood work in the morning, so I'm fasting tonight. What is it about the idea that you CAN'T eat that makes you desperately WANT to eat?
        Ugh, I know, right? It's the allure of the forbidden...

​​​​​​​
        I was wondering why you hadn't posted. Ah, reading glasses. I hit that milestone a few years ago myself. As I already wear contacts for distance, I decided on 2 different contact strengths to avoid the readers. But then, my reading had gotten so bad I couldn't see my cell phone or computer screen, so I would have had to wear the readers all the flipping time. So glad you could get some cute ones, though!
        Yay, Foster Grant!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hey, it's just creative crafts for cats!
          My sister is of a different opinion.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yay! That's excellent news! And best part...now you can eat.
            I did buy some cupcakes. A rare treat.
            Plus, I had my bi-yearly cancer check up today and the scans were normal!!

Ugh, I know, right? It's the allure of the forbidden...
            Yeeeeeees!!!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
            ​​​​​​​My sister is of a different opinion.
            Ah, sisters. They're so silly!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

I did buy some cupcakes. A rare treat.
              Plus, I had my bi-yearly cancer check up today and the scans were normal!!
              Awesome news! Definitely worthy of celebratory cupcakes!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              My sister is of a different opinion.
              Bwahahahahahah!!!!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I discovered 2 gift cards to the movie theater that I'd forgotten I had, so I used them to go see Chevalier today. It was quite good! I highly recommend. But only if you like violin/classical music. If you dislike that, then this is not the movie for you.

Awesome news! Definitely worthy of celebratory cupcakes!
                Thanks!!

Comment

Yay for healthy JT!

Also... the war with the Blue Tit is ongoing though it is turning into our favor. Bar from trapping the bird and deporting it to another province, we have made some progress on scaring it away from the windows.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

I discovered 2 gift cards to the movie theater that I'd forgotten I had, so I used them to go see Chevalier today. It was quite good! I highly recommend. But only if you like violin/classical music. If you dislike that, then this is not the movie for you.
                    Glad you enjoyed it! I'll have to keep an eye out for that one. I don't know if it'll get into either of the little theaters we have out here, but there's always streaming.

Also... the war with the Blue Tit is ongoing though it is turning into our favor. Bar from trapping the bird and deporting it to another province, we have made some progress on scaring it away from the windows.
                    Muahahahahaha!!!!!! Excellent!

Comment

Hey, the site is back up! It was down before. So yay!!

Yay for healthy JT!

Thank you!

And

What are you doing in this war? I'm curious.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                      Glad you enjoyed it! I'll have to keep an eye out for that one. I don't know if it'll get into either of the little theaters we have out here, but there's always streaming.
                      Yeah, it should be streaming in a few months. It was set in pre-revolution France and you have Marie Antoinette and you just laugh cause you know what's coming. (It doesn't show that). I'm not really spoiling anything, cause you know... history. Like it's hard to spoil the main plot of Titanic. But, but I never thought the ship would hit that iceberg!

Comment

What are you doing in this war? I'm curious.
                        Simple arts & crafts.

I printed a black silhouette of a predator bird. Cut it out and attached it to yellow and green strings, which I then proceeded to trap between the windows of my bedroom and my sister's study. So, one window has the silhouette of the bird, and the other has two long strings with smaller strings attached to it, also trapped between the window so that it doesn't tap against it (cause unfortunately it did that or got stuck against it when the string got wet).

Normally you can add stickers to your windows but we have an exterior layer of foil attached to our windows to keep the heat of the sun out cause the front of our house faces south and it gets really hot there during Summer and we have like a huge window from bottom to top in our hallway so we also had to make sure to keep people from gazing in cause I may not have told you but our bathroom is located exactly opposite that window so if the door opens but a smidgen too far and you're not entirely decent, the street has a magnificent view of yours truly in their birthday suit.

Comment

@ FH. How is the new job going? Are you settling in now & playing nice with your colleagues?
                          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Sparky world tour! Speaking of fear of heights/falling I am trying to face some of those fears this fall in Utah. I have a hiking and rappelling trip planned. I’m already nervous.

I’m calling my advisor tomorrow to switch classes or withdraw for the term as I just can’t with corporate finance for the next 10 weeks while working 2 jobs and having a senior (gasp) in high school with all the events. My official end date for one of the jobs is the first week of June. I’ll miss the money but I can’t sustain this pace. And it also left me owing federal taxes this year. Tears. I was planning on taking the next school term off because a) summer and b) I’m more than a bit burned out but maybe that school break would be better now.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Yeah, it should be streaming in a few months. It was set in pre-revolution France and you have Marie Antoinette and you just laugh cause you know what's coming. (It doesn't show that). I'm not really spoiling anything, cause you know... history. Like it's hard to spoil the main plot of Titanic. But, but I never thought the ship would hit that iceberg!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                              Sparky world tour! Speaking of fear of heights/falling I am trying to face some of those fears this fall in Utah. I have a hiking and rappelling trip planned. I’m already nervous.

I’m calling my advisor tomorrow to switch classes or withdraw for the term as I just can’t with corporate finance for the next 10 weeks while working 2 jobs and having a senior (gasp) in high school with all the events. My official end date for one of the jobs is the first week of June. I’ll miss the money but I can’t sustain this pace. And it also left me owing federal taxes this year. Tears. I was planning on taking the next school term off because a) summer and b) I’m more than a bit burned out but maybe that school break would be better now.
                              Ooooh, yeah that's a lot to have on your plate right now. Easing up on the classes would be a big help.

Have fun on your Utah trip, and slay those fears! ​​​​​​​

Comment

I went to my brother's house for our weekly Sunday night dinner. He made chicken soup from scratch, and he and my sister-in-law thought it was delicious. Me, not so much. He put Portuguese chourico in it, and I don't enjoy that taste. I managed to get my requisite one bowl down while picking out the slices of that sausage crap. My adult nephew was not as subtle. His facial expression as he was eating it was freaking hilarious! My brother was so impressed that he'd added no salt. And I was thinking IT NEEDED SALT!!! But hey, I didn't have to cook it so it's all good.

ETA: I'm having an unexpected side effect of soup for dinner.... not being able to sleep cause I have to pee every frelling hour!

Simple arts & crafts.

I printed a black silhouette of a predator bird. Cut it out and attached it to yellow and green strings, which I then proceeded to trap between the windows of my bedroom and my sister's study. So, one window has the silhouette of the bird, and the other has two long strings with smaller strings attached to it, also trapped between the window so that it doesn't tap against it (cause unfortunately it did that or got stuck against it when the string got wet).

Normally you can add stickers to your windows but we have an exterior layer of foil attached to our windows to keep the heat of the sun out cause the front of our house faces south and it gets really hot there during Summer and we have like a huge window from bottom to top in our hallway so we also had to make sure to keep people from gazing in cause I may not have told you but our bathroom is located exactly opposite that window so if the door opens but a smidgen too far and you're not entirely decent, the street has a magnificent view of yours truly in their birthday suit.
                                Oh goodness!!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes

I’m calling my advisor tomorrow to switch classes or withdraw for the term as I just can’t with corporate finance for the next 10 weeks while working 2 jobs and having a senior (gasp) in high school with all the events. My official end date for one of the jobs is the first week of June. I’ll miss the money but I can’t sustain this pace. And it also left me owing federal taxes this year. Tears. I was planning on taking the next school term off because a) summer and b) I’m more than a bit burned out but maybe that school break would be better now.​
                                Rappelling, huh? Uh, no thanks. But best of luck to you on it! I'm sure you'll conquer your fear.

I have been wondering how you could possibly accomplish everything you're accomplishing and not get burned out. Add to that a high school senior's schedule and that's just insane! I hope you can relax a little once your schedule changes.
                                Last edited by JT-2; 23 April 2023, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X