• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm probably going next year.

Might have made a causal new friend.
    sigpic
    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Originally posted by Morgania View Post

Awesome! On both counts!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Note to self: never take on a side project with a full time job while taking classes. Again, that is. I may have overcommitted. I ran away from responsibility today to take a train ride and hike a scenic arch area. Mood is much improved, haha.

Glad you had a great time at the convention.

Comment

FH - how are you feeling? I hope the painkillers are helping!!

Good luck to everyone's teams! (And good luck to my pro teams on Sunday!)

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
          Note to self: never take on a side project with a full time job while taking classes. Again, that is. I may have overcommitted. I ran away from responsibility today to take a train ride and hike a scenic arch area. Mood is much improved, haha.
          Sometimes you need to take a break. I'm glad your mood is improved!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

JT-2 is right, sometimes you just need a break. Glad you had a great time!

And now, this week's College Football Roundup! It was a nearly perfect week as USC fed Stanford to the wood chipper 41-28, Tennessee smacked around Pittsburgh 34-27, Rhode Island dropped the hammer on Bryant 35-21, and in the race for the Atlantis Cup, Navy fell to Memphis 37-13, and Air Force kicked Colorado off a cliff 41-10. Needless to say, John and Lorne had an OBSCENE amount of fun at this morning's PT run in Atlantis. The Marines? Not so much.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Managed to submit this week’s homework on time- even after taking a full day off! And now the timer starts again.

How’s the air now, SK? Saw some crazy smoky orange sunset photos. Beautiful and scary.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

JT-2 is right, sometimes you just need a break. Glad you had a great time!

And now, this week's College Football Roundup! It was a nearly perfect week as USC fed Stanford to the wood chipper 41-28, Tennessee smacked around Pittsburgh 34-27, Rhode Island dropped the hammer on Bryant 35-21, and in the race for the Atlantis Cup, Navy fell to Memphis 37-13, and Air Force kicked Colorado off a cliff 41-10. Needless to say, John and Lorne had an OBSCENE amount of fun at this morning's PT run in Atlantis. The Marines? Not so much.
              Love it And I’m still watching Eureka where Kavan Smith had a recurring role as Deputy Andy- an AI. He cracks me up.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                ...Air Force kicked Colorado off a cliff 41-10.
                Falcons flying!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                FH - how are you feeling? I hope the painkillers are helping!!
                I'm off the painkillers now since yesterday and muscles are behaving as they should, with only tiny pricks sometimes where they connect with the bone (I imagine) -- both lower jaw and just above the joint. Chewing is still slow, which I'm not used to. I'm a fast eater generally speaking.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Managed to submit this week’s homework on time- even after taking a full day off! And now the timer starts again.
                  Ugh, the grind is real. *hugs*

How’s the air now, SK? Saw some crazy smoky orange sunset photos. Beautiful and scary.
                  Still murky but a bit more clear. Supposedly according to the weather gurus, the winds are shifting and should be pushing the smoke out of our area starting today. I'll believe it when I see it.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  I'm off the painkillers now since yesterday and muscles are behaving as they should, with only tiny pricks sometimes where they connect with the bone (I imagine) -- both lower jaw and just above the joint. Chewing is still slow, which I'm not used to. I'm a fast eater generally speaking.
                  Sometimes slowing down is good. Glad the jaw is recovering, hope everything will be back to normal soon!

Comment

FH- I hope you keep recovering. That is no fun.

SK- I hope they are right and you get some improvement on air quality. I really ought to listen to you and plan visits in October. I’m scheduled to fly out soon

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

SK- I hope they are right and you get some improvement on air quality. I really ought to listen to you and plan visits in October. I’m scheduled to fly out soon
                      Well, the skies are looking a lot more blue and gray instead of the orange and brown of this weekend, though it still seems quite hazy.

Hope you have a good trip!

Comment

I'm maybe planning to return to Atlanta. For more visiting with my friend.

And perhaps also the new friend.
                        sigpic
                        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

The jaw is back in line! Hoping to never doing that again.

Yesterday my autistic self was put to the test again. My teamlead -- who is the best I've ever had -- announced she's switching to another director's position which means we are getting a new director (no idea who yet -- the application was only just put out to the masses within the company). Like I mentioned she's one of the best teamleads I've ever had and for us that'll be a huge loss and client service is gaining an excellent head.

The whole team was down all day yesterday and then we started nominating people we thought would fit right in. We nominated one of our colleagues but he's not interested. Then we realized one of the less-liked (read: do not want) colleagues might want to apply which immediately resulted in at least 2 of us stating out loud we'd quit our jobs (one of them being me). Our teamlead assured us that "he" wouldn't get it... I sincerely hope, she has a say in the matter.

So yeah... my week is of to an excellent start...
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I'm maybe planning to return to Atlanta. For more visiting with my friend.

And perhaps also the new friend.
                            Awesome! Have a great time!

The jaw is back in line! Hoping to never doing that again.
                            Yay! That's great news! And yes, hopefully that never happens again.

​​​​​​​
                            Yesterday my autistic self was put to the test again. My teamlead -- who is the best I've ever had -- announced she's switching to another director's position which means we are getting a new director (no idea who yet -- the application was only just put out to the masses within the company). Like I mentioned she's one of the best teamleads I've ever had and for us that'll be a huge loss and client service is gaining an excellent head.

The whole team was down all day yesterday and then we started nominating people we thought would fit right in. We nominated one of our colleagues but he's not interested. Then we realized one of the less-liked (read: do not want) colleagues might want to apply which immediately resulted in at least 2 of us stating out loud we'd quit our jobs (one of them being me). Our teamlead assured us that "he" wouldn't get it... I sincerely hope, she has a say in the matter.

So yeah... my week is of to an excellent start...
                            Eeep! Let's hope Not The One doesn't get the job! *hugs*

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Comment

Working...
                                X