Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Loena Hendrickx is indeed skating in Japan at the moment.
    Last I saw in the news she was somewhere around the 5th position.

We have a second Belgian skater who was ranked 14th last I saw... Nina Pinzarrone.
    I did end up seeing Loena Hendrickx skate. I loved her routine. Too bad she didn't nail that triple-triple combination jump or she probably would have been in second.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Let's see if the forum works for me today...
      EDIT: It works! It works!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Yes, so true! I do love the doggos at the beach.
      Doggos and beaches go together like peanut butter and chocolate.

It should, thanks. My doctor just increased the dosage of the medicine to try to help my joint pain, and it causes a temporary GI problem. Should be resolved in a day or two when my body adjusts.
      Ah, one of those. *shakes finger at meds*

SO MUCH!! And I love the Rodney and Elizabeth friendship. And that end scene, so cute!
      Heeheehee!

Oh, and I just found my first bug in the house for the season. Between that and allergies.... this is why I like winter.
      ​The spiders have started coming out... *shudders*
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

As I was driving over to my brother's house for dinner, there was a traffic jam and I could see smoke coming out of an electrical transformer. As I got closer, the transformer exploded in a huge yellow fire ball and made a huge BOOM sound. I was like "nope, peace out!"

My sister-in-law then calls me to say they lost power. So I told her why. No Chinese stir fry for us tonight!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Doggos and beaches go together like peanut butter and chocolate.
        (Nice call out to a Sparky scene!)

Mmm, I could go for a peanut butter cup right now.....

Ah, one of those. *shakes finger at meds*
        Yup. Thankfully, my body has now adjusted. Hopefully this increased dosage helps the joint pain. It's still a few weeks until I see the rheumatologist.

​The spiders have started coming out... *shudders*
        I hate spiders!!!

Comment

I complained about this on Tumblr, but I'm going to complain here too. I was watching the figure skating that's been on the USA TV channel. But I noticed that the ice dance competition wasn't in the line up. So I dig into it, and the ice dance events are only available on Peacock premium. What a freaking rip off!!! I'm sick and tired of a thousand and one different streaming services that you have to buy on top of regular cable. (Now get off my lawn)

Comment

I think streaming services are upping the illegal download business. I mean, if you keep it all behind a paywall, that's one thing, but then not have it available worldwide, that's another.

I don't mind having to wait a day for something to be released but just recently I did an impromptu rewatch of DC's Legends Of Tomorrow which is available on Netflix worldwide.

First obstacle I encountered was during the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover event. As it turns out Batwoman is not available on Netflix worldwide. Then I finished season 6 and noticed season 7 wasn't available so I googled its release date. Turns out, it won't be available worldwide -- only available in the US.

I have it downloaded but I wanted to watch it properly. Decided to buy the DVD boxset which promised some extras... those were incredibly disappointing to say the least. The only thing golden were the blooper reels. The rest is severely lacking, even containing features which have nothing to do with Legends and everything to do with the other The CW shows, all of which are cancelled by now.

We have exactly two subscriptions for streaming services, Disney+ and Netflix. Beyond that we still have a subscription to digital TV but we barely use it since there's literally nothing new on our channels. American series run a full season behind and that is if they are even broadcast.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Re: streaming services and territorial "exclusives"... Hate that stuff. I can understand it with older properties that may still be under previous broadcast contracts that were signed before the streaming services came into existence, but brand new movies/series? Grrr. Which is why right now we only have our satellite TV and HBO Max. We'll pop Disney+ on for a month once Mando S3 is fully available so we can binge it, then that's off again.

And yeah, the sports is REALLY annoying. Noticed that during the Olympics when I was trying to watch track and field events.

As I was driving over to my brother's house for dinner, there was a traffic jam and I could see smoke coming out of an electrical transformer. As I got closer, the transformer exploded in a huge yellow fire ball and made a huge BOOM sound. I was like "nope, peace out!"

My sister-in-law then calls me to say they lost power. So I told her why. No Chinese stir fry for us tonight!
              Whoa! Definitely a 'nope!' moment!

(Nice call out to a Sparky scene!)

Mmm, I could go for a peanut butter cup right now.....
              Heh! I couldn't resist.

Mmmm, peanut butter cup...
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I loved reading the posts where you are rewatching SGA, I watched/listened to a few episodes while working. Tao of Rodney, I need to get to that next! It is such a nice treat to watch those episodes when I’m completely overwhelmed with life.

so… there is a bear rescue in my area, The Appalachian Bear Rescue- and the newest cub they brought in was named- sparky bear. I had to share.

Comment

Re: streaming services and territorial "exclusives"... Hate that stuff. I can understand it with older properties that may still be under previous broadcast contracts that were signed before the streaming services came into existence, but brand new movies/series? Grrr. Which is why right now we only have our satellite TV and HBO Max. We'll pop Disney+ on for a month once Mando S3 is fully available so we can binge it, then that's off again.
                  That's what I'm planning on doing with Ted Lasso on Apple (provided it ends well.... I will not watch another show that has a crap ending).

I currently have Disney+, Hulu, and Netflix. I'm considering dropping Netflix as I don't use it too much.

And yeah, the sports is REALLY annoying. Noticed that during the Olympics when I was trying to watch track and field events.
                  YES!! I also noticed it during the Olympics.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
                  I loved reading the posts where you are rewatching SGA, I watched/listened to a few episodes while working. Tao of Rodney, I need to get to that next! It is such a nice treat to watch those episodes when I’m completely overwhelmed with life.
                  Yes, a good SGA episode always helps the soul.

It helps my insomnia. I recently watched Critical Mass:

Dr. Kavanagh, stop talking please.
                  John's butt/Elizabeth's desk - OTP!
                  And again, John leans over Elizabeth to read her computer. What's personal space between friends?

Grace Under Pressure:

Chocolate and peanut butter!
                  I also adore the scene where John and Elizabeth talk Radek into going on the mission. They are such parents in that scene! John is all stern while then Elizabeth manipulates Radek into it. Then the look John gives her... all... "nicely done, my wife!"
                  And it always cracks me up when Rodney calls the jumper a lemon.

The Tower:

I only watched the end balcony scene. I love how John's all "I could have got the girl. Turned her down." It's so "see Elizabeth women want me!!" And she gives him an indulgent smile. "Yes John, you're very desirable"

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
                  so… there is a bear rescue in my area, The Appalachian Bear Rescue- and the newest cub they brought in was named- sparky bear. I had to share.​
                  Awwwwwwwww!!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                    so… there is a bear rescue in my area, The Appalachian Bear Rescue- and the newest cub they brought in was named- sparky bear. I had to share.
                    SQUEEEE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                      I guess we have a mascot now. Can we donate to this rescue?
                      Perhaps support our Sparky bear.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hey, FH, congratulations to Loena Hendrickx on her bronze medal!! I really enjoy watching her skate.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

So, the forum is back up but we've lost a week of posts.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

So, the forum is back up but we've lost a week of posts.
                              Whoa! Well, that's annoying.

Comment

That is so strange, where did those posts go?

So I accidentally went on a spy show kick on my homework break day, I watched the Recruit and now I’m on the Night Agent (both on Netflix) and two SGA alums have appeared. Robert Patrick and….Ben Cotton, the guy who played Kavanagh. Very different character. He’s kind of a tough guy villain. I’m still unsettled .

Comment

Working...
                                X