• Show
Clear All

Sorry for your loss JT-2.
    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
      Sorry for your loss JT-2.
      Thanks. I hadn't communicated with her in some time. I knew she had stage 3 cancer but didn't know it had progressed so far. I feel so badly for her husband and son. Her son must be 10-12 at this point. Never good to lose a parent that young. I can empathize. Don't hesitate going to the doctor if something is wrong, folks!

This reminds me that I need to work harder to convince my siblings to get their cancer screenings. They are both getting older (59 and 63 - I'm the baby by more than a decade). Neither has had a colonoscopy. My sister goes for mammograms when she gets around to it every few years. *sigh*

Comment

I am an 'only child', so I do not have siblings trying to convince me of anything, and in 3 years I will reach the age my father passed away at (not cancer) so I will keep going & see if I can pass him & chase my mother to 97.
        Wish me luck LBtgDSf.gif
        http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

I am an 'only child', so I do not have siblings trying to convince me of anything, and in 3 years I will reach the age my father passed away at (not cancer) so I will keep going & see if I can pass him & chase my mother to 97.
          Wish me luck!
          I would aim for 100 and go from there. It's what I'm doing.

If my paternal genes are any indication than I might just make it. I had a great-grandmother who surpassed 100. On my mother's side, they all maxed out in their eighties and nineties -- my mom being the exception.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Wish me luck LBtgDSf.gif
            Good luck!!! 97 is a good goal.

My dad died at 65 and my mom at 83 (though she'd endured 3 cancers and 2 heart surgeries). I ain't making it to 100. My siblings were adopted so we have no idea how their genes might affect them. In my opinion, that makes it even more important to be screened. My sister-in-law has had the same argument with them. But it's like talking to brick walls.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Galadriel ... that's all.

But also the music, the cinematography, the intro sequence, the costumes, the props... ah so much love.

In other news, saw a tweet from Torri about the FIFA Worldchampionship. Her support goes to Wales.

You are Watching The Show Too????

AWESOME

I Have Been Listening to The Soundtrack...
              Last edited by america126; 28 November 2022, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

Well, neither my brother nor my sister-in-law got sick at all. So maybe it was just a coincidence that the two of us got sick at the same time? I don't know. *shrugs* We both feel better now, and that's what counts.

Welcome back! No, never seen it.

I will either support your team or Croatia. Good luck!!​
                Thanks!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Croatia is playing Canada right now. Go Croatia!!

ETA: Croatia won, 4-1! Woohoooooo!!
                  Yay, Croatia! *does a happy dance*

Now that would be cool to see!!!
                  Otters are very cool. Like fuzzy Slinkys.

I just found out one of my Tumblr mutuals from my Hunger Games days passed away this morning. She had breast cancer, and she was around my age or a bit younger. Cancer sucks.
                  *hugs you* I'm so sorry about your friend. Cancer really does suck.

Which reminds me, I need to schedule my screenings for after New Year's.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Otters are very cool. Like fuzzy Slinkys.
                    ... best description of an otter I've heard so far.

Originally posted by america126 View Post
                    You are Watching The Show Too???
                    Have seen the whole season. Will have to rewatch it at some point to get all the clues and details I missed first time around.

Originally posted by america126 View Post
                    I Have Been Listening to The Soundtrack...
                    Bear McCreary does an excellent job.
                    Mind you, I do hear a lot of Outlander in his Harefoot scoring.

Comment

Have seen the whole season. Will have to rewatch it at some point to get all the clues and details I missed first time around.

Bear McCreary does an excellent job.
                      Mind you, I do hear a lot of Outlander in his Harefoot scoring.
                      Awesome!

Same Here!!!

That is SO Cool

Comment

Yes, boars are scary pests and the national park service has traps for them and some sections fenced off to keep them from further encroaching. The thing is, their snorts sound a lot like bear grunts so you never quite know what’s lurking behind those trees.

I did some rappelling on my hiking not shopping Friday. We made our way down a little cliff and into a slot cavern. It was very cool. I was very sore later, lol.

I just found out one of my Tumblr mutuals from my Hunger Games days passed away this morning. She had breast cancer, and she was around my age or a bit younger. Cancer sucks.
                        I’m very sorry to hear that. Cancer does indeed suck.

Comment

I got my hair cut and highlighted today. She cut it much shorter than I really wanted (like 3 inches), but it's nice.... feels very light. It just hits the top of my shoulders now. It should cut down on snarls, at least.

Oh, and I saw 2 young deer in my neighborhood this morning, trotting along the main road before sneaking back into the woods.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          *hugs you* I'm so sorry about your friend. Cancer really does suck.

Which reminds me, I need to schedule my screenings for after New Year's.

And thank you. *hugs*

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
                          Yes, boars are scary pests and the national park service has traps for them and some sections fenced off to keep them from further encroaching. The thing is, their snorts sound a lot like bear grunts so you never quite know what’s lurking behind those trees.

I did some rappelling on my hiking not shopping Friday. We made our way down a little cliff and into a slot cavern. It was very cool. I was very sore later, lol.
                          I would completely freak out if I ever saw a bear or a boar!

I hope the soreness didn't last too long!!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
                          I’m very sorry to hear that. Cancer does indeed suck.​
                          Yes. It really made me appreciate that mine was caught early. *thanks God or gods or fate or the force or whatever*

Comment

I would completely freak out if I ever saw a bear or a boar!
                            I would enthusiastically point -- "Look a bear!" or "Look a boar!" ... before realization sets in and it turns to "Oh ****, a bear/boar!"

Though, I should perhaps mention that bears are not naturally seen in my part of the world so should that happen they probably escaped their enclosure of a zoo somewhere. Boars, on the other hand, do roam our forests but are rarely seen during the day.

Comment

I would enthusiastically point -- "Look a bear!" or "Look a boar!" ... before realization sets in and it turns to "Oh ****, a bear/boar!"

Though, I should perhaps mention that bears are not naturally seen in my part of the world so should that happen they probably escaped their enclosure of a zoo somewhere. Boars, on the other hand, do roam our forests but are rarely seen during the day.

There are bears in my town, but not my part of town. Only in the more rural areas. A quick google search tells me that we have no wild boars (hence, my not even knowing what it would look like).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Heehee!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post

I think my reaction to a bear or boar would be a combo of JT-2 and Falcon Horus... first the "cool!" then the "ZOMG GET ME OUTTA HERE!"

Hope the soreness is gone, the hike and rappelling sounds like fun!
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X