No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's so freaking cold here! I had to turn the heat on a few days ago. Usually I make it to December before I have to do that. Last year I made it to January. Damn oil bill is going to be huge!!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      It's so freaking cold here! I had to turn the heat on a few days ago. Usually I make it to December before I have to do that. Last year I made it to January. Damn oil bill is going to be huge!!
      20° Celsius = 68° Fahrenheit --> max temp of our heating

Also the max temp of the office floor heating (due to energy crisis and high costs). However, it feels much colder at work than it does at home. Mind you, at home I can fetch me a blanket, 2 heated teddybears and/or 2 cats. I don't have that at work. At work I'm cold.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I visited the local rock shop. Bought a couple opalite turtles.
        sigpic
        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Also the max temp of the office floor heating (due to energy crisis and high costs). However, it feels much colder at work than it does at home. Mind you, at home I can fetch me a blanket, 2 heated teddybears and/or 2 cats. I don't have that at work. At work I'm cold.
          I usually keep my heat at 60 F (15.5 C), but I caught a chill last night and had to turn it up a few degrees. But I am unusual in keeping it at that cold a temp. My sister was just mocking me for it last night. She called me a polar bear.

And cats always help!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Brrr! We've had the heat on for a couple of weeks now. Autumn basically lasted for a couple of weeks until Halloween, then the temps dropped. Reminds me of that year when it snowed Nov. 1.

Heh! I'll bet cats help!

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
            I visited the local rock shop. Bought a couple opalite turtles.
            Squee! Turtles are cute! And advantage of carved stone ones, you don't need to feed them!

So now, on to this week's College Football Roundup! It was a mostly good week, as USC won the shootout with crosstown rival UCLA 48-45, Tennessee lost a heartbreaker to South Carolina 63-38, Rhode Island beat Albany 35-21, and in the Atlantis Cup standings, Navy beat UCF 17-14, and Air Force beat Colorado State 24-12. On to next week!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I usually keep my heat at 60 F (15.5 C), but I caught a chill last night and had to turn it up a few degrees. But I am unusual in keeping it at that cold a temp. My sister was just mocking me for it last night. She called me a polar bear.
              I wholeheartedly agree!!

I'd look like a michelin man in your house.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Brrr! We've had the heat on for a couple of weeks now. Autumn basically lasted for a couple of weeks until Halloween, then the temps dropped. Reminds me of that year when it snowed Nov. 1.
                That is WAY too early for snow!!

And at least we aren't getting 5 feet of snow like they did in Buffalo, NY. Did you see the pictures of that?

And yes, autumn seemed to fly by this year. It was summer, then boom!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                I wholeheartedly agree!!

I'd look like a michelin man in your house.

I just bought a couple of warm pajama sets to keep me toasty at night.
                ​​

Comment

Well, we had a family dinner Sunday night with me, my sister, brother and sister-in-law, and nephew. My sister and I both got sick later in the evening so we think we got food poisoning from the meat pie my brother had bought at his church bazaar. I'm so glad I only ate a few bites (I didn't really like it). My sister had 2 pieces and she was much worse off than I was.

Comment

Well, we had a family dinner Sunday night with me, my sister, brother and sister-in-law, and nephew. My sister and I both got sick later in the evening so we think we got food poisoning from the meat pie my brother had bought at his church bazaar. I'm so glad I only ate a few bites (I didn't really like it). My sister had 2 pieces and she was much worse off than I was.
                    Umpf...I hope, at least, your brother felt a bit guilty afterwards.

Comment

That Sucks

Comment

Hi!!

I Am Back

I Have Been Busy

Has Anyone Watched The Rings of Power????

it is SO Good!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by america126 View Post
                          Galadriel ... that's all.

But also the music, the cinematography, the intro sequence, the costumes, the props... ah so much love.

In other news, saw a tweet from Torri about the FIFA Worldchampionship. Her support goes to Wales.

Comment

Umpf...I hope, at least, your brother felt a bit guilty afterwards.
                            Well, neither my brother nor my sister-in-law got sick at all. So maybe it was just a coincidence that the two of us got sick at the same time? I don't know. *shrugs* We both feel better now, and that's what counts.

Originally posted by america126
                            Hi!!

I Am Back

I Have Been Busy

it is SO Good!!!!!
                            Welcome back! No, never seen it.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                            In other news, saw a tweet from Torri about the FIFA Worldchampionship. Her support goes to Wales.
                            I will either support your team or Croatia. Good luck!!​

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

That is WAY too early for snow!!

And at least we aren't getting 5 feet of snow like they did in Buffalo, NY. Did you see the pictures of that?

And yes, autumn seemed to fly by this year. It was summer, then boom!​​
                              Yeah, Buffalo looks CRAZY! Winter is definitely here. Where's my House Stark fur cloak?

Hope you're feeling better now. *hugs* Yeah, I wouldn't touch anything homemade like that being sold at what is essentially an unlicensed market. Even if the maker/seller did all the food handling procedures right, there's no telling if your brother handled it right once he bought it. I'm with Falcon Horus, I hope your brother felt guilty afterwards.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yeah, Buffalo looks CRAZY! Winter is definitely here. Where's my House Stark fur cloak?

I'm glad I have my snow plowing all set up for winter. Because I'm not doing that!!

Hope you're feeling better now. *hugs* Yeah, I wouldn't touch anything homemade like that being sold at what is essentially an unlicensed market. Even if the maker/seller did all the food handling procedures right, there's no telling if your brother handled it right once he bought it. I'm with Falcon Horus, I hope your brother felt guilty afterwards.
                                Looks like we just passed each other on the forum. Yeah, I didn't really think of that but you're right. I won't be eating anything like that in the future. (Even if it wasn't food poisoning this time, though it just seems like a big coincidence that 2 of us would get sick with GI problems at the same exact time. Maybe if it wasn't food poisoning it was something in it that didn't agree with our systems?)

Comment

Working...
                                X