Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

Thanks!

Ooh, that's very nice! I have a fireplace too but it's a regular wood one. And I haven't had the chimney cleaned in years so I don't dare to run it.
    Your Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      The groundhog has spoken -- 6 more weeks of Winter for y'all.
      What a backwards country this can be... we don't believe in science but do believe a groundhog can predict the weather.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
      If you want to have balmy temperatures, like early Spring... Hop on a plane and visit me. I can sleep 4, possibly 5 guests.
      If I had the money, I would head out there right now!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Meanwhile, I haven't accomplished jack squat all week. Maybe it's the seasonal blues. *shrug*
        Hmm, same here. I think I need more chocolate.
        ​​​​
        The groundhog has spoken -- 6 more weeks of Winter for y'all.
        What a backwards country this can be... we don't believe in science but do believe a groundhog can predict the weather.
        As far as I'm concerned, Punxsutawney Phil's forecast is only valid within a 4-state radius. Meanwhile, we've had cold and rainy weather the last couple of days...time to have some hot cocoa because spring is coming early!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I had the misfortune of forgetting all of my bottles this morning so I arrived at work with not a single item to drink. Luckily we have a vending machine so all good. But then I decided to have a cup of tea, which was out in the coffee machine so I switched to hot chocolate.... and blegh... when you're used to homemade hot chocolate (with all that home working), the stuff that comes out of the machine tastes like dirt.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I had the misfortune of forgetting all of my bottles this morning so I arrived at work with not a single item to drink. Luckily we have a vending machine so all good. But then I decided to have a cup of tea, which was out in the coffee machine so I switched to hot chocolate.... and blegh... when you're used to homemade hot chocolate (with all that home working), the stuff that comes out of the machine tastes like dirt.
            Gross!

That Sucks
            Last edited by america126; 04 February 2022, 05:43 PM.

Comment

The ice has arrived! It's like a giant sheet of it out there. Thankfully I don't have anywhere to go tonight. But it's supposed to stay cold for a few days so I don't know when it will melt. Blech. Like I've said, I'd rather have snow than ice.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              As far as I'm concerned, Punxsutawney Phil's forecast is only valid within a 4-state radius. Meanwhile, we've had cold and rainy weather the last couple of days...time to have some hot cocoa because spring is coming early!
              Mmmm... cocoa....

Yeah, cheap made hot chocolate tastes like water with a slight hint of chocolate... gross!

Comment

I Changed My Profile Picture

​I Watched The Olympic Opening Ceremony, This Morning

Comment

I watched the countries come in. It's the only part that interests me. I just love seeing the small countries with 1 or 2 athletes, but they are so happy and proud to be there.

Comment

I watched the opening ceremony because I thought they might include Peng Shai, just to show everybody she is OK.
                    But then none of the people involved was interviewed, so her appearance would have only shown she is still alive, not that she was there by choice or otherwise.
                    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

You're right. That would have been a good opportunity for them to show her.

Comment

I watched the countries come in. It's the only part that interests me. I just love seeing the small countries with 1 or 2 athletes, but they are so happy and proud to be there.
                        I Missed Some of The Countries Coming In. it is a Long Story

Indeed!!

Comment

Well, the ice is still everywhere outside. Apparently I'm not going outside until Monday when it's finally supposed to get above freezing.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Yeah, cheap made hot chocolate tastes like water with a slight hint of chocolate... gross!
                            Ewww, gross is right! Don't get me wrong, there are some instant hot chocolates that are pretty good, but the stuff out of vending machines just doesn't cut it.

Well, the ice is still everywhere outside. Apparently I'm not going outside until Monday when it's finally supposed to get above freezing.
                            That's not good! Hurry up, warmer temps!
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm always laughing when I see countries which don't generally get enough snow or snow at all, and yet they have bobsleigh teams and skiers/snowboarders representing.

Belgium has a bobsleighteam -- the Belgian Bullets.

(If Jamaica can have a bobsleighteam, so can we.)

The guy from Tonga didn't make it, but American Samoa covered the traditional shirtless walk.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Copy/paste wasn't working and I was like... oh no, the forum is doing it again. Turns out it was me.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                That's not good! Hurry up, warmer temps!
                                Definitely!! I usually go to my brother's on Sundays for dinner, but I'm not trying to walk on that big sheet of ice.

I'm always laughing when I see countries which don't generally get enough snow or snow at all, and yet they have bobsleigh teams and skiers/snowboarders representing.

Belgium has a bobsleighteam -- the Belgian Bullets.

(If Jamaica can have a bobsleighteam, so can we.)

The guy from Tonga didn't make it, but American Samoa covered the traditional shirtless walk.
                                Yes, I was shivering for that poor dude. It was so cold!!

Go Belgium!! Anyone willing to go on one of those things deserves respect.

Comment

Working...
                                X