Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Oooh, I wish it was like that here! Currently 33 F (0.5 C), cloudy all day with rain coming in overnight. Brrr!
    It was the same temp here today as it was yesterday. Tomorrow it goes back to normal, and we have a chance of snow! But thankfully it's not supposed to accumulate. Still, my plans tomorrow involve hot chocolate, wrapping presents, and watching football. Although my football-a-thon got squashed... due to Covid, they postponed the Raiders game that was supposed to be tomorrow at 4:30pm. But the Patriots game is still on at 8:20pm. Go Patriots!! It's weird - the Raiders started extremely well and the Patriots started very badly. Now the opposite is true. Just goes to show that anything can happen.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
    Moderna, matching what I got before. A slug of Tylenol and a hot steamy shower to ease the aches did wonders and I was pretty much normal again by afternoon. Good enough to make pizza for dinner! Fresh dough, red sauce, fresh mozz (instead of the shredded stuff), mushrooms, ham, and a sprinkle of parsley and green onion in my happy new pizza pan. Yummies! (I should've taken a picture, LOL)
    Oh I'm so glad you're doing better!! My sister-in-law had a similar reaction to her booster shot that she got yesterday.

And YUM!! (well, except for the mushrooms... ewww... slimy fungi)

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
    This is absolutely the weirdest thing now. Your quote of my post has the edited line that the delete happened, but I don't see that line in my post.

I swear my Lemming self did not eat any of the cables connecting this forum (can't say the same about cables running in and out of Rodney's office).

Lots of poltergeist around here!!

Comment

Now that I'm not working, I can sleep in. Yet my stupid body keeps waking me up EARLIER AND EARLIER each day. Stupid body.

Comment

I keep telling my friends I’m going to buy an island one day. Not practical but it’s a happy thought. Sorry to hear of your neighborhood theft JT2. And sorry to hear the booster was tough for you SK. Hope you are feeling better. What else did I miss? I need to catch up a bit. I’ve had some tech issues, less frustrating than yours FH, but you know my quarterly lapse in being able to log in to post here. I think my brain cells responsible for GW login need a new power source, lol. I swear it’s written down somewhere safe now.

Im busy prepping for the holidays as I’ve got an outpatient surgery for Tuesday and I probably won’t be up to any more shopping for groceries after, so I hope the brain cells in charge of grocery lists are up to the task.

Nothing major, just Ptosis repair (eyelid muscle) so my eyesight may be a bit blurry next week.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! (none of our teams are playing until after Christmas, so the heck with it, LOL! )

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          This is absolutely the weirdest thing now. Your quote of my post has the edited line that the delete happened, but I don't see that line in my post.

I swear my Lemming self did not eat any of the cables connecting this forum (can't say the same about cables running in and out of Rodney's office).
          I'm siding with JT-2 on this one; poltergeists! The board is haunted!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          Oh I'm so glad you're doing better!! My sister-in-law had a similar reaction to her booster shot that she got yesterday.

And YUM!! (well, except for the mushrooms... ewww... slimy fungi)
          Yeah, I'm glad it's over too, bad enough it happened in the first place.

LOL at the mushrooms! They don't get slimy on my pizza, just nice and cooked little bits of meaty-like deliciousness.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
          I keep telling my friends I’m going to buy an island one day. Not practical but it’s a happy thought. Sorry to hear of your neighborhood theft JT2. And sorry to hear the booster was tough for you SK. Hope you are feeling better. What else did I miss? I need to catch up a bit. I’ve had some tech issues, less frustrating than yours FH, but you know my quarterly lapse in being able to log in to post here. I think my brain cells responsible for GW login need a new power source, lol. I swear it’s written down somewhere safe now.

Im busy prepping for the holidays as I’ve got an outpatient surgery for Tuesday and I probably won’t be up to any more shopping for groceries after, so I hope the brain cells in charge of grocery lists are up to the task.

Nothing major, just Ptosis repair (eyelid muscle) so my eyesight may be a bit blurry next week.
          Eeep! Hope your surgery goes well and you recover quickly! *virtual hugs*
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Remember when we talked about Sparky island? I'd still like to live there. *sigh*

Good luck with your surgery on Tuesday!! I hope it is not painful, and that it is ultimately helpful.

LOL at the mushrooms! They don't get slimy on my pizza, just nice and cooked little bits of meaty-like deliciousness.
            I have never liked mushrooms. I pick them out of anything I eat. For example, I adore chicken stroganoff but I don't eat the mushrooms in it. My dad was the same way. My mom would just roll her eyes at the two of us at dinner carefully dissecting our meals to get rid of the mushrooms (and then she'd steal them off our plates to eat them herself, so she wasn't really TOO annoyed ).

Comment

When we see her type something funky, we know why...

As to the subject of mushrooms, I'm with JT, though my dislike is more about the texture of a shroom than the taste but I do fish them out when I can find them, cause my sister loves them so she's in the habit of chopping them up real good so that they are unable to be fished out.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yes, FH!! It's the texture, not the taste.

And my Patriots are playing like my Raiders tonight.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Remember when we talked about Sparky island? I'd still like to live there. *sigh*
                  Me too. Never ending fruity drinks with the pink umbrellas, lots of good eats, the good episodes of SGA (or anything else we want to watch) on demand whenever we want to watch them... *sighs*

I have never liked mushrooms. I pick them out of anything I eat. For example, I adore chicken stroganoff but I don't eat the mushrooms in it. My dad was the same way. My mom would just roll her eyes at the two of us at dinner carefully dissecting our meals to get rid of the mushrooms (and then she'd steal them off our plates to eat them herself, so she wasn't really TOO annoyed ).
                  I think your mom had the right idea. More shroomy goodness for her!

As to the subject of mushrooms, I'm with JT, though my dislike is more about the texture of a shroom than the taste but I do fish them out when I can find them, cause my sister loves them so she's in the habit of chopping them up real good so that they are unable to be fished out.
                  To be fair, chopping them up that much will help them blend in with the rest of the food so the "icky" texture isn't noticeable. At least, that's the idea.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

To be fair, chopping them up that much will help them blend in with the rest of the food so the "icky" texture isn't noticeable. At least, that's the idea.
                    I strongly object...

Comment

I don't know what's going on with professional football this weekend. Basically everything has gone topsy-turvy and games are going the opposite of how I wanted them to go. Like every. single. game. They are going the opposite of how people thought they would go. I swear they did this for the betting or something.

Me too. Never ending fruity drinks with the pink umbrellas, lots of good eats, the good episodes of SGA (or anything else we want to watch) on demand whenever we want to watch them... *sighs*
                      That sounds so very lovely. *sighs* I was going to go out and have a pink fruity drink with a friend of mine but her daughter caught covid and now the whole clan is in quarantine. Thankfully, so far they are all doing well.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                      I strongly object...
                      As do I.

Comment

That sounds so very lovely. *sighs* I was going to go out and have a pink fruity drink with a friend of mine but her daughter caught covid and now the whole clan is in quarantine. Thankfully, so far they are all doing well.
                        Sounds familiar.

We were supposed to celebrate the birthday of the eldest of our best friends last week, and it would have gone ahead if it weren't that the youngest brought covid home from school. Then they all started testing positive. The kids got sick for a day or two, but mom was alright without symptoms. She'd just gotten her booster shot, as did dad... but he did develop symptoms so it was 3 weeks of quarantine for them instead of celebrating birthdays.

They'll be the safest place come celebrating new year's.

Though if new measures are announced, it might not happen. I mean, The Netherlands is in full lockdown again. They might give our government some ideas.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

I strongly object...
                          As do I.

I don't know what's going on with professional football this weekend. Basically everything has gone topsy-turvy and games are going the opposite of how I wanted them to go. Like every. single. game. They are going the opposite of how people thought they would go. I swear they did this for the betting or something.
                          Sports shenanigans. Gotta love it.

Sounds familiar.

We were supposed to celebrate the birthday of the eldest of our best friends last week, and it would have gone ahead if it weren't that the youngest brought covid home from school. Then they all started testing positive. The kids got sick for a day or two, but mom was alright without symptoms. She'd just gotten her booster shot, as did dad... but he did develop symptoms so it was 3 weeks of quarantine for them instead of celebrating birthdays.

Though if new measures are announced, it might not happen. I mean, The Netherlands is in full lockdown again. They might give our government some ideas.

Glad to hear everyone's doing okay.

I swear, our 'make like a hermit and hunker down' mentality has really served us well out here. We've been able to ignore the shenanigans and laugh at the ineffective bureaucrats on their oh-so-obvious power trip. Really sucks for small business owners who are getting hosed with all the lockdown whiplash, though.

Comment

I hope Zandras_Ashes does okay with her surgery tomorrow!!

Sounds familiar.

Yikes, full lockdown. That's not good. I haven't asked my friend how long she has to quarantine for. I just know I won't be seeing her before Christmas. Still, she has a weakened immune system, so if the only problem she has is some quarantining, then we are all VERY grateful. (Honestly, I want to ask her adult daughter why she thought it was a good idea to go visit her immunocompromised mother when she had a bad cough ).

I swear, our 'make like a hermit and hunker down' mentality has really served us well out here. We've been able to ignore the shenanigans and laugh at the ineffective bureaucrats on their oh-so-obvious power trip. Really sucks for small business owners who are getting hosed with all the lockdown whiplash, though.
                            My little state of Rhode Island made national news on a news program I watch for having the highest number of cases per capita of any state, and for our emergency room departments saying they are on the verge of "collapse". NOT the way you'd like your state to get into the national news.

I'm hoping my relatively small amount of contact with others is helping me (as well as getting my shots and booster, of course).

Comment

Okay so editing a post isn't working. And I tried to add a comment to say what I'd edited and that's not appearing either. So, my first sentence in the last post should be that I hope ZA will be okay TOMORROW with her surgery. For a moment I thought today was Tuesday.

Comment

The safest place with half their furniture missing cause they bought some new things, among which a dining room table, and the husband wants the old furniture gone before the new arrives on January 4th.

We're getting their old dining room table so come new year's we'll have to improvise where to eat. We've already brought forth the idea of a Roman era inspired party... lying down in the sofa and eat grapes.

Comment

Working...
                                X