No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I made it to WA tired and hungry, then I saw the water (and water doggo- aka harbor seal) and all was well again.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

My friend is coming to visit on Wednesday. We plan to look at lighthouses on that day, and go sailing on Friday. Thursday is supposed to be raining and thunderstorms so I don't know what we'll do.
      Sounds fantastic! Hope you had a great time and didn’t have to tackle too many steps.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
        I made it to WA tired and hungry, then I saw the water (and water doggo- aka harbor seal) and all was well again.
        Yay! Glad you made it out here! Looks like the weather's gonna be nice all weekend.

And yay harbor seal! Squee!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!
            Evening...

Gosh, a day at the office takes it all out of me... *yawn*
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Happy Friday!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Yay! Glad you made it out here! Looks like the weather's gonna be nice all weekend.

And yay harbor seal! Squee!
              The weather has been moody in the morning (like me, lol) and glorious in the afternoon/evening, just in time for me to plant myself on the deck of my Airbnb and soak in all the goodness. Took a boat ride today and saw so many seals. I want one

Comment

Well, my friend and I had a great time. The sailing yesterday was a definite treat. Although it would have been better without the 2 year old twins and baby also on the boat. Who brings kids that young on a sailboat?

I got her to experience some of my favorite Rhode Island things, finishing the trip with a Del's Lemonade (which is frozen lemonade and a Rhode Island staple).

The weather has been moody in the morning (like me, lol) and glorious in the afternoon/evening, just in time for me to plant myself on the deck of my Airbnb and soak in all the goodness. Took a boat ride today and saw so many seals. I want one
                Sounds awesome!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Hope you're all enjoying this Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday... but do take a moment to remember the events of 20 years ago, those who were lost and those who survived.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Evening...

Gosh, a day at the office takes it all out of me... *yawn*
                  The weekend's here, great chance for a long nap.

Happy Friday!

Betcha you can find a seal plushie in a gift shop...

Well, my friend and I had a great time. The sailing yesterday was a definite treat. Although it would have been better without the 2 year old twins and baby also on the boat. Who brings kids that young on a sailboat?

I got her to experience some of my favorite Rhode Island things, finishing the trip with a Del's Lemonade (which is frozen lemonade and a Rhode Island staple).
                  Mmm, a frozen lemonade sounds delicious.

The little kids on a boat...ugh, there's just no accounting for common sense in some people...

Comment

The weekend's here, great chance for a long nap.
                    Indeed.

Though I'm currently working on catching up with my online evening classes I enrolled myself into: AutoCad, Java and Python.

Next one to suggest writing one's name in a program should really consider thinking twice about that when there are students in your class which have 7 different letters in their name as opposed to Marc 1 & 2. I bet they are loving that exercise.

Comment

It’s been a chilly rainy day and I took full advantage to have the comfort foods to go with it. Yummy grilled cheese and soup, am now settled in front of a fireplace.

SK- don’t tempt me with the stuffed animal, I’ve been so strong in resisting. You know what it’s like when people find out you like something? It started with a glass seal and stuffed seal and people took notice. I have a while seal family now spilling down my bookcases

Sailing-what a treat! Glad you enjoyed despite the challenges. I always stress in situations like that, afraid the kids will tumble in. Frozen lemonade sounds terrific.

Indeed.

Though I'm currently working on catching up with my online evening classes I enrolled myself into: AutoCad, Java and Python.

Next one to suggest writing one's name in a program should really consider thinking twice about that when there are students in your class which have 7 different letters in their name as opposed to Marc 1 & 2. I bet they are loving that exercise.
                      Good for you! lol at the name, hopefully you’ll move past those type of exercises quickly. I need to sign up for Python. I started once and didn’t keep with it.

Comment

Mmm, a frozen lemonade sounds delicious.
                        It certainly is! It's very refreshing.

The little kids on a boat...ugh, there's just no accounting for common sense in some people...
                        Right?? When we saw the group in line, both of us just groaned. Babies are great, don't get me wrong. But not on what is supposed to be a relaxing sailboat ride.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                        Indeed.

Java was one of my main programming languages back in my earlier career! Have fun!

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes
                        ​​​​​​Sailing-what a treat! Glad you enjoyed despite the challenges. I always stress in situations like that, afraid the kids will tumble in. Frozen lemonade sounds terrific.
                        I was less afraid of them falling out than one of them falling and banging their head. It was quite windy.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

First up, here's this week's College Football Roundup! It was a mixed bag this week as USC fell to Stanford 42-28 (grr!), Tennessee fell to Pittsburgh 41-34, Virginia Tech beat Middle Tennessee 35-14, Rhode Island beat Albany 16-14, and in the race for the Atlantis Cup, Air Force beat Navy 23-3. Sheppard's sure to make this morning's PT run LEGENDARY.

On to next week, and the rest of the news...

Indeed.

LOL, oh dear!

I used to dabble in computer animation, and I've been looking into learning programming, but my writing is eating my time. Someday...

It’s been a chilly rainy day and I took full advantage to have the comfort foods to go with it. Yummy grilled cheese and soup, am now settled in front of a fireplace.

SK- don’t tempt me with the stuffed animal, I’ve been so strong in resisting. You know what it’s like when people find out you like something? It started with a glass seal and stuffed seal and people took notice. I have a while seal family now spilling down my bookcases
                          Mmm, grilled cheese...

LOL, sounds like me with dragons!

Right?? When we saw the group in line, both of us just groaned. Babies are great, don't get me wrong. But not on what is supposed to be a relaxing sailboat ride.
                          Exactly.

Comment

Air Force beat Navy 23-3... BURN!

I can hear Sheppard grinning.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

First up, here's this week's College Football Roundup! It was a mixed bag this week as USC fell to Stanford 42-28 (grr!), Tennessee fell to Pittsburgh 41-34, Virginia Tech beat Middle Tennessee 35-14, Rhode Island beat Albany 16-14, and in the race for the Atlantis Cup, Air Force beat Navy 23-3. Sheppard's sure to make this morning's PT run LEGENDARY.

On to next week, and the rest of the news...

LOL, oh dear!

I used to dabble in computer animation, and I've been looking into learning programming, but my writing is eating my time. Someday...

Mmm, grilled cheese...

LOL, sounds like me with dragons!

Exactly.
                              Lol, the mental image of PT after game day never fails to bring a smile. Hope the writing is going well. You can place the dragons strategically to stare you down if you dare leave the keyboard.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Air Force beat Navy 23-3... BURN!

I can hear Sheppard grinning.
                                And Cadman and the rest of the Marines cringing a little.

Lol, the mental image of PT after game day never fails to bring a smile.
                                Yep. The question about whether PT is worse when Air Force beats Navy or if they lose to Navy is still a matter of debate. Officially, McKay has taken no position, but the betting pool among the science teams always seems to lean Sheppard's way no matter the outcome of the game. Naturally, Kavanagh always loses those bets.

Hope the writing is going well. You can place the dragons strategically to stare you down if you dare leave the keyboard.
                                Hmm, now that's something I haven't tried yet...

Comment

Working...
                                X